Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder

Mullin dismisses Harris campaign momentum as ‘honeymoon phase’​

The Hill
Sarah Fortinsky
August 11, 2024 at 10:42 AM
2fab884befb9fbadbb59cbf6044ed406

Sen. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) on Sunday dismissed Vice President Harris’s recent enthusiasm boost in the polls as a “honeymoon phase.”
In an interview on NewsNation’s “The Hill Sunday” with Chris Stirewalt, Mullin denied that Democrats were now in the lead in the presidential race.
“Oh, absolutely not. All this is a little bit of a honeymoon phase with Harris,” Mullin said. “She still hasn’t taken any questions from media. She’s done no interviews whatsoever, and she’s hiding from her record. You have to answer those questions at some point.”
A recent poll showed Harris outperforming Trump on the question of which candidate “cares about people like you.” Asked whether it’s fair to say that Trump is “more focused on personal attacks on his rival than reconnecting with persuadable voters,” Mullin said, “I don’t think so.”

“What you’re seeing is President Trump continuing to go out there and tell his message, and when he gets attacked or people are coming against him, he will defend himself. He always has.”
The Hill and Decision Desk HQ’s national polling average shows Trump and Harris neck and neck, with Trump averaging 47.6 percent support and Harris averaging 47.2 percent support.
NewsNation is owned by Nexstar Media Group, which also owns The Hill.
Copyright 2024 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
It’s 100% bullshit. End of discussion.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
^^heaven forbid Steph's wife and Draymond have to wait with the common folk as Macron goes by^^

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

^^no shit^^

^^will the cackler tell the IRS to stop taking taxes out of tips^^

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
Even as we speak people are combing through Walz interview after Walz interview
All of his state appearances
We have 20 years of material
Do they really think he only made these claims a few times?
Drip dip

1723458788466.png

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
There are reports Tim Walz was in China for two years. AND, he was in the Minnesota National Guard for 24 years. Was in in China WHILE he was in the National Guard? Lemme know.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Just bought a modest birthday card at Publix the other day. $4.69.

I highly doubt it cost more than $0.05 back when people made $21K a year.

I respectfully disagree it’s all relative…
Grocery stores then didn't have bakeries. If you wanted a cake, you made it yourself or went to a bakery. I worked in a grocery store during HS. There was the store, a meat market and a deli. No bakery. You could buy twinkies and ho-hos on the dessert aisle but no cakes. The only health insurance you heard about was BC-BS and few had it. If you got sick, you made an appt, went to the ER or the MD came to your house around 8-9 PM after working all day. You paid him cash or he sent you a bill. Yes, it is relative.

GarneT&GolD1978

Finer Things Club President
Founder
Grocery stores then didn't have bakeries. If you wanted a cake, you made it yourself or went to a bakery. I worked in a grocery store during HS. There was the store, a meat market and a deli. No bakery. You could buy twinkies and ho-hos on the dessert aisle but no cakes. The only health insurance you heard about was BC-BS and few had it. If you got sick, you made an appt, went to the ER or the MD came to your house around 8-9 PM after working all day. You paid him cash or he sent you a bill. Yes, it is relative.
I also had to spend $28.98 on a 6 pack (“family pack”) of chicken breasts (again at Publix). Not greenwise, but their normal shit. That’s almost $5 per breast.

My generation is living in a time where chicken breast is some prized dinner option. It’s fucking insane.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...cians-potentially-including-trump/ar-AA1olx12

Asif Merchant, 46, faces a single count of murder for hire after prosecutors say he paid $5,000 to an undercover FBI agent he believed was a hit man, with whom he discussed a complex plot directed at a political figure who Merchant said would be surrounded by security.

This dangerous murder-for-hire plot exposed in today’s charges allegedly was orchestrated by a Pakistani national with close ties to Iran and is straight out of the Iranian playbook,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a statement.

…, Attorney General Merrick Garland said ….

“I don’t think that we have seen the end of this,” he said. “I expect we will hear more.”

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
I also had to spend $28.98 on a 6 pack (“family pack”) of chicken breasts (again at Publix). Not greenwise, but their normal shit. That’s almost $5 per breast.

My generation is living in a time where chicken breast is some prized dinner option. It’s fucking insane.

The biggest shock when I'm in the states is food prices by far.

What you purchased here is $5.48 per Kilogram or 2.2lbs in CO

If you divide $5.48 by 2.2 chicken breast here is $2.19 a pound

You see that you get 4 breast here for $5.48 + 2 more would be $7.67 or $1.28 per breast.

I can get all my groceries delivered for about $1.50

1723466596718.png

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Don't think stuff going on now is limited to your generation. It happens in all generations. Those living during WWI and WWII faced rationing and a dearth of normal items which all went to the war efforts. The 1973 oil embargo caused all sorts of disruptions and inflation. Gas doubled in price overnight and you were limited to 10 gallons per fill up. The prices for all food jumped, including chicken, due to costs and restrictions of energy. The same for the Carter imposed gas crisis of 1979.

Latest posts

Top Bottom