Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Texas and Oklahoma want to join the SEC??

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
I buy that, we are definitely me first and always have been and always will be, but that’s not enough of a reason for any of those schools to vote no besides the Aggies considering what we bring to the table
Umm were you around when Tejas whined about atm and Mizzou leaving they forbad ku and Texas from playing each other in football.. that was minor compared to saying they were bolting for the pac 10 and broke up the big 12.
I hope Mizzou votes no, along with atm, most likely Bama.. only need one more school,
Lololol we are a global brand and the Aggies are a regional pack of tambourine shaking weirdos and you know it

Longhorn Network is half the reason this deal is happening. ESPN wants to keep it all in house and pump the SEC

I’m sorry your feelings have been so badly hurt
Think again. When ATM entered the league everyone I knew in the SEC referred to them as Texas. When I tried to correct I would get a whatever response. At this point I knew Texas fooked up and has a brand issue,

Expect this to drop when the BIG12 contracts end… whatever happened to the longhorns should just be independent and do not need a league?

Lastly.. so let me guess if the longhorns get in the SEC they’re going to demand the SEC championship game be moved to Jerry’s world? Lol you all sacked two leagues, hopefully he virus isn’t allowed in the SEC

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Umm were you around when Tejas whined about atm and Mizzou leaving they forbad ku and Texas from playing each other in football.. that was minor compared to saying they were bolting for the pac 10 and broke up the big 12.
I hope Mizzou votes no, along with atm, most likely Bama.. only need one more school,

Think again. When ATM entered the league everyone I knew in the SEC referred to them as Texas. When I tried to correct I would get a whatever response. At this point I knew Texas fooked up and has a brand issue,

Expect this to drop when the BIG12 contracts end… whatever happened to the longhorns should just be independent and do not need a league?

Lastly.. so let me guess if the longhorns get in the SEC they’re going to demand the SEC championship game be moved to Jerry’s world? Lol you all sacked two leagues, hopefully he virus isn’t allowed in the SEC
None of the schools will vote against their economic interests. No one has provided any good reason otherwise except for X’s and O’s And playoff seeding when those are not, have never, and will never be the prioritized point in realignment talks. Anything you provide here will be emotional reasoning

Impressively, all 4 stanzas of your post contain straw men that I never said, never agreed with, and total non starters with me based on their irrelevance. Your take on our brand is high comedy I did spit food out

TTUcamper

Elite
I was honestly hoping UT would start their own conference, boot out TCU and Baylor then take a decent clip from the Pac and maybe NU from the Big10. It annoys me how much power and money UT has but how short sighted they always are. most of us saw the writing on the wall how pointless the longhorn network was and that nobody was going to watch it. It seems like UT always chases now money instead of securing it's longterm. personally I'm not sure UT can compete any better in the SEC than aTm, maybe but they've always under performed compared to the budget they have.

I also have a pretty big in at the TTU basketball program. I'd be shocked if Beard has the same impact at UT that he had at TTU. Mark Adams controlled the subs and ran the defense and Sean Sutton usually came up with the game plans for opposing teams, he lost the brain aspect of his operation and it seems he replaced them all with ace recruiters that he shouldn't even need at UT. Should be interesting to watch.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
None of the schools will vote against their economic interests. No one has provided any good reason otherwise except for X’s and O’s And playoff seeding when those are not, have never, and will never be the prioritized point in realignment talks. Anything you provide here will be emotional reasoning

Impressively, all 4 stanzas of your post contain straw men that I never said, never agreed with, and total non starters with me based on their irrelevance. Your take on our brand is high comedy I did spit food out
I’ve decided to take it easy on you.. you can dismiss these by saying straw men, etc. instead of taking this personally, you can use critical thinking and realize the post is based on probabilities and generalizations which are based on fact. You might be the outlier in now viewing how UT will be destructive, but the facts are the facts. They’re going to push for the SEC championship in Jerry’s world.

I do agree with your economic argument,

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
I’ve decided to take it easy on you.. you can dismiss these by saying straw men, etc. instead of taking this personally, you can use critical thinking and realize the post is based on probabilities and generalizations which are based on fact. You might be the outlier in now viewing how UT will be destructive, but the facts are the facts. They’re going to push for the SEC championship in Jerry’s world.

I do agree with your economic argument,

Your second point was wholly a personal anecdote

Your third point is never a line of reasoning any Longhorn fan has had. We’ve never wanted our own conference. We have learned from history in seeing Notre Dames struggles

Your fourth point is by definition a straw man, I don’t GAF if it’s at Jerry’s but I’d prefer it in the Georgia Dome since it’s newer

Don’t think to dismiss me as someone who doesn’t read and carefully consider my adversaries points

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
I was honestly hoping UT would start their own conference, boot out TCU and Baylor then take a decent clip from the Pac and maybe NU from the Big10. It annoys me how much power and money UT has but how short sighted they always are. most of us saw the writing on the wall how pointless the longhorn network was and that nobody was going to watch it. It seems like UT always chases now money instead of securing it's longterm. personally I'm not sure UT can compete any better in the SEC than aTm, maybe but they've always under performed compared to the budget they have.

I also have a pretty big in at the TTU basketball program. I'd be shocked if Beard has the same impact at UT that he had at TTU. Mark Adams controlled the subs and ran the defense and Sean Sutton usually came up with the game plans for opposing teams, he lost the brain aspect of his operation and it seems he replaced them all with ace recruiters that he shouldn't even need at UT. Should be interesting to watch.
Our leadership in the LHN era was a lot different than now. Trump gave a lot of our big money guys a spine again and from Kevin Eltife down to the BOR there is alignment

….will we be competitive? I truly don’t know. As long as we have CRT in our schools and street agents all around with the NIL laws, I feel like we will just continue to point fingers and underachieve.

TTUcamper

Elite
Our leadership in the LHN era was a lot different than now. Trump gave a lot of our big money guys a spine again and from Kevin Eltife down to the BOR there is alignment

….will we be competitive? I truly don’t know. As long as we have CRT in our schools and street agents all around with the NIL laws, I feel like we will just continue to point fingers and underachieve.

There are a shitload of distractions at UT. No getting around it. For basketball I'm not even sure it's a better opportunity. It's insane what these kids deal with nowadays in d1 sports and then throw in all the craziness of being in Austin, having professors telling you that you are a victim and the boosters. It's got to be overwhelming for an eighteen years old.

Jmo. There is something good nowdays about playing sports in bfe Lubbock. The insulation is not a terrible aspect

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
There are a shitload of distractions at UT. No getting around it. For basketball I'm not even sure it's a better opportunity. It's insane what these kids deal with nowadays in d1 sports and then throw in all the craziness of being in Austin, having professors telling you that you are a victim and the boosters. It's got to be overwhelming for an eighteen years old.

Jmo. There is something good nowdays about playing sports in bfe Lubbock. The insulation is not a terrible aspect
There’s definitely guys who thrive in that environment in Lubbock… But Beard had his heart set on Texas long before he set foot in Lubbock. It wasn’t really even about y’all

Plus he’s about to get a brand new arena built for him and it’s the hottest city in the country. Now will he win here? Who know in the long run, but He’s put together the most amazing class ever of transfers already and we’re now preseason number 2 so we’ll see

Manbearpig

Poster
Read in the reports today y’all are about to leave K State to the curb no matter what happens which I thought would be an excellent call

not one conference wants ku. even the “ku was offered a spot in the big 10 years ago” bs was put to bed today from the ku rivals writer. They would be stuck like isu, kstate, osu etc.

TTUcamper

Elite
There’s definitely guys who thrive in that environment in Lubbock… But Beard had his heart set on Texas long before he set foot in Lubbock. It wasn’t really even about y’all

Plus he’s about to get a brand new arena built for him and it’s the hottest city in the country. Now will he win here? Who know in the long run, but He’s put together the most amazing class ever of transfers already and we’re now preseason number 2 so we’ll see

Our transfer class and what we are returning I'm just excited for everyone to roll the ball out, it's going to be nasty

TJHall1

Legendary

If by hottest you mean gayest then you nailed it.

TJHall1

Legendary
Do you have any other jokes than just homo and gay? You’re receding into your 14 year old mind from the alcohol sport, it’s boring
No, Austin Texas and Texas university is a bunch of faggots. Why would I make any other jokes? That city and university just hand out the faggot jokes.

TJHall1

Legendary
Put the bottle down and go to bed. You’ve been very belligerent in a lot of threads
You're belligerent in every thread thinking that Texas university is anything but the faggot capital of the world.

You link a bullshit tweet about being the most branded team in the country, yet you suck fucking balls, every single year. Hahahahahaha at least you're the homo capital of college campuses.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
All this will be for naught if inflation continues to soar and the economy crumbled. Disposable income used to buy tickets, merchandise and travel to games will be spent on living. TV networks will see their revenue slashed when nobody buys their advertisers products.

TTUcamper

Elite
Yes. Why does that matter?

they bought rivals and everyone who was worth a shit left.

Also getting news from Rivals reporters is about as accurate as any dipshit on twitter. The last time this went down the UT rivals guys basically spent the entire time destroying their credibility. after everything shook out it became obvious their information was all speculative bullshit and they had no idea what was actually going on.

Dawg88

Legendary
Founder
I can't speak to the other sites in the Rivals network, but the UGA Sports writers are excellent and have more hits than misses with their scoops.
Yep Radi the owner of the site is a good friend of mine. He said Texas and Oklahoma should join the SEC beginning in 2023. I think the other schools are speculation at this point

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
I’ve actually come around to this split of UT and Oklahoma. I hate aggy with the passion of 1000 suns so I’m glad this hurts them. I also think (THINK) I might actually be able to root for UT at the end of the day. I grew up in the Texas Hill Country so I was a UT fan until I made the decision to go to Tech as a junior in high school. I mean I sure as hell won’t be rooting for Bama, Georgia or LSU in the SEC.

Top Bottom