Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No water at the house (edit:I got water MFers)

TJHall1

Legendary
I would slightly open a couple taps. Make sur
It’s minus 27 with the windchill in Oklahoma. Heat is great. I sent in a “ticket” with the city my water ain’t working. I have never been without water before. Is there anything I can/need to do? House is 3 weeks old
Thanks fellas.
Leave a tap open, if it was freezing up having a tap open could help if its not too late.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
It’s minus 27 with the windchill in Oklahoma. Heat is great. I sent in a “ticket” with the city my water ain’t working. I have never been without water before. Is there anything I can/need to do? House is 3 weeks old
Thanks fellas.
I always leave a faucet on running slowly when expecting sub zero temps for extended periods. Sorry that won't help you now. Be safe.

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
I always leave a faucet on running slowly when expecting sub zero temps for extended periods. Sorry that won't help you now. Be safe.
I was going to do that but was scared something would happen and I’d come home to a flooded house

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
Sorry for the circumstances. You have to tell us more than the water isnt coming on. Yes, crack all the valves to relieve pressure.
I came home today, when to turn on the water and it came out for 10 seconds then slowly slowed down to nothing. Now no water

Last edited:

CadetHawk

Elite
Founder
House is set to 72
You should be fine. You could check where your waterline comes in and see how cold the line is there. My next door neighbor's water line froze a couple winters ago. I think it cost him $600 to have a guy unfreeze it. Basically they run electricity from the water shut off out side to where the pipe enters the house. The electricity heats up the pipe and thaws it.

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
Probably not long enough. Are you getting municipal water? From a well it is likely frozen, but in a neighborhood it's unlikely.
City water, I don’t know any neighbors so no idea if they have water. I don’t care about being without water a few days, I just don’t want some fucking big bill

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Thanks fellas.
latest.jpg

And snow?

Lethal34fl2

Poster
Founder
Lived in Edmond in he early 80’s, went to go break the ice up in the horse trough and there was a chicken frozen in it, good times.

Top Bottom