Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No water at the house (edit:I got water MFers)

Mahozzle

Elite
Founder
I’m in a hotel because we have no papers and my water lines started freezing.
And I’m in texas.
rolling power blackouts went through my neighborhood but they never rolled. It was just turned off. No I’m hearing they can’t get the power back on.
ridiculous...

Oklahoma

Poster
Mine froze up yesterday so I had to go to the cow lot and readjust the heat lamp. My dad brought down a work light and a small fan, water was back within the hour. I checked it today and it’s cooking in there.

I live in my grandparents farm house and I’ve been checking these same well houses with my grandpa since I was old enough to walk.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Not a plumber, but you pribably got something froze.

I have a family of 5 constantly flushing the lines in OKC suburbs. If things sat all day.... might try cranking heater and opening cabinet doors.
Also if you have a crawl space you need to get under there and look for exposed pipe close to the foundation. Might be able to get a hair dryer on that bad boy and thaw it out quick. I had to do that once then i insulated the hell out of it the next week and have never had the problem again.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Also if you have a crawl space you need to get under there and look for exposed pipe close to the foundation. Might be able to get a hair dryer on that bad boy and thaw it out quick. I had to do that once then i insulated the hell out of it the next week and have never had the problem again.

Pretty sure it is a new house on a slab.

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
Sometimes nicer to get that fulcrum action though with the shovel and really let it fly. Very satisfying seeing it twirl through the air in the moonlight.
You need some new hobbies bro. Lol let me guess, next you’re gonna tell me how satisfying the texture is when you catch it out of your wife’s butt.

Or cut out a couple steps in the process and just go shit in your neighbors yard.
300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

yankmenoodle

Elite
It’s minus 27 with the windchill in Oklahoma. Heat is great. I sent in a “ticket” with the city my water ain’t working. I have never been without water before. Is there anything I can/need to do? House is 3 weeks old
Thanks fellas.
Open every cabinet and closet door, turn up heat as much as is comfortable. Id fill my water meter pit with a pile of ”hot hands” or whatever chemical pocket heaters you can find.

yankmenoodle

Elite
I have water, but am currently without power. This shit sucks.
My wife wasn’t happy when I bought a generator last month, and yesterday our power went off literally two minutes before I finished wiring it up. We were able to invite a family with a newborn to come stay with us. I’ve been justified. She actually said she was glad I bought it.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I just don't understand how they could be frozen when the frost line isn't close to how deep the water lines should be.
You could be right. Just what happened with the neighbors, plus seeing a little trickle of water. But that could have just been the last bit of moisture in the line that was pulled up by pressure throughout the day

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
You could be right. Just what happened with the neighbors, plus seeing a little trickle of water. But that could have just been the last bit of moisture in the line that was pulled up by pressure throughout the day
Ya, I used 2 hair dryers on the pipes up top for an hour straight and nothing. Gonna wrap it in a few blankets tonight. Going above freezing sat so...

3A1ADA4C-54E1-4A61-85FD-59A0564E12B9.jpeg

Lethal34fl2

Poster
Founder
Don’t know about you guys but here in Florida I am on a well and the pipe comes out of the ground before it enters our house, if it was ever going to freeze that’s where it would freeze as it is made of copper.

Balmy 65 here.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
72? Shit probably boiled off🤣. I left mine dripping and still lost almost half my water fixtures. I fucking hate slab foundations.
Fuck ever living on a slab.

As a certified property Inspector that shit blows my fucking mind.

America 1st

Founder
Care to elaborate, for the less knowledgeable among us?
A lot of reasons but mostly because of the obvious fact that labor in the crawl is a pain in the ass.

Also it's above ground which for obvious reasons is a problem in areas where the home isn't built to resist a certain climate.

America 1st

Founder
Slab houses all over up here in Iowa.-30-40 windchill for 10 days now. When slab houses are done right they are fine anywhere. Where do you live?
I don't mean to say there is anything 'wrong' with living on a slab.

In some areas that's the only option.

Just as a person who lives in an area (Ohio) where basements are standard it's a mind fuck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom