Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jack Reacher fans:: Amazon show is great

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
Do I need to know stuff from the movies or can i just watch this without knowing any reacher?
Shame on you if you watched the movie. The show is not bad and totally independent of the movie. I am on episode 4 and enjoying it. Surprisingly enough, almost no woke bs from Amazon so far. A little girl power once or twice and a black guy getting roughed up by some "yee haw" local redneck types but not overly dramatized.

TJHall1

Legendary
Shame on you if you watched the movie. The show is not bad and totally independent of the movie. I am on episode 4 and enjoying it. Surprisingly enough, almost no woke bs from Amazon so far. A little girl power once or twice and a black guy getting roughed up by some "yee haw" local redneck types but not overly dramatized.
So I shouldn't watch the movie then? It's bad?

BTAvenger

Elite
I was skeptical. I’ll start watching it today. The Reacher books used to be awesome. I’ve read them all up until now. But after the last two books (written by Lee Child’s brother) I’m done there.

TJHall1

Legendary
1.5 episodes in and questioning the credibility of everyone in here who said this show is great. I hope it gets better quick.

TJHall1

Legendary
Like he's watching The Godfather or Ben Hur. It's a fucking action show.
So as long as it's action the writing, acting, and plot should be shitty? 10-4.

There was more action in godfather than this shitty show so far.

Juro

Elite
I hate that I love it. The actor for Jack Reacher has the manners down for him. Though, the dialogue just seems off just a bit. Acts a little too cocky, but it works for the general audience versus the book readers.

Obviously he’s tall and built, but he looks like he works out three times a day. Probably kept the abs to bring in more woman audience.

Overall, I think this could be similar to True Detective if they play their cards right.

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
Ya, I didn't think anything I said was controversial. The writing is horrible and the acting is bad.
iu

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
It's an Amazon series about a quasi super soldier. What are we expecting for acting and story? The Crying Game? The story is literally based off of one of the Reacher books. I haven't read it so don't know how true to the book they are staying, but all I expect when watching a show is to be entertained for an hour with some ass beatings, shootings and something nice to look at (Roscoe is pretty sexy).

Additionally, this show actually has a white, male actor that 1. isn't a total bitch 2. isn't portrayed as a fucking moron 3. isn't portrayed as someone that cannot make it without the help of a minority or woman.

Quite refreshing actually compared to all other shows on TV today.

TJHall1

Legendary
It's an Amazon series about a quasi super soldier. What are we expecting for acting and story? The Crying Game? The story is literally based off of one of the Reacher books. I haven't read it so don't know how true to the book they are staying, but all I expect when watching a show is to be entertained for an hour with some ass beatings, shootings and something nice to look at (Roscoe is pretty sexy).

Additionally, this show actually has a white, male actor that 1. isn't a total bitch 2. isn't portrayed as a fucking moron 3. isn't portrayed as someone that cannot make it without the help of a minority or woman.

Quite refreshing actually compared to all other shows on TV today.
Considering how many people said it was a good show I was expecting good acting and a good story. Action shows and good acting aren't mutually exclusive. This show reminds me of walker Texas ranger.

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
Considering how many people said it was a good show I was expecting good acting and a good story. Action shows and good acting aren't mutually exclusive. This show reminds me of walker Texas ranger.
Well I know going forward to never seek your opinion on a show or movie. If you can't watch this show and enjoy it for what it is, then too snobby for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom