Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Well this is interesting

Mahozzle

Elite
Founder
From a rancher buddy of mine

“Kansas cattle feeders are saying those cows all died from heat. Evidently they had a major swing in the heat index in a 12 hour time and the fat cattle couldn’t handle it. Really sucks. Too bad they didn’t have the facilities to cool them down in time but nothing can be done now.
I think it was going from mild to extreme overnight that did it. Cows don’t sweat so in the wild they get in water and cut back on what they eat to cool off. Those feeder cattle had been packing it in for days and couldn’t go for a swim. All that feed gives off a lot of heat in their rumen. Pow. Tits up.”

Probably nothing but a little mismanagement was his assessment!

“Kansas cattle feeders are saying those cows all died from heat. Evidently they had a major swing in the heat index in a 12 hour time and the fat cattle couldn’t handle it. Really sucks. Too bad they didn’t have the facilities to cool them down in time but nothing can be done now.
I think it was going from mild to extreme overnight that did it. Cows don’t sweat so in the wild they get in water and cut back on what they eat to cool off. Those feeder cattle had been packing it in for days and couldn’t go for a swim. All that feed gives off a lot of heat in their rumen. Pow. Tits up.”

Probably correct

t_money86

Legendary
Founder

I'd go along with this if there weren't 100 incidents over the past 2 years of food processing plants catching fire and millions of chickens, turkeys and eggs destroyed. All to go along with the lunatic globalists that have been screaming eating meat is bad for the environment etc etc. But alas, all I wrote has happened therefore...

I'd go along with this if there weren't 100 incidents over the past 2 years of food processing plants catching fire and millions of chickens, turkeys and eggs destroyed. All to go along with the lunatic globalists that have been screaming eating meat is bad for the environment etc etc. But alas, all I wrote has happened therefore...
Don’t worry a couple thousand cattle isn’t going to create a food shortage.

Are those plants back up and running or did those companies close up shop? I’d imagine they are back up and running since there isn’t widespread food shortages here in the US but I’m open to reading some links.

Last edited:
Top Bottom