Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question for the parents of the board

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Do you have general philosophy or guiding principle(s) for your parenthood?

What about those 'parents' who are step parents?

Do you think your age or 'generation' made a difference in how you parented and did your views change over time?

Not a parent myself so can't contribute.

America 1st

Founder
Nah. I generally don’t tolerate pouting and always encourage them and let them know I love them. I let mom be the bad guy most of the time unless they have clearly stepped over the line.
What's your stance on what comes first in your life and for how long?

Do your kids come first forever? Before your wife?

SoonerMD09

Elite
My kid is the one who takes other kids toys in the playground. I cant be prouder that he's approaching life from a standpoint of ambition. That being said we try and teach him to ask for the toys he wants (mainly so the kid will like him and he can play with the Toy again).

Before I bust his balls for something I wait and see what the context of his irritating behaviour is. If hes being a shit, I let him have it, some of the time however, hes trying to help me but isnt very good at it. Its these opportunities work to encourage him.

We save our 'big no' and spanking for things that put himself in mortal danger.

America 1st

Founder
Make sure your kids know you love them and they will not always get their way.

Love your wife. Put her ahead of them. The kids will benefit tremendously.

Teach them to fear and love God. They will benefit the most
What does the Bible say about this specifically?

@AC2020

America 1st

Founder
Genesis 2:18
Ephesians 5:25
Matthew 19: 4-6
Mark 10: 6-9
Ecclesiastes 4:12

Remember, marriage came before the Fall. It was part of Gods perfect design. Children were not.
Appreciate the reading material. Enjoy your interpretation.

These weren't what I was looking for but appreciate your time in listing them as well.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder

Do you think your age or 'generation' made a difference in how you parented and did your views change over time?

Yes. Love, honesty, respect for others, and respect for themselves.

My husband comes first, as I do with him. Without us, they wouldn't exist. I believe our children seeing a strong marriage, even those times it's not particularly hearts and rainbows, is important.

Respect. I have always addressed my children as I expect them to address me and others. From the moment they were born, please, thank you, no ma'am, yes sir (etc) were what they heard. That's what knew as they learned to speak.

Never back down from standing up for yourself when it's important. And ALWAYS stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves. It's been interesting over the years how that differs with my girls and my boy. All of them do, just with different approaches. (And God help anybody who bullies or abuses any girl or anybody with special needs in my son's presence. Just go ahead and make your peace with God.)

Love: my love is unconditional. Liking them is another matter. They know the difference and that no matter how pissed I am over whatever, that's temporary. My love is not.

Honesty: don't lie. Ever. Full stop, no exception. Nothing is ever made better by lying.

I also let a lot of little things go that just aren't worth the fight in the grand scheme of things. I'm much less rigid than my parents were. I focus on the important things. We laugh...a lot. We enjoy being together.

And Sunday dinner is sacrosanct.

Edit: and yes, I spanked my kids... rarely, but I did.

The (now) funny instance...my son was 10ish?, Dad was out of town, Max was as big as I am (not a huge accomplishment 🤣) and thought that since we were the same size, he was now The Man. He lost his mind. Little shit yelled at me while trying to bow up and told me to sit down and leave him alone. HUGE mistake. I calmly walked to the kitchen and grabbed a wooden spoon (no need to hurt my hand while I wear his butt out), came back in front of him and full on lifted him and slammed him face down, ass up on the sofa and wore. him. out. Daddy got home a couple of days later. They had a father/son day. I've never asked exactly how that went, but I can guess.

Baby boy learned that no matter how big he thinks he is, mama will kick his ass. And then daddy will, too.

The most hilarious part? All of my wooden spoons disappeared. Gone. Every single one. I found one broken in half in the top of his closet 3 years later. I about peed my pants laughing. 🤣

Last edited:

AC2020

Elite
Founder
What does the Bible say about this specifically?

@AC2020
Ephesians 5 tells husband's to love their wives as Christ loved the church.

That's the highest love I can think of. Doesn't say anything like that regarding love for your children that I know of.

Funny, I've never thought of that question.

America 1st

Founder
Ephesians 5 tells husband's to love their wives as Christ loved the church.

That's the highest love I can think of. Doesn't say anything like that regarding love for your children that I know of.

Funny, I've never thought of that question.
Appreciate your time brother!

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Appreciate the reading material. Enjoy your interpretation.

These weren't what I was looking for but appreciate your time in listing them as well.
Quick pro tip here.

God established a perfect order in Genesis:

1 God
2A. Man
2b. Women
3. The rest of Creation.

The entire Fall occurred because that order was completely turned upside down, with the snake deceiving the woman, the woman leading the man astray and the man disavowing God.

Pretty much every terrible idea we see today, and really throughout history, has or is attempting to violate that natural order. Feminism, Critical Theory, Climate Change, Animal Rights, Marxism, Paganism, are attempting to violate that order that God established in the first 2 chapters of Genesis.

America 1st

Founder
Quick pro tip here.

God established a perfect order in Genesis:

1 God
2A. Man
2b. Women
3. The rest of Creation.

The entire Fall occurred because that order was completely turned upside down, with the snake deceiving the woman, the woman leading the man astray and the man disavowing God.

Pretty much every terrible idea we see today, and really throughout history, has or is attempting to violate that natural order. Feminism, Critical Theory, Climate Change, Animal Rights, Marxism, Paganism, are attempting to violate that order that God established in the first 2 chapters of Genesis.
Appreciate the perception and your time! 👍

My kid is the one who takes other kids toys in the playground. I cant be prouder that he's approaching life from a standpoint of ambition. That being said we try and teach him to ask for the toys he wants (mainly so the kid will like him and he can play with the Toy again).

Before I bust his balls for something I wait and see what the context of his irritating behaviour is. If hes being a shit, I let him have it, some of the time however, hes trying to help me but isnt very good at it. Its these opportunities work to encourage him.

We save our 'big no' and spanking for things that put himself in mortal danger.

the last sentence is why he probably takes others toys and does what he wants.

Tell_Sackett

Poster

We put God first, first and foremost, but I'll provide a simple non-biblical philosophy.

The wife/mother of my parents' dearest family friends whom we've known for nearly 60 years (longer than I've been around and I consider them my blood relatives) shared this wisdom around a campfire when I was around 11...it stuck with me.

"No two year old is going to dictate what I can or cannot do."

It applies to any age. And I've parented that way despite my wife's occasional objections. Our kids do not dictate things... they adapt to whatever we as a family want to do. It teaches them patience, compromise, and expands their horizons. It also makes family life easier for everyone in general.

America 1st

Founder
How do y'all balance the whole I chose to create them (they didn't choose to be created or to be born into that life) sorta thing?

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Mine is 10 months old and is the happiest little thing in the entire world. She goes around with a smile on her face and loves every person she encounters. It’s almost scary. Of she is crying she either shit herself or is hungry.

I appreciate the advice in this thread. It’s good to hear solid parental advice.

Enjoy every minute. The saying the days are long, the years are short is 100% truth.

Put down the phone. Play hooky from work. Play and spend time with just her. If you're working in the flowerbed or vacuuming the floor, let her help. She doesn't care what you are doing. She wants to do it with you.

If the laundry gets behind or the house gets messy? Guess what... that laundry and mess will be there in a few hours or tomorrow. In a few hours or tomorrow, you're little girl is going to be a little bit closer to being a teenager/adult.

Mine are 25, 22, 18 and 16. I'm 2 years away from all of my babies not being home. While I'm looking forward to that for them and me, at the same time...I miss my babies and little handprints all over the place. I miss the baby giggles that you can't help but laugh with. I miss the snuggles.

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder
Enjoy every minute. The saying the days are long, the years are short is 100% truth.

Put down the phone. Play hooky from work. Play and spend time with just her. If you're working in the flowerbed or vacuuming the floor, let her help. She doesn't care what you are doing. She wants to do it with you.

If the laundry gets behind or the house gets messy? Guess what... that laundry and mess will be there in a few hours or tomorrow. In a few hours or tomorrow, you're little girl is going to be a little bit closer to being a teenager/adult.

Mine are 25, 22, 18 and 16. I'm 2 years away from all of my babies not being home. While I'm looking forward to that for them and me, at the same time...I miss my babies and little handprints all over the place. I miss the baby giggles that you can't help but laugh with. I miss the snuggles.
Damn girl! You’re making a grown man tear up. She’s only 10 months old and it scares me that she will be gone one day. She’s the light of my life. I always heard how much a child will change you but I never expected this kind of love and admiration.

I’m old for a new born. I never wanted to have kids early. Well 39 if y’all consider that old.

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder
Damn girl! You’re making a grown man tear up. She’s only 10 months old and it scares me that she will be gone one day. She’s the light of my life. I always heard how much a child will change you but I never expected this kind of love and admiration.

I’m old for a new born. I never wanted to have kids early. Well 39 if y’all consider that old.

Attachments

• 003B4600-551F-44F7-89AE-BE121ABCE2A2.jpeg
    003B4600-551F-44F7-89AE-BE121ABCE2A2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • CC1FFDEA-1F56-4D51-BEB6-47E18126DB88.jpeg
    CC1FFDEA-1F56-4D51-BEB6-47E18126DB88.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 336FA5B3-DCC7-409F-BB0A-C2908D57EA04.jpeg
    336FA5B3-DCC7-409F-BB0A-C2908D57EA04.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 91E6003C-23E5-41E2-8CA7-9C601107FCB1.jpeg
    91E6003C-23E5-41E2-8CA7-9C601107FCB1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 461373E6-70B8-4F42-A51C-BB025F48FD74.jpeg
    461373E6-70B8-4F42-A51C-BB025F48FD74.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder
I’ll see your 10 month at 39 and raise you a newborn at 44. He’s 3 now and I’m 47. It does keep you young but damn I got 4 boys 3, 6, 10, and 13. My old ass is having trouble keeping up!
We’re all in this together man. My moto is I do not negotiate with terrorist. Which I’m sure she will become one day.

Top Bottom