Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GDP growth at 2.6%, Annua... you dont know that is. Take my word for it.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
So bad for a long time but good for a short time.

Kind of like Gas prices going up $3 / gallon but coming back fdown $1 / gallon. They are still up $2 gallon.

Inflation is the #1 concern for Americans at this moment. Sleepy Joe needs to show the people that he is concerned about their rapidly rising grocery and energy bills.

BigBucnNole

Elite
So bad for a long time but good for a short time.

Kind of like Gas prices going up $3 / gallon but coming back fdown $1 / gallon. They are still up $2 gallon.

Inflation is the #1 concern for Americans at this moment. Sleepy Joe needs to show the people that he is concerned about their rapidly rising grocery and energy bills.

When was it bad?

BigBucnNole

Elite
The first half of the year. The headline says that it "bounced back". Maybe it bounced back from being good?

It wasn't necessarily terrible, i agree. But the headline uses bounced back so that doesn't exactly exude a good connotation.

You know why GDP was negative?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Well…..call me crazy BUT I will wait for *Corrected figures to come out. Before I start to celebrate!

Now who wants to bet that they come back and adjust this number downward? @FatBucdCuckedNole ? 🤣🤣👍👍

BigBucnNole

Elite
Well…..call me crazy BUT I will wait for *Corrected figures to come out. Before I start to celebrate!

Now who wants to bet that they come back and adjust this number downward? @FatBucdCuckedNole ? 🤣🤣👍👍

Why they adjusting it down?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Why they adjusting it down?
For the same reason the reported low on it and unemployment under Trump........

Only to "REVISE" those number later (each time)..... BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT.

But to answer yore STUPID/FAKE question, b/c all the market people go crazy on the exact day of release......

Its literally FAKE NEWS 101.....put it out for the immediate RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE (in this case trying to spin things are better than they are before the FAKE ELECTIONS) and to push an agenda.

So are you pretending to be an economist/markets guy today?

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Be curious where the revision comes. Hard to believe the economy did better this quarter than the last 2. I guess maybe oil and gas exports might of bumped us up.

sanction

Legendary
Founder
The Elites decided to destroy America.

They cheated and installed Simple Jack Joe as President.

Your economic prowess is as useful as a turd in a punch
bowl in determining what may or may not happen.

You are a victim whether you realize it or not. Your elementary economic trolling attempts are comical.

Just try to be normal. I know your ego will have a difficult
time with that vision but try.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Probably not ever so.... but I follow it. I'm not as smart as you. Hell. I thought inflation would continue to be problem through the fall and winter and into next year. You thought it was transitory and you definitely hit that.

How do you not think it is transitory? You one of these tards that think 8% yoy is permanent?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
How do you not think it is transitory? You one of these tards that think 8% yoy is permanent?

Transitory, when the fed first referred to it, was 3-4 months and when inflation was 4%. A year later and inflation doubled to an 8% rate.

So while it may not be permanent, its been here a lot longer than almost anyone anticipated. Its decimating personal savings and its decimating the lower class with increased food and energy bills. The democrats seem oblivious to this as they proposed spending another $1.8 trillion that was only blocked by one democratic senator. Joe Biden is giving away more money through handouts on student loans (or at least trying to).

This is why you will see the red wave in less than two weeks. If democrats had shown the slightest amount of concern they probably could have held onto the senate. But they didn't and they won't.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
What is a gross domestic product?
Its the total value of product produced by the United States.

Cant tell if you are trolling or trying to have a real conversation. I am one of the few people on here that will try to give you a real conversation.

Rube Reaper

Elite
If inflation is only 8% then I'm the pope.
It’s significantly less than 8%.

These ghouls are pumping up the numbers to hurt President Biden. Can’t have the most successful president of all time being a Democrat or getting a 2nd term.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/credit-card-interest-rates-debt-inflation/

Searing inflation is driving Americans to make more purchases on their credit cards, leading leading them to amass more debt that is becoming costlier as the Federal Reserve hikes interest rates.

Early in the pandemic, many families had more cash on hand as they cut their spending on things like dining out and as the federal government rolled out a range of financial assistance programs, such as stimulus checks. That helped them pay off billions in credit card debt.

As of the second quarter, Americans owed $887 billion in credit card debt, up 13% from the year-ago period. Nearly six in 10 Americans who earn less than $50,000 a year carry a credit card balance from month to month, according to CreditCards.com.

"The Fed's decision to raise interest rates is going to continue to impact people with credit card debt because that means their interest rates are rising and they owe more as a result," Bhattarai said.

BigBucnNole

Elite
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/credit-card-interest-rates-debt-inflation/

Searing inflation is driving Americans to make more purchases on their credit cards, leading leading them to amass more debt that is becoming costlier as the Federal Reserve hikes interest rates.

Early in the pandemic, many families had more cash on hand as they cut their spending on things like dining out and as the federal government rolled out a range of financial assistance programs, such as stimulus checks. That helped them pay off billions in credit card debt.

As of the second quarter, Americans owed $887 billion in credit card debt, up 13% from the year-ago period. Nearly six in 10 Americans who earn less than $50,000 a year carry a credit card balance from month to month, according to CreditCards.com.

"The Fed's decision to raise interest rates is going to continue to impact people with credit card debt because that means their interest rates are rising and they owe more as a result," Bhattarai said.

lol @ CBS

Here's the actual growth in credit card debt:

fredgraph.png

Looks terrifying.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Have a CBS link or nah?

View attachment 145785
I got a cnn link that says household debt rose to it's highest level in 2021 since 2007... We know how 2008 turned out with a little inflation. And that goes to 2021.... You may have not noticed but the inflation has cut into savings and disposable income this year. You aren't one of those rich dudes that doesn't realize everyone doesn't have a 6 figure income right? I mean... Median income is like $60000 or something. $4 gas, 8% mortgage rates and 8%+ inflation on everything hurts those people... median speaking.

R.18b38cd53588ea76100b5664cc5555f8

I'm obviously not a keynesian. I look at this chart and see bad chit happening. I look at that chart and correlate that to the inflation we are seeing and I see bad stuff continuing to happen. $55 billion more to Ukraine though. Maybe we'll nuke ourselves before we find out if you can print too much money?

BigBucnNole

Elite
I got a cnn link that says household debt rose to it's highest level in 2021 since 2007...

That would be a lie?

fredgraph (4).png

I don't know wat the rest of your nonsense post says outside of not having a clue for basic economics.

Do you have even a most rudimentary idea of how 2008 happened????

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
That would be a lie?

View attachment 145788

I don't know wat the rest of your nonsense post says outside of not having a clue for basic economics.

Do you have even a most rudimentary idea of how 2008 happened????
Nope. You're just wayyyy smarter than me. The economy is doing awesome. Inflation is barely up. Interest rates and national debt don't matter. Lets all buy more stocks and smoke a cigar.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Nope. You're just wayyyy smarter than me. The economy is doing awesome. Inflation is barely up. Interest rates and national debt don't matter. Lets all buy more stocks and smoke a cigar.

You got nothing? Why's it bad? Everything you've said shows to be wrong. Seems a case of when "doing your own research" goes wrong.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
You got nothing? Why's it bad? Everything you've said shows to be wrong. Seems a case of when "doing your own research" goes wrong.
I agree. I am probably incapable of understanding how inflation could affect 2/3rds of the country. I'll just monitor this thread going forward for more wisdom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom