Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jack Reacher fans:: Amazon show is great

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I watched it, and it's good, but this bugged me.

Reacher says he goes to Margrave because his brother had once told him that Blind Blake died there, and he remembered it upon hearing him in a bar in Tampa a few days before. One would assume that his brother ran across the info on Blind Blake when his research on the counterfeiting led him there, months, or in the context Reacher puts it, years before.

Recall in episode 1, he admitted to Roscoe that he hadn't talked to his brother in a long time.

His brother is killed in Margrave literally hours before Reacher got there.

That's a coincidence that is beyond absurdity. If he had said, 'my brother called me a few weeks ago, mentioned Margrave, and I thought I'd come check it out', it would've made sense. The way they presented it, 'my brother told me about this town years ago, so I decided to come check it out, as fate would have it the very day he was killed here', it made none.

Last edited:

Jtrain80

Legendary
I’m two episodes in and I have to admit that I really like it. Probably in part due to my bias because I loved the reacher books up until about number 15 or so . I actually remember the book where his brother was killed so I’m predisposed to liking it. They did a great job picking an actor. The commentary and dialogue is a little trite but they didn’t go over the top with it.

Was that not when his brother was killed? I have read many of the books,but not all and it's a little hazy at this point.

It was no breaking bad or GoT. A nice little show that didn't fall a half a mile behind the books.

Top Bottom