Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rebar

Elite
If you’re a policy guy then you have to have Haley over all of them including Trump. She is the only serious GOP candidate that supports Ukraine.
Nope. I don't dislike her. I don't think she was great for SC. She did ok. Similar to our gov now McMaster. I wouldn't vote for him for president either. But he has been a good governor.
She is part of the cult of Clemson. Clemson is one of the dirtiest administrations in all college or universities.
And supporting Ukraine is great for MIC. Why couldn't we have had 1/2the cash the sent to them to stop our own country from being invaded? You are a numb skull

TheResister

Elite
My family has known Trump’s since 1980. My dad sold him rebar for his construction. I looked over your posts.
We will need to agree to disagree. While you may have some old facts on your side I look at actions of his presidency.
How many wish the wall was completed now? 5.4 billion I think was the price.
The illegals have already gobbled up that much in country. Like I said he isn't a perfect man. None of us are. But I'll vote for him again proudly.
I've been a victim of frivolous bullshit by police and government officials. And I beat them all. Cost me 30k and 5 years. I hate big callous government and anything anyone can do to get our rights back and policy back to America 1st I will happily help.

I will agree to disagree and respect your opinions.

I watched Trump as president. He promised Democrats he could get the NRA to support gun control. He condemned the Fourth Amendment and due process. He showed the Ds that they could misuse regulatory agencies (namely the BATFE) so as circumvent going through Congress for things like gun control. Right to Lifers are abandoning Trump as he back pedals on that issue and he has always been pro-LGBTQP.

As per the wall, I'm not in favor of building a wall. On the heels of the talk of a wall was the National ID / REAL ID Act, - E Verify the Constitution Free Zone, repeal of due process, womb to the tomb 24 / 7 / 365 surveillance of people and their activity. It is an Orwellian Martial Law atmosphere that will usher in the ultimate POLICE STATE. National ID led to National Gun Registration and National Gun Registration will lead to confiscation... just as Trump has advocated as president. Not to worry. I could do what Trump promises WITHOUT building a wall.

rebar

Elite
I would RELUCTANTLY very RELUCTANTLY prefer DeSantis over Trump and only because as a governor he's demonstrated he can get bills passed through a legislature. None of them are worthy of an endorsement. People keep saying they aren't for Trump, but then want to secure his nomination by presuming it will be him or Biden. Others may still come out, but Trump will not pledge to support a Republican candidate if he loses, so nobody should endorse Trump. He is trying to write his own ticket when he hasn't earned it.
But why should he be compelled to agree to voting for someone who he disagrees with. It isn't like he'd vote for a dem. That is all dog and pony show political bullshit. It is all political theater to try and get someone in a gotcha moment. No different that Schiff saying he had all the evidence or Trump was committing a quid pro quo over the call w Ukraine to find corruption. Why hasn't Biden been impeached for getting the prosecutor fired? Haven't heard a word from him in the states. He wants to talk. The Cabal doesn't want him to so no one in the mainstream media will even consider it. Everything is below the surface and has been since the Great Depression. Hell even before that w the dupont family and JPMorgan and the other Barons

TheResister

Elite
But why should he be compelled to agree to voting for someone who he disagrees with. It isn't like he'd vote for a dem. That is all dog and pony show political bullshit. It is all political theater to try and get someone in a gotcha moment. No different that Schiff saying he had all the evidence or Trump was committing a quid pro quo over the call w Ukraine to find corruption. Why hasn't Biden been impeached for getting the prosecutor fired? Haven't heard a word from him in the states. He wants to talk. The Cabal doesn't want him to so no one in the mainstream media will even consider it. Everything is below the surface and has been since the Great Depression. Hell even before that w the dupont family and JPMorgan and the other Barons

So why should people commit to supporting Trump on an IF basis? If we don't agree with him, why presume it will come down to Trump v. Biden? There is an IF many don't consider:

IF you support Trump and vote for him and IF he institutes gun control, you cannot (morally or legally) refuse to relinquish your Rights. If you support a tyrant, you're going to be stuck with him. the lesser of two evils is still evil.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I agree with your assessment. The thing for me is that I would be prepared to show why I'm not a Trump supporter. After extensive research, I found that he was anti-gun, PRO - LGBTQP and he has a hatred aimed toward due process. Unlike senile Joe Biden, Trump FAILED to get his signature legislation passed in Congress, despite having a Republican dominated House and Senate. He didn't repeal Obamacare either.

My litmus test is the Second Amendment. We can't fight tyranny if we submit to gun control. And that might require a difficult conversation, but if we believe in Freedom, we owe it to ourselves to have a serious discussion.

Those facts bounce right off Trump supporters here. They’re beyond supporters, they’re in the cult. They don’t care what Trump says or does, they continue to support him. They can’t argue a single issue to his credit, because they know he’s never been consistent on any issue for more than 15 minutes.

rebar

Elite
So why should people commit to supporting Trump on an IF basis? If we don't agree with him, why presume it will come down to Trump v. Biden? There is an IF many don't consider:

IF you support Trump and vote for him and IF he institutes gun control, you cannot (morally or legally) refuse to relinquish your Rights. If you support a tyrant, you're going to be stuck with him. the lesser of two evils is still evil.
No one can inflict gun control with out a constitutional convention. Look up Supreme Court strikes down gun control.
It shall not be infringed.

I agree. No one should be compelled to support something you do not agree with.
How exactly was Trump a tyrant again? Highest wages ever for Latino and Black folks? Because he tried to close the birder and reduce trafficking?
You should take your Lexapro now

TheResister

Elite
No one can inflict gun control with out a constitutional convention. Look up Supreme Court strikes down gun control.

How exactly was Trump a tyrant again? Highest wages ever for Latino and Black folks? Because he tried to close the birder and reduce trafficking?

Not funny sir. I don't do drugs and my wife had a son that died just last year due to an overdose of Fentanyl.

I hate to burst your bubble, but ever since Trump showed the Democrats that they could misuse BATFE when he outlawed bump stocks, we've witnessed the system coming after pistols claiming that they were "short barreled rifles" requiring them to be registered and taxed as machine guns; they went after unfinished receivers (an attempt to tell you cannot build your own weapons); they went door to door taking forced reset triggers and solvent traps. Oh, yeah you can still have your guns - but, that will be moot since every feature is being outlawed by executive fiat - something Trump showed the Ds how to effectively employ.

TheResister

Elite
Those facts bounce right off Trump supporters here. They’re beyond supporters, they’re in the cult. They don’t care what Trump says or does, they continue to support him. They can’t argue a single issue to his credit, because they know he’s never been consistent on any issue for more than 15 minutes.

Yeah, I am beginning to see the blind spot with some people. I don't care what Trump did for Blacks or Latinos. Maybe if he had done less, they wouldn't be wanting to flood this country.

Personally, I think that Trump picked up on his buddy Bill Clinton's mantra to build a wall for the sole purpose of flipping the right. He knew, going in, that the courts would prevent most of his actions relative to the wall idea. It was a no go without the globalist agenda in place. It's about control.

My strategy would be to take the control away from government and see then how long it would take to resolve the immigration debacle.

Don’t forget he supports abortion even further along now, along with supporting the lgbtq movement. He also has an absolutely horrid batting average with putting people in charge who are for the people.
And he was pals with jeffrey epstein.

rebar

Elite
Don’t forget he supports abortion even further along now, along with supporting the lgbtq movement. He also has an absolutely horrid batting average with putting people in charge who are for the people.
And he was pals with jeffrey epstein.
I can't tell who you're shilling for write now. When you're rich you know a fucking ton of othernrich people.
I used to be deep in the country club circles of the South. I've turned down going to Augusta 4x(2 were practice rounds,1 Friday, 1 Saturday)
I was with a govenors son when I was 8 and he was 13 and he was ripping rails. And now I look back,ot was a giant bag of a whitey powdery substance.
Seems early but now they transition to chocks w dicks. The world is crazy

I can't tell who you're shilling for write now. When you're rich you know a fucking ton of othernrich people.
I used to be deep in the country club circles of the South. I've turned down going to Augusta 4x(2 were practice rounds,1 Friday, 1 Saturday)
I was with a govenors son when I was 8 and he was 13 and he was ripping rails. And now I look back,ot was a giant bag of a whitey powdery substance.
Seems early but now they transition to chocks w dicks. The world is crazy
I have no idea how any of this relates to my post. Started early today?

Gave you a like because you’re right that Trump is just like most other politicians.

You’re wrong about the 2nd amendment stuff though. Not only did he appoint justices that have drastically expanded arms rights in this country but they did so knowing they were taking the interpretation of the 2nd amendment far past what The Foudning Fathers ever intended.
Gave you a like
what some skittles?
Gave you a like because you’re right that Trump is just like most other politicians.
take the skittles out of your mouth
Not only did he appoint justices that have drastically expanded arms rights in this country
fair
interpretation of the 2nd amendment far past what The Foudning Fathers ever intended.
The founding fathers intended for the "state" (the people) to keep arms specifically used for military service, when called upon in defense of the country, or as they called it, "the militia". In other words, we are supposed to have the same hardware as the military. This is clear and has be proven in several supreme court decisions, most notably US vs Miller, 1939 and two days ago a California Judge delaced the High Cap mag ban unconstitutional. Next friday, they will likely repeal the "assualt weapons" ban.

what some skittles?

fair

The founding fathers intended for the "state" (the people) to keep arms specifically used for military service, when called upon in defense of the country, or as they called it, "the militia". In other words, we are supposed to have the same hardware as the military. This is clear and has be proven in several supreme court decisions, most notably US vs Miller, 1939 and two days ago a California Judge delaced the High Cap mag ban unconstitutional. Next friday, they will likely repeal the "assualt weapons" ban.
Incorrect. The second amendment only provides that you have access to “arms” if you are in a militia. The Supreme Court expanded that right via interpretation to include ordinary citizens outside of a militia having the right to firearms in Heller.

The Founders never intended for the weapons of the military to be accessed by every day citizens and The Supreme Court has upheld that at every turn.

Your interpretation of the 2nd amendment would give citizens access to nuclear weapons and fighter aircraft which is literally beyond laughable (and the SCOTUS agrees).

rebar

Elite
what some skittles?

fair

Dude you called ot correctly. Him and some dude @TheResister or some such other cockknocker are shills. No way the fucking idiots are dumber than aoc
She got fired for being an incompent tender of a Bar

The Second Amendment was not enacted to provide a check on government tyranny; rather, it was written to assure the Southern states that Congress would not undermine the slave system by using its newly acquired constitutional authority over the militia to disarm the state militia and thereby destroy the South's principal instrument of slave control. In effect, the Second Amendment supplemented the slavery compromise made at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia and obliquely codified in other constitutional provisions."

For decades, many scholars and courts interpreted the amendment as only preserving states’ authority to keep militias, which would mean that the right to have firearms was linked to militia service.

But in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Supreme Court reached a broader interpretation, finding that the Second Amendment gave individuals a right to have guns—unconnected to any militia service—and to use them for traditionally legal purposes like self-defense.

The Second Amendment was not enacted to provide a check on government tyranny; rather, it was written to assure the Southern states that Congress would not undermine the slave system by using its newly acquired constitutional authority over the militia to disarm the state militia and thereby destroy the South's principal instrument of slave control. In effect, the Second Amendment supplemented the slavery compromise made at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia and obliquely codified in other constitutional provisions."

For decades, many scholars and courts interpreted the amendment as only preserving states’ authority to keep militias, which would mean that the right to have firearms was linked to militia service.

But in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Supreme Court reached a broader interpretation, finding that the Second Amendment gave individuals a right to have guns—unconnected to any militia service—and to use them for traditionally legal purposes like self-defense.

was written to assure the Southern states that Congress would not undermine the slave system

Incorrect. The second amendment only provides that you have access to “arms” if you are in a militia. The Supreme Court expanded that right via interpretation to include ordinary citizens outside of a militia having the right to firearms in Heller.

The Founders never intended for the weapons of the military to be accessed by every day citizens and The Supreme Court has upheld that at every turn.

Your interpretation of the 2nd amendment would give citizens access to nuclear weapons and fighter aircraft which is literally beyond laughable (and the SCOTUS agrees).
if you are in a militia
if you are an able bodied male, and a citizen of the USA, YOU ARE THE MILITIA.

if you are an able bodied male, and a citizen of the USA, YOU ARE THE MILITIA.
False.

The Constitution specifically notes that any citizen, regardless of gender, can be called into the militia. That emphasis wouldn’t be necessary if we were all always in a militia.

Furthermore, your scenario would require every citizen to be tried under military law (since by definition a militia is a military organization). The fact that we don’t do that is further evidence against your position.

False.

The Constitution specifically notes that any citizen, regardless of gender, can be called into the militia. That emphasis wouldn’t be necessary if we were all always in a militia.

Furthermore, your scenario would require every citizen to be tried under military law (since by definition a militia is a military organization). The fact that we don’t do that is further evidence against your position.
great, thanks

TheResister

Elite
Dude you called ot correctly. Him and some dude @TheResister or some such other cockknocker are shills. No way the fucking idiots are dumber than aoc
She got fired for being an incompent tender of a Bar
The only people that would refer to me as a cockknocker or a shill are dumb asses whose IQ is smaller than their shoe size.

Those who keep their lips affixed to Donald Trump's ass are fairies that are unable to have a civil conversation and need the anonymity of the Internet because they won't belt out such swill in person. Go ahead and call me names. It's only projection and fear that drive people to do name calling instead of having civil discourse.

TheResister

Elite

The Second Amendment is about guaranteeing a Right of the People. The Courts have held that your unalienable Rights are natural, inherent, preexisting, absolute, God given and above the law. The 1939 case of Miller held that a sawed off shotgun had no "reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia." The defendant has passed away before his case was heard. Otherwise he could have shown that a shotgun was, in fact, carried by the average infantryman and probably won the case.

The first time the United States Supreme Court ruled on the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, the high Court ruled that the Second Amendment does not grant a Right to keep and bear Arms. They went on to say that the Right is NOT dependent on the Second Amendment. It is because the Right was absolute and preexisting.

TheResister

Elite
False.

You're giving out a lot of inaccurate legal information fraught with factual errors. The Second Amendment has two important components: A Right of the People and the duty for citizens to be able to insure the security of a free State.

You're giving out a lot of inaccurate legal information fraught with factual errors. The Second Amendment has two important components: A Right of the People and the duty for citizens to be able to insure the security of a free State.
I’ve posted links from reliable sources disproving this post and your other one.

You’re going to have to really up your game if you’re going to troll on such a commonly discussed topic.

TheResister

Elite
I’ve posted links from reliable sources disproving this post and your other one.

You’re going to have to really up your game if you’re going to troll on such a commonly discussed topic.
I'm not here to troll and you haven't disproven shit. Since it takes a lot of effort to give civics lessons on a discussion board, I will leave a link for those who are genuinely interested. and the real deal is simple: I've argued many of the things I post about and won them in courtrooms. You're not likely going to prove what I say wrong save of a questionable source here and there. And, when you check into my links, see the internal links. You will find that I quote from the most authoritative sources:

Latest posts

Top Bottom