Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ukraine Conflict

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
A whole lot of copium & narrative change going on as we enter week three of the counter offensive. As far as I can tell thus far the UKR has managed to capture about 8 villages & some fields and have yet to reach the actual first line of defense. Maybe these are continued "probing attacks", maybe there is a massive push behind this coming, but even that narrative is beginning to change.

Does UKR now risk sending a huge push? If they do and it's unsuccessful with heavy losses they risk the entire country at this point using up a potential defense with which they could negotiate with. I don''t know, maybe there's a lot more coming but I still find it sad that the West will not at least attempt negotiations at the cost of this slaughter.

Goldhedge

Legendary

Wannabe dictator. Austin, marathon not sprint. Swiss Leopards. Ursula tours Latin America. U/1​

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
THE PEACE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN

New evidence is emerging that a peace deal was achievable at the beginning of the war. At a recent meeting with the African delegation, Putin showed the draft of an outline or preliminary agreement signed by the Ukrainian delegation at Istanbul in April 2022. It provided that Russia would pull back to pre-war lines if Ukraine would agree not to join NATO (but Ukraine could receive security guarantees from the West).

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Russia has issued a fresh warning amid new accusations that Kiev is planning major missile attacks on Russian-controlled Crimea.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Tuesday that Ukrainian forces are plotting attacks with HIMARS long-range artillery systems and Storm Shadow missiles against the Crimean peninsula. Crucially Shoigu said that this would mean full-scale involvement of the United States and Britain in the war, given their military systems would be utilized.

https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/sevastfle.jpeg?itok=Ur3OFMI0
Wiki Commons
The defense chief said "immediate retaliation" would follow, while underscoring that Russia's retaliation would be felt directly against HQs within Ukraine.

"The leadership of Ukraine's armed forces plans to strike Russian territory, including Crimea, with HIMARS and Storm Shadow missiles," Shoigu said in a military briefing of top officials.

"The use of these missiles outside the zone of the special military operation will mean the United States and Great Britain's full involvement in the conflict and will entail immediate strikes on decision-making centers in Ukraine," Shoigu asserted.

The warning comes amid reports of widespread overnight Russian air attacks on Ukrainian cities, but Reuters is saying there were no casualties, and primarily telecommunication infrastructure and agriculture and farming properties were hit.

Ukraine's military command is claiming its air defense systems successfully intercepted 28 out of 30 Iranian-made Shahed drones launched by Russia.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Russia has issued a fresh warning amid new accusations that Kiev is planning major missile attacks on Russian-controlled Crimea.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Tuesday that Ukrainian forces are plotting attacks with HIMARS long-range artillery systems and Storm Shadow missiles against the Crimean peninsula. Crucially Shoigu said that this would mean full-scale involvement of the United States and Britain in the war, given their military systems would be utilized.

https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/sevastfle.jpeg?itok=Ur3OFMI0
Wiki Commons
The defense chief said "immediate retaliation" would follow, while underscoring that Russia's retaliation would be felt directly against HQs within Ukraine.

"The leadership of Ukraine's armed forces plans to strike Russian territory, including Crimea, with HIMARS and Storm Shadow missiles," Shoigu said in a military briefing of top officials.

"The use of these missiles outside the zone of the special military operation will mean the United States and Great Britain's full involvement in the conflict and will entail immediate strikes on decision-making centers in Ukraine," Shoigu asserted.

The warning comes amid reports of widespread overnight Russian air attacks on Ukrainian cities, but Reuters is saying there were no casualties, and primarily telecommunication infrastructure and agriculture and farming properties were hit.

Ukraine's military command is claiming its air defense systems successfully intercepted 28 out of 30 Iranian-made Shahed drones launched by Russia.

Too many idiots in places of power. If nukes get launched they won't even say "oops". They'll just roll right on to more escalation.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder

Really what is Russia going to do? We'd defeat that shit military within hours. Their only option is nuclear, and I don't think their orders to fire would be followed after watching this debacle unfold.

Our retaliation for a nuclear engagement is to strike Putin. It's suicide for him to do something like that. We know where he is at all times.

Pretty simple solution, if you don't want your territory attacked, don't fight wars. Excuse me, "special military operations".

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Really what is Russia going to do? We'd defeat that shit military within hours. Their only option is nuclear, and I don't think their orders to fire would be followed after watching this debacle unfold.

Our retaliation for a nuclear engagement is to strike Putin. It's suicide for him to do something like that. We know where he is at all times.

Pretty simple solution, if you don't want your territory attacked, don't fight wars. Excuse me, "special military operations".
So you think Alqaeda had the right to attack our territory since we were starting wars in the ME?

Goldhedge

Legendary

Just curious if you know why, since the 2014 election (aka US led coup) in Ukraine was fair and just?

If so, why has the west bombed the Donbas (east) since 2014?

13K+ civilians killed - which is a war crime btw....

grimm515

Elite
Founder

NATO can't defeat Russia. They don't have the logistics or the grit for a full scale war. That includes the US. Our soldiers are more worried about their pronouns.

Jtrain80

Legendary
NATO can't defeat Russia. They don't have the logistics or the grit for a full scale war. That includes the US. Our soldiers are more worried about their pronouns.

When we are ready to empty out prisons for cannon fodder, then we are determined to win a war.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
When we are ready to empty out prisons for cannon fodder, then we are determined to win a war.
Unfortunately we have some people in this country that are determined to fight this war and China despite the facts on the ground. While a lot of ukr flags are in bios none of those people will do anything to actually fight that war. Its like with immigration... they were all for it until governors started shipping them to their towns. Now its an uproar.

The real question is... are we going to start a war that we have no will to finish???? just like in korea, vietnam, iraq, afghan, iraq again.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder

We'd have air superiority within hours. Total annihilation. 1000 to 1 casualty ratio. We'd work them faster than Iraq.

Russia is a shell of themselves. It took Russia a year to move 5km. Ukraine has moved 8km in less than 3 weeks.

Russia came to the table and agreed to restore pre war boundaries to cease hostilities. We said no. We are going to drain Russia using Ukraine. We're going to give Ukraine whatever they need. NATO will amend the criteria for joining, admit Ukraine, and join the fight if necessary. We'll pull a Gulf of Tonkin if that's what it takes.

Who started this and the politics behind it are irrelevant. The human cost is irrelevant.

The only thing that can stop this is the 2024 election. Considering the last election results you may as well just accept reality at this point. This is a fight to the death.

grimm515

Elite
Founder
We'd have air superiority within hours. Total annihilation. 1000 to 1 casualty ratio. We'd work them faster than Iraq.

Russia is a shell of themselves. It took Russia a year to move 5km. Ukraine has moved 8km in less than 3 weeks.

Russia came to the table and agreed to restore pre war boundaries to cease hostilities. We said no. We are going to drain Russia using Ukraine. We're going to give Ukraine whatever they need. NATO will amend the criteria for joining, admit Ukraine, and join the fight if necessary. We'll pull a Gulf of Tonkin if that's what it takes.

Who started this and the politics behind it are irrelevant. The human cost is irrelevant.

The only thing that can stop this is the 2024 election. Considering the last election results you may as well just accept reality at this point. This is a fight to the death.
The US cannot defeat Russia, with China's support, in a land war. The Nazi war machine was way more powerful for it's time than the US military. If five million Germans could defeat Russia (USSR), neither can the US.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
The US cannot defeat Russia, with China's support, in a land war. The Nazi war machine was way more powerful for it's time than the US military. If five million Germans could defeat Russia (USSR), neither can the US.

You are literally too stupid to insult.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary

Some random thoughts on this:

None of this is as black & white as many try to make it.

Yes, if NATO/US could get away with it (not incur a nuclear reaction against Ukraine) we could have air superiority in a matter of days, destroy most defenses in occupied areas & western Russia within a few weeks, & then have Ukr forces move to retake the entire occupied region in a matter of a few months. But that's a hell of risk and I pray we aren't arrogant/stupid enough to do it.

The idea of actually taking Russia, as in physically possessing it is absurd and I think that's @grimm515 s point. It would be just about as absurd as someone trying to take the US or China in a physical manner. It's just not going to happen without global destruction.

Russia has proven itself to not be near the threat nor have near the capabilities we've all been sold for decades. Should give us some pause once again as to why we accept certain illusions that lead to trillions upon trillions dumped into black holes against the great threat.

Ukraine hasn't moved the front 8km. They may have had some probes that made it that deep, but thus far the counteroffensive has taken a few villages & some fields. Most of those areas are still back & forth on a daily basis. They haven't even reached the first main defense lines in occupied areas. Thus far the tit for tat continues with pushes here and pushes back there. Missile & drone strikes behind each others lines daily. While Ukr appears to have air defenses to cover the western half of the country they don't appear to have it in enough numbers along the front to adequately protect their ground forces as they try to move forward. Maybe all of that changes going forward, but thus far it hasn't.

You can't take the politics out of it & it's not an "all or nothing" war. If that's the case why does Ukraine still have Russian pipelines running through its country collecting royalties from the very country that's trying to take it. Why does the West continue purchasing Russian oil via proxies such as India/Turkey? Why are Russian agriculture products still moving throughout the globe, etc etc?

Just rambling.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Ukr had 2 huge ammo depots destroyed weeks ago. They just lost another big one this week. They were already low on ammo. Ukr probably doesn't have the ammo, rockets, shells to continue this offensive at this point. The US has said they would increase artillery shell production by 500%.... in 2 years.

Rus is firing 40,000 to 60000 shells and rockets per day. Ukr is firing 3000 to 5000 per day. Ukr has no air support at all. Rus at least has sporadic air support and it appears that Ukr is running low on air defense. It's math. Ukr would need to hold out for 2 years and Rus would need to have a few more just absolute blunders for this to be a Ukr win.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
Ukraine hasn't moved the front 8km.

They've penetrated 8km for sure. The battlefield map doesn't update unless there is confirmed geolocated footage or both sides admit to the change. It's not a significant change but it's the most movement we've seen in a year.

We are pushing Ukraine to move faster. They told us to fuck off. I think the dam threw a wrench into Ukraine's offensive. I think they're looking to take Crimea. The fortifications in that area aren't nearly as strong as further North. Smart move by Russia to blow the dam, but the ground is drying now and Russia has moved a bunch of troops from that area to other portions of the front line.

Ukraine attacks, takes a small village or tree line, then Russia counters before Ukraine can build defenses. Ukraine is adjusting to this tactic and the result is they have to go slower to minimize casualties. I think it's comical we expect them to move faster considering they don't control the skies.

Both sides are claiming the other is running low on ammunition. Both sides are putting out bullshit information. No way to know the truth at this point.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
76% of 17 and 18 year olds in America are too obese or have a medical condition precluding them from military service. We don't need to be fighting anyone right now.

Do you think we need 17/18 year olds to defeat Russia?

Also it looks like Russia is about to fight a civil war. Or a special civil military operation if you're Putin. Prigozhin and Wagner have gone off the rails apparently.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
So you're ok with lying and cheating, as long as it's DC who does it?

Ok, with that attitude, you and your loved ones should go first.

I never said I agreed with any of that. I'm just telling you what's going to happen if Russia doesn't back out.

I've done my time. You think I want Americans fighting in Ukraine or Russia? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'm surprised no one is posting updates about what's going on in Russia. Probably because there's an internet blackout in Russia right now. 🤣

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
There's a lot of people ignorantly cheering on our gov's actions that will lead to exactly that.
Yep. It would be like me saying "hey man. I don't want to fight you. I just want to keep pinching your wifes nipples and smacking her ass"...

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
I never said I agreed with any of that. I'm just telling you what's going to happen if Russia doesn't back out.

I've done my time. You think I want Americans fighting in Ukraine or Russia? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'm surprised no one is posting updates about what's going on in Russia. Probably because there's an internet blackout in Russia right now. 🤣
What’s going on now is one of the most interesting political/military events I’ve ever seen.

Emma tenywa

Elite
My personal views on the issue of aerial superiority,
I think it wouldn't be as easy as some of you are pointing out, or as it was in iraq. Do not be blinded by the iraq success. Here we are talking about a military super power, am not saying it's impossible, but am saying it may be more costly and may even fail. They may be getting embarrassed right now but embarrassments always happen and this one is majorly being done by west not by the Ukrainian army that nearly fell in the first month of the war. even the US was embarrassed by a far more weaker vietnam army at one time. For an effective aerial superiority, you first of all need air cover for some planes both from the ground and from the air. Against Russia, that maybe easier said than done. They have some good aerial defenses, some are even rumored to be better than those in the west. So i would like to think that as the US moves air defense batteries and complexes Russia will be watching and doing the same. Now think of the after effects. Also after that direct engagement, will the US still be seen as lesser evil by the world, or a fully unmasked devil who's ready to risk total annihilation of earth, just to achieve their goal

I stand to be corrected,

Latest posts

Top Bottom