Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tri tip tonight boys, first one (I tried to cook one like a brisket a few months back and it sucked).

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
I had been seeing a lot of people cooking their tritips like briskets, never made sense to me. Thanks for providing honest feedback on how bad it was.

This one is muuuuch more like it. How did you cook it?

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
I had been seeing a lot of people cooking their tritips like briskets, never made sense to me. Thanks for providing honest feedback on how bad it was.

This one is muuuuch more like it. How did you cook it?
It wasn’t terrible terrible but it’s not as good as brisket so why bother. This was so much more tender than a regular sirloin

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
It wasn’t terrible terrible but it’s not as good as brisket so why bother. This was so much more tender than a regular sirloin
I like tri-tip cooked the way you did it, roast it to medium rare or medium. I like to slice it thin and make sandwiches. I never could grok the trend of cooking them low and slow to 200 degrees like a brisket. There's hardly any fat or connective tissue to render into collagen

Top Bottom