Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

**Official Bourbon Thread**

RAK187Vet

Poster
Founder
Slow day at work so I was able to make a run this afternoon. I know it’s dead season for a few more weeks but found a few decent bottles. Thanks to some recs in the home bar thread, I found several bottles of the Jefferson’s Ocean collection. Also grabbed a MM Private Selection. I’ve heard these are nice to keep around and go back to on rare occasions. Still fairly new to the bourbon game so would love to see what everyone else is enjoying. In NC, so it’s tough sledding getting anything here with ABC.
66E09E84-9857-4157-B4E4-BB04966A1F07.jpeg

Sandford’s_Finest

Poster
Founder
My rotation is pretty pedestrian (plus I’m MB poor). I usually alternate between Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek, Makers Mark, Four Roses, and always keep a fifth of something cheap on hand that I can drink all of if I have a shitty day with work.

Always looking for new ones to try tho.

TheJunto

Poster
I can usually get my hands on at least 20 bottles of Weller Special Reserve 1.75’s at any given time. If you can get Eagle Rare with regularity, I would be open to working out trades. For some reason, the GOATulsa gets WSR as if the world is ending. WSR 1.75’s retail around $35-$40 here. Let me know if you’re interested.

weller_special_reserve_600x.png

RAK187Vet

Poster
Founder
I can usually get my hands on at least 20 bottles of Weller Special Reserve 1.75’s at any given time. If you can get Eagle Rare with regularity, I would be open to working out trades. For some reason, the GOATulsa gets WSR as if the world is ending. WSR 1.75’s retail around $35-$40 here. Let me know if you’re interested.

weller_special_reserve_600x.png
Would love to trade some Weller for ER. Hard to find around here but I have a couple bottles in reserve.

RAK187Vet

Poster
Founder
ER or Weller is hard to find for you?
Honestly any good bourbon is hard to find in NC. It’s all ran by the ABC and allotted. I’ve seen them do lottery’s or first come first served, but it’s a crap shoot. Also heard they let their buddies know when the good stuff comes in so they can grab it all up. Maybe I’m rubbing shoulders with the wrong crowd. I go down to SC and have better luck but waiting in line at 0900 on a Saturday morning isn’t ideal.

Anybody get any of the Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel? If so, is it worth the search and secondary cost?

Lucked into a bottle of Blantons and MWND on the shelves of a local store about a month ago. It’s as lucky as I’ve gotten in a while.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Honestly any good bourbon is hard to find in NC. It’s all ran by the ABC and allotted. I’ve seen them do lottery’s or first come first served, but it’s a crap shoot. Also heard they let their buddies know when the good stuff comes in so they can grab it all up. Maybe I’m rubbing shoulders with the wrong crowd. I go down to SC and have better luck but waiting in line at 0900 on a Saturday morning isn’t ideal.
Opposite for me. Can’t find shit in SC, but I go to Maggie Valley a good bit and they will have stuff I can’t find in SC. It’s a small assed town so maybe they get allocated and there’s not enough people in the town to buy it when they get it

Razrback5

Poster
Anybody get any of the Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel? If so, is it worth the search and secondary cost?

Lucked into a bottle of Blantons and MWND on the shelves of a local store about a month ago. It’s as lucky as I’ve gotten in a while.
Yes the rye is worth seeking out

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder

You need to ask at the store when they get their deliveries- I can get Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace pretty easily in NC and occasionally Blanton's, Weller, Booker's, Baker's and such. I know it sucks but one positive is that we don't get ripped off at the register.

Where do you live in NC?

Top Bottom