Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why does the media act like radical is not cool?

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
The entire Republican Party has been called radical and Nazi for a while so I’m not sure it really means all that much

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
It's because they commandeer terms.

Woke is the complete opposite. The term gained popularity with the Matrix, Morpheus, and the blue-pill/red-pill scene. It took root in the nascent and started to actually work. The apparatus then commandeered it.

The same thing happened in the 60's with the "counter-culture" movement. What is the root word of culture?

The same thing they were pushing.as counter-culture.

Same thing happens with the term progressive. There is nothing progressive about those policies. Yet they commandeered the term.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
It's because they commandeer terms.

Woke is the complete opposite. The term gained popularity with the Matrix, Morpheus, and the blue-pill/red-pill scene. It took root in the nascent and started to actually work. The apparatus then commandeered it.

The same thing happened in the 60's with the "counter-culture" movement. What is the root word of culture?

The same thing they were pushing.as counter-culture.

Same thing happens with the term progressive. There is nothing progressive about those policies. Yet they commandeered the term.
1618619733899.gif

The point I was trying to make is that maybe we should start taking back the term radical - we can play word games too. Prob just a matter of months until this site gets targeted for being a home of Radicalization, and we should be ready to thank them for their kind statements.

Top Bottom