Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Well this is interesting

racernhra

Elite
Founder
I’m in Kansas and we had cattle at one time. A lot of big feed lots are in western Kansas and there is no way all those cattle died because of the heat. It’s been upper 90’s which is hotter than usual for this time of year but it is always this hot in July and August. So, this heat isn’t abnormal.

I’d be testing the feed and the water.

TJHall1

Legendary
I’m in Kansas and we had cattle at one time. A lot of big feed lots are in western Kansas and there is no way all those cattle died because of the heat. It’s been upper 90’s which is hotter than usual for this time of year but it is always this hot in July and August. So, this heat isn’t abnormal.

Ya, I was just wondering how hot it had been down there. Even at 100+ during the day it would have to be absolutely unusually hot thru the nights to cause heat stress to kill all them. A very weird situation.

Thought maybe you guys might have had some 105-110 shit going on.

One thing that does get to livestock is not enough time to acclimate when a heat wave goes thru in the late spring/early summer, but beings it's halfway thru June and the Midwest has dealt with high temps that's pretty far fetched.

racernhra

Elite
Founder
Ya, I was just wondering how hot it had been down there. Even at 100+ during the day it would have to be absolutely unusually hot thru the nights to cause heat stress to kill all them. A very weird situation.

Thought maybe you guys might have had some 105-110 shit going on.

One thing that does get to livestock is not enough time to acclimate when a heat wave goes thru in the late spring/early summer, but beings it's halfway thru June and the Midwest has dealt with high temps that's pretty far fetched.
Not bad at nights at all. Not sure where this happened but Liberal, KS is in SW KS.
FA752640-F68C-4D71-A385-E69F2B30FB0B.jpeg

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Why would the rancher do it??? So he could lose thousands and thousands of dollars???

ETA: wouldn't the farmer being up to no good be nefarious???

You can get drought and fire insurance on cattle. A rancher in Utah poisoned his cattle to get the insurance years ago claiming drought. So this could be fraud. Could be.

TJHall1

Legendary
You can get drought and fire insurance on cattle. A rancher in Utah poisoned his cattle to get the insurance years ago claiming drought. So this could be fraud. Could be.
You'd have to be a fucking retard to do this. I know you haven't thought this thru, like most things. Beef is at an all time high. You're not gonna get your insurance to pay you what you'd actually get. Not to mention the thousands of dollars you're wasting to have to clean up all these dead cows and rid of them instead of loading them in a semi.

You don't do a whole lot of thinking do you?

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
You'd have to be a fucking retard to do this. I know you haven't thought this thru, like most things. Beef is at an all time high. You're not gonna get your insurance to pay you what you'd actually get. Not to mention the thousands of dollars you're wasting to have to clean up all these dead cows and rid of them instead of loading them in a semi.

I grew up in the industry. You’re just an ignorant ass showing your ass. It’s been done and I said could be. It would depend on the price the rancher insured them at.

You stupid enough to believe it was drought?

TJHall1

Legendary
I grew up in the industry. You’re just an ignorant ass showing your ass. It’s been done and I said could be. It would depend on the price the rancher insured them at.

Hahahaha.

When did drought come into play??? You're the first one brining that in. Not a single person has mentioned drought.

Are you ok?

TJHall1

Legendary

If you grew up in the industry you'd realize an insurance scam would lose you a shit ton of money right now. You fuckin moron.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
So what's you're reasoning for insurance?? This will be great.

I’m not the one potentially committing fraud so I don’t know. I just said “could be” and you went stupid.

But I’m gonna go ahead and take some advice.

"Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

When you argue with a fool, he’s doing the same thing. If you’ve ever tried to reason with an irrational person, you know that fools have no interest in letting reason in, they just want to get their cynicism and ignorance out.

The Bible cautions that fools delight in belittling anyone who tries to reason with them by stating that, “Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults” (Proverbs 9:7).

In other words, you set out on a fool’s errand when you insist on talking sense to someone whom you know resists being reasoned with.

By engaging with the fool in his argument of ignorance or manipulation, you’ll eventually be drawn into stooping to the mocker’s level and behaving foolishly yourself. Therefore, do yourself a favor and pity the fool but avoid the pointless argument.

You may become like the company you keep. It’s for good reason that the Bible warns us that bad company corrupts good character” (1 Corinthians 15:33).

In urging us to be mindful of the company we keep, Scripture gives us fair warning that we’ll suffer harm in the company of fools sooner or later.

One way that associating with mockers can harm you is that, over time, your behavior may start to fall in line with theirs. If you think this can’t happen to you, consider if you’ve already been in a situation where a foolish friend’s behavior caused you to act against your better judgment physically, emotionally, financially, and/or spiritually.

Due to how easy it is to start acting like the people around you, it’s best to steer clear of fools and surround yourself with levelheaded people so that you too may grow in wisdom instead of regrets (Proverbs 13:20).

TJHall1

Legendary
I’m not the one potentially committing fraud so I don’t know. I just said “could be” and you went stupid.

But I’m gonna go ahead and take some advice.

"Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

When you argue with a fool, he’s doing the same thing. If you’ve ever tried to reason with an irrational person, you know that fools have no interest in letting reason in, they just want to get their cynicism and ignorance out.

The Bible cautions that fools delight in belittling anyone who tries to reason with them by stating that, “Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults” (Proverbs 9:7).

In other words, you set out on a fool’s errand when you insist on talking sense to someone whom you know resists being reasoned with.

By engaging with the fool in his argument of ignorance or manipulation, you’ll eventually be drawn into stooping to the mocker’s level and behaving foolishly yourself. Therefore, do yourself a favor and pity the fool but avoid the pointless argument.

You may become like the company you keep. It’s for good reason that the Bible warns us that bad company corrupts good character” (1 Corinthians 15:33).

In urging us to be mindful of the company we keep, Scripture gives us fair warning that we’ll suffer harm in the company of fools sooner or later.

One way that associating with mockers can harm you is that, over time, your behavior may start to fall in line with theirs. If you think this can’t happen to you, consider if you’ve already been in a situation where a foolish friend’s behavior caused you to act against your better judgment physically, emotionally, financially, and/or spiritually.

Due to how easy it is to start acting like the people around you, it’s best to steer clear of fools and surround yourself with levelheaded people so that you too may grow in wisdom instead of regrets (Proverbs 13:20).
When you can't answer the questions copy and paste some bullshit

- @AmericanViking

TJHall1

Legendary
Let’s start over.

It’s either sabotage by PETA or the rancher is an idiot
Lol! You've lost me even further. Peta....like the peta that fights for animal rights??? Are you suggesting an animal rights group murdered 3000 head of cattle?? Like to help their cause?

Or the rancher is an idiot? What makes said rancher an idiot?

I swear there are some fucking retards on here, but some posts never cease to amaze me.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
What's going on itt?

a2d4F2L.gif

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder

I’m 80 miles from Ulysses and feedlots out here have water systems in place to keep cattle cool in hot weather.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder

Its there land they can kill as many as they want.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom