Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reacher thread got me wondering

Mvforau

Poster
The thread about the new Reacher series on Amazon got me to thinking about the soon to be released show based off Jack Carr’s series.

The main character James Reece will be played by Chris Pratt. Anyone else looking forward to seeing the show? Really hoping they do a good job with bringing the books to the screen.

If you haven’t read the novels in my opinion they are great. Jack is a former Navy Seal and does a great job in writing his stories. I am a knuckle dragger but I will take his writing over Brad Thor.

TJHall1

Legendary
The thread about the new Reacher series on Amazon got me to thinking about the soon to be released show based off Jack Carr’s series.

The main character James Reece will be played by Chris Pratt. Anyone else looking forward to seeing the show? Really hoping they do a good job with bringing the books to the screen.

If you haven’t read the novels in my opinion they are great. Jack is a former Navy Seal and does a great job in writing his stories. I am a knuckle dragger but I will take his writing over Brad Thor.
What's it about?

Mvforau

Poster
What's it about?
Will try to keep this spoiler free. There are currently 4 books in the series with a new one coming out in May. I am assuming the first run of the series will follow the first book.

The main character has some messed up stuff that happens to his teammates and his immediate family. He goes on a revenge spree to get justice for them.

Since he is a highly trained Seal he is very good at doing violence.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Will try to keep this spoiler free. There are currently 4 books in the series with a new one coming out in May. I am assuming the first run of the series will follow the first book.

The main character has some messed up stuff that happens to his teammates and his immediate family. He goes on a revenge spree to get justice for them.

Since he is a highly trained Seal he is very good at doing violence.
So written by a seal, and the main character is a seal?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

TJHall1

Legendary

Mvforau

Poster

Mvforau

Poster
Jack Carr's books are fucking awesome. I've read all of them. Hopefully this lives up to the books.
Glad to hear someone else enjoys his books. If you haven’t checked them out he also does his own podcast that has some good episodes.

I found out about him after he was on Jocko’s podcast.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Not sure if it was similar to the 2016 story about the Derrick Lovelace who died by drowning in a pool accident. Still think that is really fucked up.

No one was ever held accountable for these kids deaths. What a shame.

When you make these kids go through hell week, you have a duty to make sure they survive.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Jack Carr's books are fucking awesome. I've read all of them. Hopefully this lives up to the books.
I saw him on Rogan talking about getting cleared by the cia to print his books. He said he wrote a chapter about a guy going to a cia station in Malta. The cia told him couldn't say there was one there. Carr told them "I don't know if there is one there or not, I just made it up. But if you guys keep telling me 'no' on cities people are gonna figure out where the stations are"... they told him to quit coming to them to get his books cleared. LOL.

Sikness23245

Elite
Series is released on Prime video tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how the series turns out. Big fan of the books and with Jack Carr being involved with making the show I’m hoping it lives up to the books
Be prepared to be let down.

sorry, as a GOT fan, my ptsd about unfinished book series to TV adaptations got the best of me

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
H

Avatar fagit. You a burning bundle fag. I bet you're engles too got damn red coat

Top Bottom