Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oklahoma Sooners Taking NIL Payments Next Level

All D1 players will be making $200k this time next year. I get a strong feeling that this is one of those things that is not going to end well across the board

I agree. Yet another example of the government coming to fix something that wasn't broken.....like they did with getting into the student loan business. What a cluster fvck that turned out to be. To quote my beloved Ronald Reagan.......

Kratinos Socratous on Twitter: The nine most terrifying words in the  English language are: I'm from the government and I am here to help (Ronald  Reagan) #Cyprus #CyprusPapers #quotes https://t.co/TWs9ym7QAh / Twitter

TJHall1

Legendary
Thanks to NIL and the transfer portal, any program less than a blue-blood is now basically a farm team... as soon as a player starts getting national attention, they gone.
Yup, college sports is now a shit show. My interest in watching any sports at the college and pro level whatsoever is waning. Already have basically went cold turkey on all pro sports.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yup, college sports is now a shit show. My interest in watching any sports at the college and pro level whatsoever is waning. Already have basically went cold turkey on all pro sports.
When clowney was a jr USCjr lost to whoever. I was pissed on Monday. I started thinking wtf am I so mad about teenagers playing a game. I quit spending 500 min per home game and don't invest nearly the same in time anymore. After the covid shit I'd rather siting my own yard and watch the birds hit the feeders and my dog chase squirrels

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
And now the NCAA is considering unlimited scholarships by ditching the 25 schollie annual limit.

They would keep the 85 schollie limit. Teams would find a work around for that too.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/25/college-football-scholarship-signing-limit-transfer-portal
Corporate takeover of student sports. I can't wait for the 1st high profile assault,fraud,rape etc to hit these corporations. I'm a casual fan now. I can see that declining. The NCAA is going to be a farm team to the top 10 in transfers.
@jtrain or someone said that yesterday and I agree 100%

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
When clowney was a jr USCjr lost to whoever. I was pissed on Monday. I started thinking wtf am I so mad about teenagers playing a game. I quit spending 500 min per home game and don't invest nearly the same in time anymore. After the covid shit I'd rather siting my own yard and watch the birds hit the feeders and my dog chase squirrels

Exact same way bro. 5 or 6 years ago, I quit investing financially as well as emotionally, and am much better off for it. I still watch my Gamecocks on Saturdays, but that's about it...& if I miss a game for something better to do, I don't even care.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Exact same way bro. 5 or 6 years ago, I quit investing financially as well as emotionally, and am much better off for it. I still watch my Gamecocks on Saturdays, but that's about it...& if I miss a game for something better to do, I don't even care.
I have gone back to the 80s and listen to it on this 1985 transistor radio while I fish w cane poles. In some ways covid was an eye opener on how to live again. Unplug and gtfoutside20220426_100123.jpg

Jtrain80

Legendary

I felt the same way until Venables came back. He is reeling me back in.

Top Bottom