Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lost a hard drive from my PC this weekend

ajcgn

Poster
Have you tried a data recovery service? I hear it can be expensive, so it obviously depends on the value of what’s lost.
I have no clue it it’s doable after taking out your frustrations on the disk though.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Have you tried a data recovery service? I hear it can be expensive, so it obviously depends on the value of what’s lost.
I have no clue it it’s doable after taking out your frustrations on the disk though.
Might could have, but I took it apart to try and fix it and I broke it more then I get mad and scratched it up with my screwdriver

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Fortunately the wife has a ton of pictures on her phone and other things. I still have all the stuff from my kids first 2 years as well. I’m gonna see what I can dig up the next couple weeks and definitely back up all that. Got a removable drive yesterday

PartyBarge

Patriot
Founder
break-break-the-printer-printer-office-space-satire-gif-5701807.gif

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
All kinds of family pictures and important documents. Make sure to back your shit up. I didnt.

I smashed it up some after I couldn’t get it to work, but those things are durable

View attachment 100184
Never break the seal of a traditional Hard drive.

That picture is a beautiful representation of the internal spinning discs. You can also see the magnetic reader at the top. The sensor on it is so close to the rotating disc that a particle as small as one from cigarette smoke will fill the tiny gap between it and the disc Surface. So don’t smoke around computers. And never open up a hard drive.

There are software tools to recover data from a failed hard drive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom