Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Biblical Prophecy Thread

TheResister

Elite
I understand, and agree, but interpretation of the facts and the facts are two different things.
The best that anyone can do is to present the facts and allow people to make up their own minds.

I've been on these discussion boards for a while now and there are those who have resorted to lies, misrepresentations, innuendo and even banning me outright just for having an opinion. Almost every day there are people forced into silence for exercising their First Amendment guarantees:

With respect to the direction this thread is taking, you should know that the Bible has both literal and figurative truths; it is full of allegories and parables along with analogies and the limitations of expression by writers that wrote the books of the Bible thousands of years ago.

ok, now that you have made your statement, back it up with some proof.
The proof is the Bible itself. If you’ve ever read it then you would know exactly what I’m talking about.

Furthermore, one only needs to accept that humans are flawed (sinners) to realize this fact since the Bible is written by humans.

“They must interpret the words and situations in the Bible, just as the rest of us do. The Bible cannot be taken literally because, like every other document, and especially long and complex ones, the Bible’s words, sentences, paragraphs, and books require interpretation due to the nature of words themselves.“

Too often men put their own interpretation on Bible passages, claiming the right to do so and thereby contributing to the religious division that exists in the world today. The only sound approach to Bible study is to let the Bible interpret itself. (1 Peter 4:11).

Two things are evident: Either God gave us a book that we cannot understand and therefore left it up to us to decide what he had in mind, or God gave us a book that we can study and come to a knowledge of the truth.

Last edited:

TheResister

Elite
The proof is the Bible itself. If you’ve ever read it then you would know exactly what I’m talking about.

Furthermore, one only needs to accept that humans are flawed (sinners) to realize this fact since the Bible is written by humans.

“They must interpret the words and situations in the Bible, just as the rest of us do. The Bible cannot be taken literally because, like every other document, and especially long and complex ones, the Bible’s words, sentences, paragraphs, and books require interpretation due to the nature of words themselves.“

Too often men put their own interpretation on Bible passages, claiming the right to do so and thereby contributing to the religious division that exists in the world today. The only sound approach to Bible study is to let the Bible interpret itself. (1 Peter 4:11).

Two things are evident: Either God gave us a book that we cannot understand and therefore left it up to us to decide what he had in mind, or God gave us a book that we can study and come to a knowledge of the truth.
Lots of double talk there with no substance. Folks, don't take the Bible literally. Thou shalt not kill? Don't take it literally.

Lots of double talk there with no substance. Folks, don't take the Bible literally. Thou shalt not kill? Don't take it literally.
You’re proving my point for me.

There are many valid reasons to kill another human. Here are just a few:

1- Self defense like the Ukrainians are doing to the orcs

2- Capital punishment

3- Traditional war like Americans killing the Japs

Bible is written by humans.
yes it was, over the course of what is estimated to be about 50 years cumulative time, this is up to debate, since it is many books combined into one.
Yes, one of the two must be true. In your concession that the Christian God exists, which do you think is more probable?
Thou shalt not kill? Don't take it literally.
Agreed. Jesus himself speaks of the importance of defense. Killing in the context of the 10 commandments and ending life are different.

He knows nothing about immigration
And you are coming to this conclusion by your own expert tesimony? Please explain.
He tries to argue from a position of power
I agree with this statement and disagree with the practice in this particular field of discussion. I am a licensed plumber, to argue with me about plumbing would be a stupid idea, as I am an "expert". In the Christian faith, there is only one preacher, and that is Jesus.
he claims he has the facts and that only he is right
He does, but how is that mostly unlike anyone else?
You see, he can't have a conversation about anything because he claims he has the facts and that only he is right. When his facts are pointed out to be either non-factual or mere opinion, or completely mis-understood by him, he then wants to fight
This is a problem with most people who are intellectual. Some more than others. But this should not factor in the equation.

I disagree with him on many things, but dont typically call him a shitbird because of it.

see, this has no value to me.........you have quoted some news articles and such as backup to your opinion, and have offered no reasonable and logical answer to my question. I want your perspective, not a bias news article. Come up with something to persuade me.

yes it was, over the course of what is estimated to be about 50 years cumulative time, this is up to debate, since it is many books combined into one.

Yes, one of the two must be true. In your concession that the Christian God exists, which do you think is more probable?

Agreed. Jesus himself speaks of the importance of defense. Killing in the context of the 10 commandments and ending life are different.
I didn’t suggest that the Christian god is real. I merely pointed out that if he were real that he didn’t leave us a text that was meant to be interpreted literally regardless of one’s faith.

You’re right that there are many forms of killing in the Bible just like there are many ways to interpret it. @TheResister proved this point wonderfully when he said “thou shalt not kill” when the actual commandment is “thou shou not murder”. He hasn’t done a deep study of the Bible and biblical history so he had no clue either way but for those of us who are well educated on the topic it’s one of the classic “self owns” on his part.

Your point about the Bible being altered and revised countless times by humans is another point that is frequently overlooked by many.

Most importantly, we have no clue what Jesus said or if he even existed. The Bible cannot be relied upon as a source for anything given its history of alteration and how it was supposedly authored.

A modern comparison would be like someone from the CCP collecting a bunch of pro-communist tweets from X, all from unverified sources, and publishing them together.

We have no clue if anything written is true. All we can be sure about is the bias.

Last edited:
see, this has no value to me.........you have quoted some news articles and such as backup to your opinion, and have offered no reasonable and logical answer to my question. I want your perspective, not a bias news article. Come up with something to persuade me.
If logic and authorities on the subject don’t persuade you then you’re not looking to be persuaded.

If a neurologist said you had brain cancer, scans showed you had brain cancer, and you were having symptoms you wouldn’t say “persuade me” regarding the diagnosis unless you were in denial.

If logic and authorities on the subject don’t persuade you then you’re not looking to be persuaded.

If a neurologist said you had brain cancer, scans showed you had brain cancer, and you were having symptoms you wouldn’t say “persuade me” regarding the diagnosis unless you were in denial.
This is illogical. If said neurologist told me that, I would take him at his word.

You are not an "expert" in the field, nor is the "documentation" you submit.

Apples to tacos.

TheResister

Elite
You’re proving my point for me.

There are many valid reasons to kill another human. Here are just a few:

1- Self defense like the Ukrainians are doing to the orcs

2- Capital punishment

3- Traditional war like Americans killing the Japs
You and I know that you're playing semantics. The more precise word that you would use from the Ten Commandments would be that one should not murder.

There is all kinds of biblical case law regarding self defense, the price we exact for the punishments of wrongs etc.

CuriousFiend

Elite
I doubt it. No matter how many times he is proven wrong he keeps repeating the same propaganda. It’s the literal definition of insanity.
😏An example of insanity is shamelessly posting Ukrainian propaganda vids/links multiple times per day—every single day...

....and yet still pretending to be oblivious to the reality...

...Stinkfist Stan is full of...
20230316_203741.gif
...🖕😂

TheResister

Elite
I doubt it. No matter how many times he is proven wrong he keeps repeating the same propaganda. It’s the literal definition of insanity.
Your problem is that you haven't proven me wrong about one damn thing. Not once. As a matter of fact, for all the times you've accused me of spreading communist propaganda, it shows how absolutely clueless you are about that topic - and that is just ONE topic. You don't have a monopoly on understanding nor the truth. And, while I'm there, can you name one time YOU'VE been wrong? How is it possible that anyone, and I mean anyone be wrong 100 percent of the time? Yet, that's your attitude toward me AND you haven't been right about me ONCE.
'

Liquid Reigns

Poster
The best that anyone can do is to present the facts and allow people to make up their own minds.

I've been on these discussion boards for a while now and there are those who have resorted to lies, misrepresentations, innuendo and even banning me outright just for having an opinion. Almost every day there are people forced into silence for exercising their First Amendment guarantees:

You are nothing like Wranglerstar, nor is anything that has happened to you like him.

The only one resorting to lies, misrepresentations, innuendo, is you. You don't post your "opinion", your posts are nothing more than you attempting to "soap box" your views, and if people don't agree with you or they point out your incorrect claims or misconstrued interpretations of "facts", you whine like a bitch to moderators, which is what gets you banned, they get tired of your whining.

You should be prepared for challenges to the exercising of your 1st Amendment right. Instead, you run away from them. You should actually learn and understand history before making claims about it that you glean from phrases you think somehow give your screed legitimacy.

TheResister

Elite
From the OP:

"I'd like to avoid debate that devolves into name-calling or anything ugly."

For all the bloviating that he does, Jake did not respect this thread nor its author enough to honor that simple request. I've disagreed with him and probably should not have responded to his false allegations. So, I will apologize since he wanted to make this thread a personal attack on me and I initially took the bait.

There is a time and a place for everything. Jake don't want to be in the proper forum for what he claims he wants to talk about. This isn't it so we need to get back to Bible prophecy and leave the insults and allegations somewhere else.

I didn’t suggest that the Christian god is real.
sure you did, you said one of the two choices were true, both of which said, "god gave us the bible" you are on the right path
when the actual commandment is “thou shou not murder”.

eitherway the 10 commandments are obsolete, paid in full by Christ's blood.
Your point about the Bible being altered and revised countless times by humans
where was this?
Most importantly, we have no clue what Jesus said or if he even existed.
I do.....that of course and he is the most written about person in the history of writing.
CCCP?

sure you did, you said one of the two choices were true, both of which said, "god gave us the bible" you are on the right path

eitherway the 10 commandments are obsolete, paid in full by Christ's blood.

where was this?

I do.....that of course and he is the most written about person in the history of writing.

CCCP?
Chinese communist party

And no I didn’t. The source said that given that they are christians themselves and still believe that the Bible isn’t meant to be interpreted literally. You wouldn’t expect christians to say God didn’t give them the Bible since that is what their faith believes even though they acknowledge (begrudgingly) that it is completely written by man.

The point is that even the most devout Christian, when being logical and not gaslighting, acknowledges the Bible can’t be interpreted literally or even be used as a source.

You pointed that out right here:

Chinese communist party

And no I didn’t. The source said that given that they are christians themselves and still believe that the Bible isn’t meant to be interpreted literally. You wouldn’t expect christians to say God didn’t give them the Bible since that is what their faith believes even though they acknowledge (begrudgingly) that it is completely written by man.

The point is that even the most devout Christian, when being logical and not gaslighting, acknowledges the Bible can’t be interpreted literally or even be used as a source.

You pointed that out right here:
you misunderstood my response.....
"God gave us a book that we can study and come to a knowledge of the truth." - @Jake Broe Stan
Chinese communist party
???

Yes the it should be taken literally. Which portions should not be?

you misunderstood my response.....
"God gave us a book that we can study and come to a knowledge of the truth." - @Jake Broe Stan

???

Yes the it should be taken literally. Which portions should not be?
What should be taken literally?

If you’re talking about the Bible then none of it should be taken literally. It’s essentially a comic book. Actually, that’s denigrating to comic books given that their authors are frequently known.

I think that quote perfectly epitomizes what the Bible is. People that understand that it’s a compilation of stories meant to teach life lessons ( “truths” colloquially speaking) then it can give benefits.

As an example, the Bible calls for no sex before marriage. This is a great life lesson in retrospect since this would cut down on sexually transmitted infections.

What should be taken literally?

If you’re talking about the Bible then none of it should be taken literally. It’s essentially a comic book. Actually, that’s denigrating to comic books given that their authors are frequently known.

I think that quote perfectly epitomizes what the Bible is. People that understand that it’s a compilation of stories meant to teach life lessons ( “truths” colloquially speaking) then it can give benefits.

As an example, the Bible calls for no sex before marriage. This is a great life lesson in retrospect since this would cut down on sexually transmitted infections.
Well we can go back and forth, but the old testament is obsolete. You said you know the bible i think.............what does Jesus say about adultery? You will find it is more stringent than the old testament........

You work in law right?

Do you know what the "Doctrine of competing harms" is?

Well we can go back and forth, but the old testament is obsolete. You said you know the bible i think.............what does Jesus say about adultery? You will find it is more stringent than the old testament........

You work in law right?

I think competing harms would be another great example of how the Bible is lacking. Countless scenarios can be imaged where there are holes.

You’re correct as well that the Bible is wildly inconsistent. Whether it’s OT to NT or the countless other inconsistencies. Those inconsistencies make it clear that it is a compilation of thoughts from imperfect people instead of some text that was breathed into existence by the Holy Spirit (as some christians would claim).

I’d say the biggest problem is intentional misinterpretation of the Bible on certain topics. Things like homosexuality, judging other’s sin, ect.

I think competing harms would be another great example of how the Bible is lacking. Countless scenarios can be imaged where there are holes.

You’re correct as well that the Bible is wildly inconsistent. Whether it’s OT to NT or the countless other inconsistencies. Those inconsistencies make it clear that it is a compilation of thoughts from imperfect people instead of some text that was breathed into existence by the Holy Spirit (as some christians would claim).

I’d say the biggest problem is intentional misinterpretation of the Bible on certain topics. Things like homosexuality, judging other’s sin, ect.
right, those inconsistencies are within the arguments of man, not the bible.

Did you come up with an answer for this? Ill tell you:

It is the doctrine in English common law that allows one to break the law in the rare circumstance that following the law, would do more harm, than following the law itself. It is what allows police officers to drive faster than the posted speed limit, or to fire their gun in public.

where there are holes
where are the holes?

right, those inconsistencies are within the arguments of man, not the bible.

Did you come up with an answer for this? Ill tell you:

It is the doctrine in English common law that allows one to break the law in the rare circumstance that following the law, would do more harm, than following the law itself. It is what allows police officers to drive faster than the posted speed limit, or to fire their gun in public.

where are the holes?
We’ve widely discussed the holes that the doctrine exposes within the Bible. Things like stealing, murder, and lying just to name a few.

The Bible itself is deeply inconsistent. One explanation is that the books were actually written to address differing points of view.

Liquid Reigns

Poster
From the OP:

For all the bloviating that he does, Jake did not respect this thread nor its author enough to honor that simple request. I've disagreed with him and probably should not have responded to his false allegations. So, I will apologize since he wanted to make this thread a personal attack on me and I initially took the bait.

There is a time and a place for everything. Jake don't want to be in the proper forum for what he claims he wants to talk about. This isn't it so we need to get back to Bible prophecy and leave the insults and allegations somewhere else.
This thread is over 2 years old, the OP is long gone from it. SMH

From the OP:

the OP has no power, but i agree
edit: the OP is a fag

I don't know the OP and he seems to have gone awol from his own thread. I'm just trying to do to others as they would do unto me.
Nobody cares about the OP besides fags. He isn’t special.

You trying to tuck tail and hide in his shadow after being proven ignorant & wrong in yet another thread was as predictable as the sunrise this Thanksgiving.

Speaking of, I’m thankful we have the FBI and CIA to go after commies like you. Go fuck yourself to black Americans in chains Mr. Race & Religion

Last edited:

TheResister

Elite
Nobody cares about the OP besides fags. He isn’t special.

You trying to tuck tail and hide in his shadow after being proven ignorant & wrong and yet another thread was as predictable as the sunrise this Thanksgiving.

Speaking of, I’m thankful we have the FBI and CIA to go after commies like you. Go fuck yourself to black Americans in chains Mr. Race & Religion
It would be a cold day in HELL before I ran from you. It's just hard for me to argue with an idiot - ESPECIALLY one like you. I'll be back tomorrow or the next day when I have some time to kill and respond to idiocy. Run from you? A dog might get a whiff of your stench, but other than that, even a cat wouldn't run from you.

TheResister

Elite
Having read over this thread I have seen nothing to respond to in regards to biblical prophecy; see nothing that would indicate I'm ignorant and certainly not wrong about what I've posted herein. Check this out and watch for additions to in the days to come:

Latest posts

Top Bottom