Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Hut Hut gets 12 team playoff starting in 2026

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
Finally

Possibly 2024.

The College Football Playoff's Board of Managers voted on Friday to expand the CFP to 12 teams in 2026, but is encouraging the sport's commissioners to try to implement it as soon as 2024, multiple sources told ESPN.

The 11 presidents and chancellors who comprise the CFP's Board of Managers approved the original 12-team model, which is the six highest-ranked conference champions, and six at-large teams.

The 10 FBS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick will meet next week in Dallas to figure out the details.

An FBS commissioner told ESPN, "We have work to do, but will try and make it happen soon."

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Finally

Possibly 2024.

The College Football Playoff's Board of Managers voted on Friday to expand the CFP to 12 teams in 2026, but is encouraging the sport's commissioners to try to implement it as soon as 2024, multiple sources told ESPN.

The 11 presidents and chancellors who comprise the CFP's Board of Managers approved the original 12-team model, which is the six highest-ranked conference champions, and six at-large teams.

The 10 FBS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick will meet next week in Dallas to figure out the details.

An FBS commissioner told ESPN, "We have work to do, but will try and make it happen soon."

Tennessee is still not going to make the CFP under that scenario in the next 30 years.

Maybe if it was a 64 team playoff like basketball.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
Tennessee is still not going to make the CFP under that scenario in the next 30 years.

Maybe if it was a 64 team playoff like basketball.

Damn I'm out here catching strays.

If Nico is as good as advertised we might be able to slide into a spot. 10 wins with 2 close losses to UGA/Bama realistically sounds like a playoff team to me.

We'll see though. It sounds like the conference championships are for a first round bye now. More games, more injuries, more opportunities. I thought that's how it played out last year. The best team didn't win, the one that was healthier did.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
Damn I'm out here catching strays.

If Nico is as good as advertised we might be able to slide into a spot. 10 wins with 2 close losses to UGA/Bama realistically sounds like a playoff team to me.

We'll see though. It sounds like the conference championships are for a first round bye now. More games, more injuries, more opportunities. I thought that's how it played out last year. The best team didn't win, the one that was healthier did.
Lol dude, you act like Tennessee can even beat Florida.

Please remind me of your record against Florida since 1990... Ahhh fuck it, since 1953.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
Lol dude, you act like Tennessee can even beat Florida.

Please remind me of your record against Florida since 1990... Ahhh fuck it, since 1953.

Before Spurrier (coach) Florida was Mizzou level. I don't even think Florida started going to bowl games regularly until the 70s. We have almost 10 more bowl appearances than UF. And we've been straight ass for 15 years with a stretch of being straight ass in the 60s/70s. We didn't start playing regularly until 1990. If the series was continuous since the start of the SEC we'd still have the series lead.

I'm not confident in the game by any means but I certainly don't fear UF. That's an average program rn, bottom line. I wouldn't be worried about Tennessee, I'd be worried about the ass whooping that was coming my way Saturday if I were you.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
Before Spurrier (coach) Florida was Mizzou level. I don't even think Florida started going to bowl games regularly until the 70s. We have almost 10 more bowl appearances than UF. And we've been straight ass for 15 years with a stretch of being straight ass in the 60s/70s. We didn't start playing regularly until 1990. If the series was continuous since the start of the SEC we'd still have the series lead.

I'm not confident in the game by any means but I certainly don't fear UF. That's an average program rn, bottom line. I wouldn't be worried about Tennessee, I'd be worried about the ass whooping that was coming my way Saturday if I were you.
😂 Ok Vols, even if your best argument is Spurrier. Which shows your intelligence before you answer, just answer the question. What's your record against Florida since 1953?

If you really want to talk about an irrelevant program. Look no further than the mirror. Lol

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
😂 Ok Vols, even if your best argument is Spurrier. Which shows your intelligence before you answer, just answer the question. What's your record against Florida since 1953?

If you really want to talk about an irrelevant program. Look no further than the mirror. Lol

I like how you selectively pick the year, like the games between 1916 and 53 didn't happen. Again, they didn't play regularly until 1990. Florida didn't even catch Neyland's best seasons.

Like I said, if we played every year since the inception of the SEC, we still have the series lead by double digits. Florida is the perfect example of new money that blew it and is once again a poor. If Tennessee is irrelevant Florida certainly is, might want to take your own mirror advice pal.

We're head and shoulders better in basketball and baseball. It's only a matter of time before football turns the same way. Florida's AD is run by a bunch of bums. We'll see what Florida looks like tomorrow. Shit will go south real fast if the Gators drop Utah and Tennessee. Napier was not a popular hire, the first sign of trouble y'all gonna jump ship fast af.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
I tried to get ahead of the last time you were successful against UF. It's been that long, and as far as programs are concerned. What the fuck has UTjr done since the 90's? I'll hang up and wait...

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Still? Its more important now. A lot more important!

Just saying that one of the greatest things about cfb has always been that every game is important. It has always been that losing just 1 game could, and likely would, keep you from a shot at the title. Not the case in the nfl, and why the regular season is less important there. Glad cfb seems to be keeping that going. No other sport has so much riding on every single regular season game. I'm happy that hasn't changed.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
That wasn't impressive, but ok good game. Whoo hoo 2-18 in like twenty years. I know it's you hillbillies super bowl.

Get used to it. Sun Belt Billy is fucked. This is essentially the same roster that went 3-7 two years ago with Hendon Hooker and a few additional transfers.

Basketball = Vols
Baseball = Vols
Now Football= Vols

Honestly this isn't a rivalry right now. I was nice to UF fans Saturday, I sort of felt sorry for them. UF's AD seems like it's completely fucked right now, like Tennessee circa 15 years ago. But you can tout yesteryear and say "wait til next year" all day long. It doesn't work. Trust me on that one.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
Get used to it. Sun Belt Billy is fucked. This is essentially the same roster that went 3-7 two years ago with Hendon Hooker and a few additional transfers.

Basketball = Vols
Baseball = Vols
Now Football= Vols

Honestly this isn't a rivalry right now. I was nice to UF fans Saturday, I sort of felt sorry for them. UF's AD seems like it's completely fucked right now, like Tennessee circa 15 years ago. But you can tout yesteryear and say "wait til next year" all day long. It doesn't work. Trust me on that one.
Holy shit, you're a fucking weirdo.

Top Bottom