Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official complain about internet connection and IT services thread

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Comcast has me maxed out and completely rustled. I called Google fiber to see if we could switch over but they can’t figure out what’s going on with finding the business location to find service
Yeah I'm on Comcast. They are the worst. We should start Patriot's internet service.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
There are a couple things we can do to fix this going forward, it’s just going to take some work and planning.

On a positive note, this is the first time we’ve had an issue like this in almost a year
Whats weird is if you post something and the cpu is going going going then you hit post reply again itll shoot up on the board. I was trying to catch up on @JuliusLeRoy pics and considered having Bill smite me then and there

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Figured Concast was deplatforming us

Speaking of, do we need a back up plan like this site was for when we got the boot from Rivals?
It would be illegal for them to do so because they are considered a utility, but who knows in bizarro world.

It would be akin to the electric company cutting your power because you have a confederate flag in the front yard

EXECFRT

Elite
Founder
It would be illegal for them to do so because they are considered a utility, but who knows in bizarro world.

It would be akin to the electric company cutting your power because you have a confederate flag in the front yard
Yes, but the DOJ is supposedly coming after those of us that have a different opinion of theirs regarding the 2020 election (among other things)

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
@JackOfSpeed

tenor.gif

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
I have some thoughts:

Why don’t you host the site, like you did, before you procured the new server. Let the new server be the back up plan and not the workhorse. Hosting on the cloud gets you 24/7 support, more bandwidth (no slowdowns), and inexpensive hardware upgrades as needed to support growth. Possibly mirror the data on the home server. If a catastrophic de-platform event occurs, you quickly switch over to the server at your office.

Another option would to just host the pictures on a cloud based server. Not a public one. One specific to TFSF. This will greatly lower the bandwidth requirements and keep the important data locally.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I have some thoughts:

Why don’t you host the site, like you did, before you procured the new server. Let the new server be the back up plan and not the workhorse. Hosting on the cloud gets you 24/7 support, more bandwidth (no slowdowns), and inexpensive hardware upgrades as needed to support growth. Possibly mirror the data on the home server. If a catastrophic de-platform event occurs, you quickly switch over to the server at your office.

Another option would to just host the pictures on a cloud based server. Not a public one. One specific to TFSF. This will greatly lower the bandwidth requirements and keep the important data locally.
The solution #1 is the way to go, but you are looking at several hundred a month to keep something like that running. We can’t carry that expense right now.

#2 (as far as I know) serverside bandwidth isn’t the issue in images. It’s client side and how browsers handle that. I’ve got a work around to make that better, just need the time

Appreciate the input

It was so slow the other day that I couldn't even load the page. It was laterally an act of violence toward me. Expect to hear from my lawyer.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I have some thoughts:

I've been thinking about this more and I really appreciate you brining up the first point. Rather than a thought in the back of the mind, this needs to be a more immediate thing that we plan for and budget for. Still will take time as far as getting some dependable funding, but no reason we couldn't do a one month trial and just make sure we would be ready to make the switch. And then when we get more steady income, make the move permanent

Latest posts

Top Bottom