Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hotshot Firefighters

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
The YouTube algorithm gave me some videos on the Granite Mountain Hotshots Yarnell fire and I jumped down the rabbit hole. I watched this video and was blown away at what these people go through. I knew it was hard, dirty, and extremely dangerous but I didn't know how much I didn't know about them.

It's 25 minutes long but very enlightening.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Only the Brave was a movie about this. terrible title but a surprisingly decent movie
I watched some clips from it and a lot of the comments echoed what you said about the quality of the movie. I have added it my list of movies to watch.

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
Have a cousin who does this. He lives in Reno, so he gets to fight the fires in N. Cali every year.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Wife had an uncle that did this…..to say he was crazy/insane was putting it mildly….but got damn if he didn’t have the best stories.

9Mounties07

Elite
The YouTube algorithm gave me some videos on the Granite Mountain Hotshots Yarnell fire and I jumped down the rabbit hole. I watched this video and was blown away at what these people go through. I knew it was hard, dirty, and extremely dangerous but I didn't know how much I didn't know about them.

It's 25 minutes long but very enlightening.

You see the movie Only The Brave?

RHT 3

Elite
Your avg small town or volunteer firefighter has no idea what fighting fires is. Those dudes there do some wild shit. Respek!
I fixed it for you.

Those guys are crazy no doubt. Wildland fires are horrible, as I've been in a few here in Florida.

Its a different type of firefighting.

But I promise you, being in a super ass hot building, smoke too thick to see through, heat starting to burn through your safety gear, and trying to put out the fire ain't no fun either.

Thankfully I mostly just played video games and grab ass with the fellas on duty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom