Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If you could go back and kill Hitler on a one way trip to the past as he's taking over Germany would you?

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Oh bummer dude, Auckland is probably the worst NZ has to offer, I legitimately avoid that city at all costs aye.
If I'd the opportunity, I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to experience the best of NZ, to check out the South Island.
Less people down there, and they tend to be slightly more welcoming/friendly,...infact South Islanders even have a slightly different accent.
They sorta roll, or put more emphasis, on the pronunciation of 'r', which actually kinda reminds me of a subtle variant of how Rhodesians pronounced the 'r' sound.
#Lol, I'm no linguistics expert, so that's probably a exceptionally shit explanation.

I do vaguely recall watching that stoner guy, dead cop, movie ya mentioned, though it was a while back, and yeah man I concur with your assessment.
Quite a few of those lower budget NZ comedies floating around.
(Can't think of any off the top of my head, to recommend sorry.)

Oh, and regarding that 'Thingy' puppet character and Jason Gunn,...here's a couple of cheesy examples....

😁👍
We actually only spent a couple days there. Basically we were in Brisbane for a wedding, so we decided to take a 3-day detour to NZ. We really wanted to to do the Hobbiton tour, and Auckland was convenient to travel into and looked like an easy drive to Matamata. Did do a city tour that I rather enjoyed, too. If I make it back I'd like to see the South Island, maybe make that my primary focus.

D

Deleted member 2886

What if you could go back and kill him as he was walking to his first grade classes. Would you do it?
Excellent question, and point, cheers.

Definitely inspires some very challenging questions aye.
Personally,...there is absolutely no chance that I'd ever consider such an act, though I can understand the obvious and most likely lines of reasoning some may possibly utilize in attempting to rationalize a convincing justification for dispatching an innocent child.

OldBuzzard

Poster
The ethics’s involved in such a action are definitely questionable, to say the least. And then you begin to think about the Einsatsgruppen, Auschwitz, The Final Solution, etc. And what if one of the 20,000,000 who died in WW2 had a child which would cure cancer?
it’s probably better to not think about such things.

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
Not only hitler but also the first scientists who came up with the idea of nuclear weapons.

contentItem-3502592-19723651-g6klza59av20e-or.jpg

Emma tenywa

Elite
You could definitely argue that the presence of nukes is what kept us from having a WWIII in the second half of the 20th century...Though I generally do agree with your premise, an interesting topic of discussion.
That's very true, but they have also kept the world under the shadow of utter destruction. And one day, a mad president will surely trigger a nuclear war and the results will be devastating for the whole world

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
You could definitely argue that the presence of nukes is what kept us from having a WWIII in the second half of the 20th century...Though I generally do agree with your premise, an interesting topic of discussion.
I think the USSR would of tried to take a few more areas after the war if we hadn't nuked Japan. You'd have to think they would of wanted Sweden, Finland and Norway and probably would of went ahead and went south to Greece if they felt they could. Stalin was batshit crazy and thought he was saving the world.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I think the USSR would've of tried to take a few more areas after the war if we hadn't nuked Japan. You'd have to think they would've of wanted Sweden, Finland and Norway and probably would of went ahead and went south to Greece if they felt they could. Stalin was batshit crazy and thought he was saving the world.

Yeah, I definitely see it playing out like that. Then who knows if we end up in a huge war between western europe and the USSR sometime in the decades after WWII. Also, would the Soviet Union ever have fallen?

Also, my grammar nazi ass had to finally FIFY. Lol

Emma tenywa

Elite
I think the USSR would of tried to take a few more areas after the war if we hadn't nuked Japan. You'd have to think they would of wanted Sweden, Finland and Norway and probably would of went ahead and went south to Greece if they felt they could. Stalin was batshit crazy and thought he was saving the world.
There's a story of the japanese facing a dilema of to whom they should surrender, as US continued its air raids and facing Stalin's land invasion. By a wrong choice, Japan's northern island by now would be part of Russia i think

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
There's a story of the japanese facing a dilema of to whom they should surrender, as US continued its air raids and facing Stalin's land invasion. By a wrong choice, Japan's northern island by now would be part of Russia i think

Imagine the shithole Japan would be today had they chosen to surrender to Russia, instead of the economic superpower they quickly became over the last 50 or so years.

D

Deleted member 2886

Yeah man, I've come across that info as well.

On the subject brought up by @hmt5000 regarding nukes,...there was a document (I could be mistaken, though I'm reasonably certain it was uploaded by @FreeMiner in the DYCA thread roughly a month or two back) which details some US military officials accounts of how the Soviets managed to get their hands, on the then, up to date US developed nuclear data & technology via certain traitorous high ranking US officials smuggling shit under the cover of the lend lease act.

It is/was a very interesting read, imo.

#(Hoping Mr Freeminer might still have it handy and possibly wouldn't mind sharing it here.)

Emma tenywa

Elite
Yeah man, I've come across that info as well.

On the subject brought up by @hmt5000 regarding nukes,...there was a document (I could be mistaken, though I'm reasonably certain it was uploaded by @FreeMiner in the DYCA thread roughly a month or two back) which details some US military officials accounts of how the Soviets managed to get their hands, on the then, up to date US developed nuclear data & technology via certain traitorous high ranking US officials smuggling shit under the cover of the lend lease act.

It is/was a very interesting read, imo.

#(Hoping Mr Freeminer might still have it handy and possibly wouldn't mind sharing it here.)
They chose the lesser evil

Emma tenywa

Elite
I'd prefer to go as far back in time, to the day of his conception. Then i give his father a condom or a good kick in the groin area so that he does not erect for the next two three days. No need to shed blood yet you can avoid everything

MalO

Elite
If he was killed before he got into politics he wouldn't be remembered as a martyr. He would just be forgotten as a nobody.

But I wonder if things would be better or worse as a result.

It might delay a global war but would it prevent it? And what would happen if nukes were developed before WW2 happened?

Emma tenywa

Elite
If he was killed before he got into politics he wouldn't be remembered as a martyr. He would just be forgotten as a nobody.

But I wonder if things would be better or worse as a result.

It might delay a global war but would it prevent it? And what would happen if nukes were developed before WW2 happened?
America,england,france would all be a radioactive pile of rubble.

fschmidt

Poster
If I went back in time and killed Hitler then my parents wouldn't have met and I wouldn't have been born, in which case I couldn't go back in time and kill Hitler. That's the problem with questions like this.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
It's easy to say yes but keep in mind that Hitler would go down as at least a martyr and you would be looked at as at least scum.
Yeah ya kill him deadnand dealxw nightmares any figure out a way for God to help you out where you drinking too mushrooms

Top Bottom