Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Does anyone here actually still believe in Darwin's theory?

I believe in Darwin's Theory of Evolution

• Yes - I am capable of learning, but never done actual research on subject

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Yes - but I follow people blindly and claim everything is racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - but I have no idea why

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No - I know can defend this position

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

yankmenoodle

Elite
Once geologic time gets involved, it makes sense.

People that read the Bible cant get over a day to us COULD be different from a day to God. I still have faith, but what about the dinosaurs and aliens?

It will be one of my first questions if I ever get a Q&A with the Good Lord.
The Ten Commandments. God said man would work six days and rest the seventh. Numbers 20 I think. Clearly God's standard to a day is a 24 hour day.
There's plenty of evidence dinosaurs and man lived together.
Aliens, I believe are demons. Fallen angels. They're usually reptilian....serpent...garden of eden.

casfoto

Poster
Zoroastrianism. Even my Christian friends understand this.
Religion will always be with us. Trying to explain what we are and why we are here is an eternal subject. The Upanishads (To sit and listen) Sanskrit, are filled with lessons. Confusious came out with the Golden Rule. And it goes on and on. Darwin actually helped us understand ourselves and his theory is still standing. I think if he had the advantage of understanding cellular structure and DNA/RNA (and not afraid of the Church) he would have pushed the idea instead of sitting on it all those years. We are still discussing this subject. If it was not important..we woud not be talking about it. It certainly led to other great discoveries. There have been huge advances since his theory came out. Most are scientific. The only question that I have had is did his idea help us evolve spiritually? Or are we evolving spiritually. By the look of things at present I am doubting it.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Religion will always be with us. Trying to explain what we are and why we are here is an eternal subject. The Upanishads (To sit and listen) Sanskrit, are filled with lessons. Confusious came out with the Golden Rule. And it goes on and on. Darwin actually helped us understand ourselves and his theory is still standing. I think if he had the advantage of understanding cellular structure and DNA/RNA (and not afraid of the Church) he would have pushed the idea instead of sitting on it all those years. We are still discussing this subject. If it was not important..we woud not be talking about it. It certainly led to other great discoveries. There have been huge advances since his theory came out. Most are scientific. The only question that I have had is did his idea help us evolve spiritually? Or are we evolving spiritually. By the look of things at present I am doubting it.

Define: I'm drunk.

Will think on these things later. Good evening.

Viking

Legendary
Founder
That first f
Yes I’ve read the copy cat book. It’s a fun read.
I don't appreciate your condescending tone. Not one mother fucking bit. It's called the Holy Bible you ignorant prick. Not very Christian of me I know. The shield maiden is always getting on me about my temper. But some shit just gets my gander up. SKOL!

Sikness23245

Elite
That first f

I don't appreciate your condescending tone. Not one mother fucking bit. It's called the Holy Bible you ignorant prick. Not very Christian of me I know. The shield maiden is always getting on me about my temper. But some shit just gets my gander up. SKOL!

Lol it's funny when the right becomes the left.

Viking

Legendary
Founder
Sounds to me exactly like the PC crowd telling me what is and isn't funny.
What are trying to say? i had a problem with what he said and how he said it and called him out on it. i am not ignoring him or asking to have his head on a pike. I'm not censoring just calling it out. What's your fucking beef?

casfoto

Poster
That first f

Thats exactly what I expected. And hence my comment about understanding what Christ said. Its obvious that we have followed the Holy Bible to the T with all the horrors that we have inflicted on people throughout the ages. .. My point is that for 2000 years of Christianity we have nothing but horror. War. Constant murdering. Brutality. Money money money. Read "The Reformation" by Will Durant. Look at the St Bartholmews massacre, or the many books on the last 2000 years. I remember seeing a program on WW1 when on the border of France and Gemmany the French went to mass at the Cathedral first and the enemy, the Germans were allowed to atend the second service. Then the battle of the Somme started and they murdered each other with great appetite.
Christ talked about love and compassion. "I want compassion....not sacrifices". The message has been clear from day one but it seems to be illusive.The churches get bigger with their tithes but nothing seems to change.
I remember when Bush/Cheney were pushing for war against Iraq which was an obvious rouse to anyone that was reading the story as it unfolded and with Collin Powell et all saying they had weapons of mass destruction (which he wished he had not done)....(Madeline Albright said it was worth it to have 500,000 Iraqi children die from lack of medical supplies, bitch)..when most countries agreed that this was not correct. Scott Ritter being played the fool by the CIA and State department...only to find out later, after the terrible death and suffering of mostly Iraqi civilians, he was proved right...but this all fits the last 20 years of "Terror" and the Terrorists...and the enemy Terror. More Terror. And then Bush is a man of God and beiieves in Christianity. I never could find out which part of what Christ said in the first four gospels what motivated him to do what he did. And then the funny part when Obummer (Nobel Peace Prize winner) puts a Medal of Freedom on Bush and said he had to do what he knew had to be done???X@#?

There were churches here that the prechers came out and said that this was a just war. I kept thinking that maybe they needed to rethink this issue..and I then thought "I aint going to that church". Or were they preaching to those that liked their sermon.

So, I am not trying to be condescending. I am just asking questions. Specific questions of Christs great Sermon on the Mount. My understanding of the Logos of Christ and what was intended....and then,what happened. What has happened is what I can not relate to Christs message. Maybe I am missing something.

Top Bottom