Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clemson - Dabo has a clean house

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Gonna be really interesting to see how Dabo responds. If he weathers this storm and gets Clemson back on the national stage he is really going to solidify himself in the upper tier of all time coaches.
I got a lot of laughing emojis on this comment but I’m completely serious. Dabo already has 2 NCs and if he survives the exodus and gets a couple more he is gonna be an all time great

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I got a lot of laughing emojis on this comment but I’m completely serious. Dabo already has 2 NCs and if he survives the exodus and gets a couple more he is gonna be an all time great

Yeah, its easy for people to say "he is just a recruiter and CEO" and not an X's and O's coach.

For starters, who cares. Don't think the scoreboard cares about how you get it done, just the points on the board at the end of the game. Second, the dude has been around football at the highest levels for years now. I think he knows a thing or two about X's and O's.

If he can put together another run with a different staff he will put himself up there with the all time college coaching greats.

I also don't think he would transition well to the NFL. However, all he has ever done is prove people wrong, so i kind of would like to see him try. Not sure he will get the chance though.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
He'll never coach in the NFL. The NFL lacks so much of what drives Dabo, and that is building these kids as men, husbands, fathers, teammates, and humans. If he stops coaching college football, then he will be done coaching.

I'd be stunned if he stays in house for the DC hire.

If - God willing - someone takes Elliott off of our hands, then I could see Dabo staying in house for OC. I don't want that to happen, but I could see it.
If what you say is right then He would make a good coordinator. Offense/defense/special teams IDK. I'd like to see him gone and see if clemson could recover. Beamer is going on the offense right now so I'd like to see dabo stay.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Dude there are plenty of coaches worse than dabo in the NFL. I don't like him but by all accounts the dude is running shit. This year coming we will see. Who will be the new tater factory up thar?
Um, what? I didn't say Dabo won't go to the NFL because he's bad at coaching. That's not what I said at all. He loves the relationships and being involved in "raising" these young men. You don't do that in the NFL.

To be clear, Dabo isn't going anywhere.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I think its official. Our AD Radalovich is gone to Miami. Makes sense. He will go down and collect a fat paycheck in Tax Free Florida before retirement.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I think its official. Our AD Radalovich is gone to Miami. Makes sense. He will go down and collect a fat paycheck in Tax Free Florida before retirement.

He can go ahead and scope out his next home down in Del Boca Vista.

9e43f1db87f15bf424205b3c559c0e14.jpg

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Um, what? I didn't say Dabo won't go to the NFL because he's bad at coaching. That's not what I said at all. He loves the relationships and being involved in "raising" these young men. You don't do that in the NFL.

To be clear, Dabo isn't going anywhere.
I miss understood your position. I'd agree. Although if he gonna go now would be a good time

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

3 million. I guess Miami is thinking they get outta their hole. I'm not as sure. Although NIL should help

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Elliot held out a long time for the "right" job. Not sure how he sees Virginia as the right job but good luck to him. He was a good O-Coordinator and is responsible for a lot of Clemson's success despite some of his head scratching play calling this year.

1639167694682.png

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Elliot held out a long time for the "right" job. Not sure how he sees Virginia as the right job but good luck to him. He was a good O-Coordinator and is responsible for a lot of Clemson's success despite some of his head scratching play calling this year.

View attachment 64371
I don't know that it's the right job, but it's the best opportunity for him where he is now. I fully believe he'll be a better HC than OC.

Top Bottom