Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What have you personally "canceled"?

Nas

Poster
Nike. Still tough as they have the best shoes, socks, dri fit stuff. When they went with the Kaep stuff that was the end of it. Kids are always in Under Armour stuff now.

Wont quit the NFL. Fuck them, but football is a huge part of growing up here and I wont let them take that away.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
One thing you have to be mindful of to your point, restaurants are extremely understaffed because they can't afford $15 an hour.

I grabbed lunch at Jakes in Frisco last week and they had their entire back room closed off and there was a 45-60 minute wait. The GM of the Frisco location came to me, the wife and kids and apologized about the wait and gave us a coupon to come back.

I asked what the issue was and the poor bastard almost started crying saying "we can't hire anyone, dozens of interviews are set up and then they don't show up when I would literally hire them on the spot."

Everywhere I've been in the last few weeks have been 100% open or under staffed. I took my wife to the Rangers vs Astros game Friday night and no one but vendors were wearing masks. You might see a one off, but no one gives a fuck anymore and I love it.
I see Help Wanted signs everywhere. Hopefully, this trend eases given Abbott has stopped giving out the extra $300-600 per week. If blue states want to continue this idiocy, then maybe some of the recent intruders go back home.

Several weeks ago I had to go to the Tax Office to renew something. Brand new multi-million dollar building for John Wiley Price. Tax Office is huge with 12 teller stations and all electronic. Several hundred seats in waiting area. 1/2 had "X's" on them and only about 10% of the other seats occupied. The line was out the door around a corner and almost outside, yet, they were prohibiting people from sitting.

And they have at least 20 electric car charging stations in the parking lot.

ch13ba

Poster
NBA, MLB, and Coke.

I’m so tired of this shit that me ‘canceling’ those things happened naturally. I don’t feel like I sacrificed anything. I watched one quarter of one NBA game this year and I heard Mark Jones drivel on about what a historic day it was for America to stand against racism when Biden was inaugurated.

I turned the channel and that was it. I’m not going to watch a game and listen to some dipshit inundate me with extremist political rhetoric.

As soon as MLB moved the all star game I was done with them too. If they want to play politics than that’s fine, but they’ll be moving forward without me. And this is coming from someone that used to watch 100 + Tigers games per year and attend 4 or 5.

The Tigers and Pistons may as well relocate to China for all I care. I won’t miss them a bit.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Stopped at a Burger King on Saturday since it was the only place I saw in the area and I wanted to get something in my stomach before drinking at friend's house. They still won't allow indoor dining in a county with few restrictions. No soft drink self-service machines open and no condiment tubs. Saw signs everywhere saying, "The King has spoken" or some similar shit on everything they have cordoned off.

ch13ba

Poster
Stopped at a Burger King on Saturday since it was the only place I saw in the area and I wanted to get something in my stomach before drinking at friend's house. They still won't allow indoor dining in a county with few restrictions. No soft drink self-service machines open and no condiment tubs. Saw signs everywhere saying, "The King has spoken" or some similar shit on everything they have cordoned off.
They probably only have enough help to run the drive through.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
They probably only have enough help to run the drive through.
They had 4 people when I was there and it took them forever to take my order. I should have left--down the road were other options but it was in a town I rarely go to. Oh, I hate drive thru as I don't like eating in my car or it's cold or soggy when I get home. This was take-out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom