Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What was the worst musical decade?

Belezabro

Elite
The thing about the 80s is too many think of the pop stuff that dominated radio. There are many layers and genres of music that came out then. The late 80s is actually when grunge began with most of the Seattle bands making music then.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
The 90s sucked. Grunge is the most overrated shit ever and people only like it because they think it makes them cool. The 90s had the Spice Girls, but the Girls alone are not enough to salvage this shit decade
Has my reading comprehension gone to shit? Outside of yourself can you name one person that thinks the Spice Girls could “help” any decade?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m still a 70’s rock guy...interesting that my son and a lot of his friends agree...he’s 24. I guess it’s whatever you like. When the 80’s stuff started, I found myself listening more to country music...From that point on, its pretty much been a shitshow...but that’s just me.
Zeppelin, Skynyrd, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd

Doesn’t get any better than that

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Let’s talk about Bon Jovi, U2, Gunz n Roses. No real talent put together. It’s pathetic.
I am the Paradise City video for .0000001 seconds. Was on my buddy's shoulder front stage in the Meadowlands like 1989 or 90, freshman year of HS.

Saw GnR as they were blowing up at the Ritz, NYC. I was like 14 or 15. They were some crazy dudes who were high AF.....

jhawkdp10

Poster
Founder
The 90's started out great then came the fucking boy bands and Britney Spears bullshit. Music has never really recovered since and continues to suck. Pretty much every genre of music that was ever commercialized started to suck at that point. There were some great hard rock bands in the early 80's and then the hair bands came and started the downward spiral. Same with grunge in the early 90's, country music, rap, and any other music that was once popular. Hell, fucking swing music was popular for a nanosecond in the 90's. I truly believe from the late 60's through the early 80's was the purest rock music will ever be.

D

Deleted member 2886

"What was the worst musical decade?"

😂Fuck that's an arbitrary question.
The decade; 4720-10bc was probably pretty shit.

Mainstream music from every decade in the past century is generally fuckin embarrassing, yet simultaneously each decade yielded masterpieces.

Plus like most things, musical preferences are subjective,...so what's shit to you might be sick AF to me, and vice versa.

Maybe ya like Lisa Loeb's songs, whereas i can't stand that torturously soggy shite.

But i kinda like Dave Grohl's version of one of her annoying whinge fests, here's several examples of music i like,...😆...i'd be surprised if anyone else here digs my sheit.

D

Deleted member 2886

There is fuckin heaps of shitty music, imo, from the 20-twenteen decade, yet still some sick beauts.

Eg;-

🖕😂

D

Deleted member 2886

Here's an example of a band that bust out some mean jams during the mid-2000s, but for some reason [*money, fame,], went full mainstream fag mode in the twen-teens;

*BMTH-2006[=sick af!]

...to...

*BMTH-2020[=garbãge]

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
It's now. Nobody is going to be listening to anything from 2015 to 2022. There is nuggets even in the disco era. This shit today is just total shit. and it isn't like "my music was better in my day and this new stuff is crap" type of argument. This music is really crap. The lyrics are very simple and usually just either cringe or fluff. The music is very simple and repetitive. You don't get any solo's of meaning and the core is just very basic bitch shit.

I can admit some of the music from 50's 60's 70's were better than my 80's and 90's stuff but after around 2012 music just became super generic.

D

Deleted member 2886

It's now. Nobody is going to be listening to anything from 2015 to 2022. There is nuggets even in the disco era. This shit today is just total shit. and it isn't like "my music was better in my day and this new stuff is crap" type of argument. This music is really crap. The lyrics are very simple and usually just either cringe or fluff. The music is very simple and repetitive. You don't get any solo's of meaning and the core is just very basic bitch shit.

I can admit some of the music from 50's 60's 70's were better than my 80's and 90's stuff but after around 2012 music just became super generic.
Fair enough aye, i can respect your subjective opinion.
Though i also disagree, here's but a few from 2015;

And tell me why it was the ‘80’s. If you say it isn’t, I know you probably have fresh white new balances on and have a an L&M dangling from your lips and work on your Geo Storm on the weekends under the light of a Neon Natty Light sign.
I think they all have good music, but recently, there has been a decline in originality. There are many songs in the past that are still played on the raido and used in movies from lets say the 50s to 2000s..............Not so much for today...................I would say that from 2010 till now is the "worst" but only time will tell.

Top Bottom