Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What have you personally "canceled"?

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
That really isn't the best term. But as so many companies, people, and institutions catered to the woke mob, I know many of us have stopped watching/ giving them money/ banned/ stopped supporting/ etc these various entities.

I'm curious, who did you personally "cancel" and have you stuck with it?

For me, it has been Nike, NBA, MLB, as much Chinese crap as I can, a local liquor store that used to get all of my business, PayPal, and Lyft. I have stuck with all of them and plan to continue. For Nike, I threw away - not donated - everything in our house that was Nike. They're completely gone.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’ve canceled stuff before but rotated it back in my life due to convenience. I am cancelling the shit out of Google in my life right now. Last hurdle will be the Google smart home stuff I have my house tricked out in, but I’m gonna get rid of that by the end of the year

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
That really isn't the best term. But as so many companies, people, and institutions catered to the woke mob, I know many of us have stopped watching/ giving them money/ banned/ stopped supporting/ etc these various entities.

For me, it has been Nike, NBA, MLB, as much Chinese crap as I can, a local liquor store that used to get all of my business, PayPal, and Lyft. I have stuck with all of them and plan to continue. For Nike, I threw away - not donated - everything in our house that was Nike. They're completely gone.
Google. Twitter. Linked In. Washington.

AgEngDawg

Legendary

MLB, except the Braves.

I actually watch little of the UGA games at the beginning of last year.

I have not watched ESPN in forever.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I cancelled most pro sports years ago. Since Wuhan arrived, it's been almost all fast food places (lost about 30 pounds) which refused to open and still don't open their dining rooms. Those that have opened and still refuse to put out condiments, those restaurants which still use plastic plates and utensils, Sherwin-Williams, Coke, national news, most local news, anyone who talks about Wuhan during a broadcast (or George Floyd) gets channel changed, and more.

I used to go to Waffle House for breakfast. I stopped going when they stopped giving out paper menus and wanted me to go to the cash register to read their only menu. Haven't been back. And Subway. Not for Wuhan but for using a pink-haired lesbian as their spokesman. And anyone who wants me to sit in a parking lot to receive a text (I don't text) from them to come inside. Texas is 100% open, thus anyone still roping off chairs, tables or sections or limiting entry.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Grub Hub

Whoever thought that putting a pan flute in a commercial was a good idea should be shot repeatedly in the face by all their family members

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
Started with NFL and has since progressed to Nike, tMB, google, NBA, MLB, Netflix, national news, local news. Unless it's some sport I care about I don't tune to any of the big networks at all. Don't miss any of them. Intend to cancel airlines if I ever start business trips again... Guess I will be driving.
BOATS!

Pfft

Poster
No Sunday Ticket
No MLB package
Quit watching NBA
Pepsi over Coke
Walmart over Target
Sams Club over Costco
Home Depot over Lowe’s
Local restaurants over chains
Sold my stock in PayPal and DraftKings
Stopped giving to universities and politicians

But, truth be told, have a hard time keeping straight who I need to cancel this week.

Juro

Elite
Gillette razors for their stupid commercial awhile ago.

Walmart because it’s Walmart, but I’ve been doing that for ten years now.

Stopped using Chrome and Google search. I still use Gmail and Google Maps app though.

I never cared for pro sports except golf. But fuck Lebron.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
I cancelled most pro sports years ago. Since Wuhan arrived, it's been almost all fast food places (lost about 30 pounds) which refused to open and still don't open their dining rooms. Those that have opened and still refuse to put out condiments, those restaurants which still use plastic plates and utensils, Sherwin-Williams, Coke, national news, most local news, anyone who talks about Wuhan during a broadcast (or George Floyd) gets channel changed, and more.

I used to go to Waffle House for breakfast. I stopped going when they stopped giving out paper menus and wanted me to go to the cash register to read their only menu. Haven't been back. And Subway. Not for Wuhan but for using a pink-haired lesbian as their spokesman. And anyone who wants me to sit in a parking lot to receive a text (I don't text) from them to come inside. Texas is 100% open, thus anyone still roping off chairs, tables or sections or limiting entry.
Some of this is surprising. Obviously you're in Texas. I'm in SC, and I haven't dealt with some of what you're saying. Waffle House has never stopped me from not wearing a mask and has always given me a menu. Really, I haven't noticed a difference with them.

What did Sherwin-Williams do? I'm genuinely interested as I'll be buying about 10 gallons of paint from someone in the next week or so.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Some of this is surprising. Obviously you're in Texas. I'm in SC, and I haven't dealt with some of what you're saying. Waffle House has never stopped me from not wearing a mask and has always given me a menu. Really, I haven't noticed a difference with them.

What did Sherwin-Williams do? I'm genuinely interested as I'll be buying about 10 gallons of paint from someone in the next week or so.
Has nothing to do with the paint. Everything to do with their local employees.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
I’ve canceled stuff before but rotated it back in my life due to convenience. I am cancelling the shit out of Google in my life right now. Last hurdle will be the Google smart home stuff I have my house tricked out in, but I’m gonna get rid of that by the end of the year
Which things rotated back into your life?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You folks ditching Google, tell me how that's going. If you were previously on Android, what did you switch to? I'd love to end/ sabotage their profile on me (data collection).
Pretty well actually. You realize that Google is no longer a search engine and just a website that pushes content to you that they want you to see. DuckDuckGo is actually a search engine and you can find some novel and unique stuff again.

Getting off Chrome was super easy. Mozilla is great and @ChicagoFats recommended Dissenter browser which is really cool. It’s got built in comment sections for every website.

Lastly I’m moving my email over to outlook.com and realize that their UI is actually better than Gmail.

You start to realize how little actual innovation has happened with Google over the last 10 years. They haven’t worked on improving their product at all, just controlling and manipulating people. I really think Google and Facebook are in serious trouble in the next 5 years

As far as Android, I’ve been on iPhone for years. Apple has done some “woke things” but they build good products and have always taken care of peoples privacy.

Woodnole

Poster
Founder
I do not watch/support/buy/use or pay attention to:

Nike
MLB
NFL
NBA
Google
Facebook (never did - don’t understand that)
ESPN (will watch some live college FB games or golf tournaments)
Anything made in China
Probably others

I know none of them are hurting because I don’t support them but I just don’t want my time or money going to them. Can’t enjoy using or watching what I detest.

Also there are movies I will not watch because of the actors. The Hollywood/celebrity glorifying culture is just sad to me. Some of the trashiest self-absorbed losers on the planet. Probably only a handful that I’d even let in my house.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Nike
MLB
NFL
NBA
Google
Anything made in China
Probably others

I know none of them are hurting because I don’t support them but I just don’t want my time or money going to them. Can’t enjoy using or watching what I detest.

Also there are movies I will not watch because of the actors. The Hollywood/celebrity glorifying culture is just sad to me. Some of the trashiest self-absorbed losers on the planet. Probably only a handful that I’d even let in my house.
I've included singers as well although I have been voiding singers and their songs for decades due to their politics. Bruce Springsteen, I'm talking about you and your ilk.

Alpha_Cock

A Real A Hole
Founder
I'm going to dig deep into my past. I have not gotten gas at ExxonMobil since March of 1989. Exxon did a piss poor job of cleaning up their mess in Alaska, and I'll never forgive them for it.

Of course, I know that pretty much every large cap mutual fund I've ever had since starting a retirement fund has ExxonMobil in it, but at least I haven't bought their gas. :p

scanodd

Poster
Founder
1. No donations to UT (Texas)
2. Don't watch NFL, NBA or MLB but haven't for a few years.
3. Sams instead of Costco
4. Just try to buy American made products when I can and definitely go out of my way to avoid anything from China.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder

Nike
MLB
NFL
NBA
Google
Anything made in China
Probably others

Good list. I forgot Facebook because I've never had an account.

Fever757

Poster
Founder
Texas is 100% open, thus anyone still roping off chairs, tables or sections or limiting entry.
One thing you have to be mindful of to your point, restaurants are extremely understaffed because they can't afford $15 an hour.

I grabbed lunch at Jakes in Frisco last week and they had their entire back room closed off and there was a 45-60 minute wait. The GM of the Frisco location came to me, the wife and kids and apologized about the wait and gave us a coupon to come back.

I asked what the issue was and the poor bastard almost started crying saying "we can't hire anyone, dozens of interviews are set up and then they don't show up when I would literally hire them on the spot."

Everywhere I've been in the last few weeks have been 100% open or under staffed. I took my wife to the Rangers vs Astros game Friday night and no one but vendors were wearing masks. You might see a one off, but no one gives a fuck anymore and I love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom