Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Texas and Oklahoma officially notify Big 12 they will be leaving conference

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
So is this a 100% leave the conference? Seems to me they just wont be renewing their media rights but that doesnt mean that they could not be renewed.

I guess my questions is what are the odds that this gets done? I heard something about the Texas legislature objecting to it?

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
So is this a 100% leave the conference? Seems to me they just wont be renewing their media rights but that doesnt mean that they could not be renewed.

I guess my questions is what are the odds that this gets done? I heard something about the Texas legislature objecting to it?
C4E39CA1-B139-423D-847D-2ABF8F82BB6E.jpeg

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Sweet. Would be pretty awesome. Do we think it will take a couple years to happen, or is there any chance this is in place for next year?
I’m eager to hear the latest. Thursday night on Sportscenter with Scott Van Pelt, the Yahoo Sports College Football analyst said the earliest they could join the SEC is start of 2022 season.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Another thought / discussion - Does the SEC become so powerful that the NCAA is no longer relevant?

Lets just say Texas / OK join and then for shits an giggles say CLEM / FSU and ND all joined the SEC forming a super conference (its a super conference w/o them. For the sake of discussion ..)Does anyone care what the NCAA says at that point?

Top Bottom