Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
oh-for.gif

^^anyone think Benji is ready to go postal?^^

bull-shit.gif

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
^^more religion of peace?^^

girlconfused-confused.gif

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
ac%C3%A1-escondi%C3%A9ndome-de-t%C3%AD.gif

^^cat fight^^

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
oh-for.gif

^^anyone think Benji is ready to go postal?^^

bull-shit.gif
Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE), Western Equine Encephalitis (WEE), West Nile Virus (more recent) and many other mosquito transmitted viruses have been around forever. I remember a couple of people getting these every year while growing up. All the cities did when these were diagnosed is fog the area of town they were discovered in. Nobody said anything about lockdowns, or isolations then and it's bullshit now.

I dealt with these same mosquito viruses when working as a virologist in the Virus Lab at the Texas Dept of Health in the 1970s. Mosquitos were collected by local health departments in traps and sent to us for testing. We did that weekly during mosquito season.

orng_blud

Legendary
Founder

'Uncharted waters': Experts suggest Trump’s looming sentence could include prison time​

Story by Carl Gibson
• 7h • 3 min read

Republican presidential candidate, former U.S. President Donald Trump attends a pre-trial hearing at Manhattan Criminal Court on February 15, 2024 in New York City. (Photo by Steven Hirsch-Pool/Getty Images)

Republican presidential candidate, former U.S. President Donald Trump attends a pre-trial hearing at Manhattan Criminal Court on February 15, 2024 in New York City. (Photo by Steven Hirsch-Pool/Getty Images)© provided by AlterNet
On September 18 — just 48 days before the election — former President Donald Trump is due to appear in Manhattan, where he will be sentenced for 34 felony convictions. Some criminal justice experts believe the ex-president could very well end up behind bars.

Newsweek reported that University of California-Berkeley law professor John Yoo, who served in former President George W. Bush's Department of Justice, said Judge Juan Merchan may very well include a stretch of prison time when handing down his sentence. However, he noted that incarcerating the 2024 Republican presidential nominee could be seen as an overtly political move that could favor Trump in the appeals process.

"He could have exercised his discretion here to change the sentencing date. But instead, he actually moved it closer to the beginning of absentee voting in my home state of Pennsylvania," Yoo told Fox News.

After a jury found the former president guilty on all 34 class E felony counts in May, Merchan moved Trump's sentencing date from July to September after the Supreme Court ruled that Trump had absolute broad criminal immunity for official presidential acts. And earlier this month, prosecutors with Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office deferred to Merchan to decide whether to delay sentencing Trump even further, pushing it out until after the November election.

Class E felonies don't require prison time in New York, but Merchan has the discretion to sentence Trump to as many as 20 years behind bars. Because Trump is a 78 year-old first-time offender, Syracuse University law professor Greg Germain said he didn't think Merchan would send the 45th president of the United States to a New York state prison.

"If Merchan sentenced him to jail in the middle of the election for this records violation, I think the courts would do whatever is necessary to prevent it. We'd be in uncharted waters," Germain said. "But I don't think Merchan will sentence him to jail. I think there were serious problems with the case and it should be reversed on appeal in due order without upsetting the election cycle."

Whether Trump ends up actually wearing a prison jumpsuit before or after the election could depend on how Merchan views Trump's level of respect for the criminal justice system, according to his former defendants. Earlier this year, several people who Merchan sentenced in the past described the jurist as tough but even-keeled, provided those who appeared before him respected the process.

READ MORE: Defendants in Merchan's courtroom say toughness of sentences depends on level of 'respect'

"It seemed to me that [Merchan] was like, if you at least seem apologetic for the crime you did, he would be more lenient," felony defendant Andrew Rossig told the Daily Beast. "I don’t ever remember saying to myself, ‘This judge is ridiculous and I‘m going to jail for the rest of my life.’ It was more like, ‘Treat him with respect and he’ll be fair."

But given that Trump repeatedly violated a gag order Merchan issued during the trial to prevent the ex-president from attacking jurors, witnesses, court staff or their families (including Merchan's daughter), he may opt for a tougher sentence. Yoo cautioned that a prison sentence could have political ramifications.

"Could you imagine what would happen if Judge Merchan sentenced Donald Trump to jail time, even though he's a first time nonviolent offender?" Yoo said. "What if Judge Merchan even went crazier and said, Donald Trump doesn't even get to stay out of jail while his case is on appeal? He has the power to actually order Donald Trump sent to jail immediately, although I expect he wouldn't."

"But this judge has used his discretion every time to try to force this trial in a political direction that will have an effect on the election," he added.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder

'Uncharted waters': Experts suggest Trump’s looming sentence could include prison time​

Story by Carl Gibson
• 7h • 3 min read

Republican presidential candidate, former U.S. President Donald Trump attends a pre-trial hearing at Manhattan Criminal Court on February 15, 2024 in New York City. (Photo by Steven Hirsch-Pool/Getty Images)

Republican presidential candidate, former U.S. President Donald Trump attends a pre-trial hearing at Manhattan Criminal Court on February 15, 2024 in New York City. (Photo by Steven Hirsch-Pool/Getty Images)© provided by AlterNet
On September 18 — just 48 days before the election — former President Donald Trump is due to appear in Manhattan, where he will be sentenced for 34 felony convictions. Some criminal justice experts believe the ex-president could very well end up behind bars.

Newsweek reported that University of California-Berkeley law professor John Yoo, who served in former President George W. Bush's Department of Justice, said Judge Juan Merchan may very well include a stretch of prison time when handing down his sentence. However, he noted that incarcerating the 2024 Republican presidential nominee could be seen as an overtly political move that could favor Trump in the appeals process.

"He could have exercised his discretion here to change the sentencing date. But instead, he actually moved it closer to the beginning of absentee voting in my home state of Pennsylvania," Yoo told Fox News.

After a jury found the former president guilty on all 34 class E felony counts in May, Merchan moved Trump's sentencing date from July to September after the Supreme Court ruled that Trump had absolute broad criminal immunity for official presidential acts. And earlier this month, prosecutors with Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office deferred to Merchan to decide whether to delay sentencing Trump even further, pushing it out until after the November election.

Class E felonies don't require prison time in New York, but Merchan has the discretion to sentence Trump to as many as 20 years behind bars. Because Trump is a 78 year-old first-time offender, Syracuse University law professor Greg Germain said he didn't think Merchan would send the 45th president of the United States to a New York state prison.

"If Merchan sentenced him to jail in the middle of the election for this records violation, I think the courts would do whatever is necessary to prevent it. We'd be in uncharted waters," Germain said. "But I don't think Merchan will sentence him to jail. I think there were serious problems with the case and it should be reversed on appeal in due order without upsetting the election cycle."

Whether Trump ends up actually wearing a prison jumpsuit before or after the election could depend on how Merchan views Trump's level of respect for the criminal justice system, according to his former defendants. Earlier this year, several people who Merchan sentenced in the past described the jurist as tough but even-keeled, provided those who appeared before him respected the process.

READ MORE: Defendants in Merchan's courtroom say toughness of sentences depends on level of 'respect'

"It seemed to me that [Merchan] was like, if you at least seem apologetic for the crime you did, he would be more lenient," felony defendant Andrew Rossig told the Daily Beast. "I don’t ever remember saying to myself, ‘This judge is ridiculous and I‘m going to jail for the rest of my life.’ It was more like, ‘Treat him with respect and he’ll be fair."

But given that Trump repeatedly violated a gag order Merchan issued during the trial to prevent the ex-president from attacking jurors, witnesses, court staff or their families (including Merchan's daughter), he may opt for a tougher sentence. Yoo cautioned that a prison sentence could have political ramifications.

"Could you imagine what would happen if Judge Merchan sentenced Donald Trump to jail time, even though he's a first time nonviolent offender?" Yoo said. "What if Judge Merchan even went crazier and said, Donald Trump doesn't even get to stay out of jail while his case is on appeal? He has the power to actually order Donald Trump sent to jail immediately, although I expect he wouldn't."

"But this judge has used his discretion every time to try to force this trial in a political direction that will have an effect on the election," he added.
Merchan deserves ZERO respect.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
@MortgageHorn, depending on how things turn out in November, this may be looking like a better and better alternative. Truly hooping not though😬

I was just about to post that I'm sitting here in the best weather in the world, surrounded by the most beautiful girls in the world, watching college football for free on all the streaming services here (yea fuck you ATT/Direct TV), enjoying a nice glass of wine, and following the game I've got a 2 hour tennis lesson with my pro that will cost me all of $15 where at the Houstonian in H-Town it would set me back $200.

Life is good and truly blessed.

Without a doubt likely the best city on the planet.

It would be an honor to host all of you deplorables down here.

Here are some more photos - the one you posted is incredible.

Here are a few more -

By Day
1724522556193.png

By Dusk
1724522641876.png

By Night
1724522728138.png

Outskirts of MDE1724522903441.png

Downtown
medellin-offers-a-higher-quality-of-life-than-other-cities-in-latin-america.jpg

The Cable Cars

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

The Lake
colombia-and-experience.jpg

And To My LAC Brothers and Sisters

1724523522707.png

I'll Even Make Sure to Have Mr. Julio Drop Off a Case "1942 & Setenta" So We're Fully Stocked!!

1724523651737.png

WWG1WGA!

9Mounties07

Elite
I was just about to post that I'm sitting here in the best weather in the world, surrounded by the most beautiful girls in the world, watching college football for free on all the streaming services here (yea fuck you ATT/Direct TV), enjoying a nice glass of wine, and following the game I've got a 2 hour tennis lesson with my pro that will cost me all of $15 where at the Houstonian in H-Town it would set me back $200.

Life is good and truly blessed.

Without a doubt likely the best city on the planet.

It would be an honor to host all of you deplorables down here.

Here are some more photos - the one you posted is incredible.

Here are a few more -

By Day
View attachment 221518

By Dusk
View attachment 221519

By Night
View attachment 221521

Outskirts of MDEView attachment 221523

Downtown
medellin-offers-a-higher-quality-of-life-than-other-cities-in-latin-america.jpg

The Cable Cars

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

The Lake
colombia-and-experience.jpg

And To My LAC Brothers and Sisters

View attachment 221527

I'll Even Make Sure to Have Mr. Julio Drop Off a Case "1942 & Setenta" So We're Fully Stocked!!

View attachment 221528

WWG1WGA!
Gorgeous man

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
Florida State gave Georgia Tech all they could handle today, but just came up short.
As a Georgia fan, I should have been pulling for FSU, but after seeing all of the excuses they made after Georgia handed them the worst loss in bowl game history at the Orange Bowl, I was happy to see Tech get the win.

Latest posts

Top Bottom