Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jury Duty

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Tell them you think you know everyone in the community and you don't like police
Poof off jury duty
I've done it. It isn't that bad

TJHall1

Legendary
I don't know if depends on what type of case it is but wifewas summond and she was trying to get off it and they said if your number wasn't called then you would be sequestered for the next trial.
This is for 3 fucking months. I ain't doing that shit. I told them I was extra susceptible to covid from an illness I had in college and am not comfortable doing it. We'll see what they think of that.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I'm not doing that shit for 3 months.
You many not even get chosen. You'll be given information telling what type of trial and its length of time. Then make a decision whether you try to get out. They give you plenty of opportunities to exclude yourself. I've never served more than 2 days on any jury except for 3 months on the Grand Jury. I doubt it will be a long trial given all the mask rules. My friend at the DA's office said there were few trials due to all the social distancing stuff. Tell them you won't wear a mask for extended periods of time.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
You many not even get chosen. You'll be given information telling what type of trial and its length of time. Then make a decision whether you try to get out. They give you plenty of opportunities to exclude yourself. I've never served more than 2 days on any jury except for 3 months on the Grand Jury. I doubt it will be a long trial given all the mask rules. My friend at the DA's office said there were few trials due to all the social distancing stuff. Tell them you won't wear a mask for extended periods of time.
JFC....do you like request summons or something. I was summoned once in college which I was not in town for so I didn't serve and 1 time which I was sent home day 1 and never called back and I'm 43 yo. What am i missing here bro.....either yore an olde or yore literally asking/volunteering for that shit? Help me out here as I'm confused.

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
I just got a summons yesterday as well. Haven’t really looked into it much yet. I’ve been summoned a few times but my number has never been called to show up for selection. Hopefully that happens again.

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
All I can tell you was I waited in a hallway for 6hrs, fully prepared to tell them I was racist, sexist, and thought if the person got to trial they must be guilty. My plan got shot down when the 90yr old with an oxygen tank tried the same thing, and didn’t get excused

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
I’ll add my case. It should have been simple assault but one guy hit is head on a step and needed surgery. It was obvious what happened, but I did my civic duty seriously. The bar security cam was extremely outdated, still on vhs, and it only recorded 1 frame every 5 seconds. Saw the guy stand up, approach, but never saw a punch, or who threw first. It was he said/she said after that. Much as I hated it. Not guilty

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
@TJHall1. Inever wanted to be there for 3 days, it is’t dramatic like tv, it’s as boring as a freshman English lit class. Of course the guy did it, and probably should have been up on charges of attempted murder. But if you realize why you are there, and what is at stake, you might surprise yourself, justice isn’t always what you think it is, but it can give you a second of freedom

Last edited:

BigBucnNole

Elite
Anyone ever serve on a jury? I just got a summons today. Fuck this shit. Whats the best way to get out of this bullshit?

sensing-zombieland.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom