Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Just caught up. Mark me down for not wanting Trump in 2024.

It’s not personal but it is time for the old guys to quit holding office at any level. They can advise or lobby, but they need to not be able to run for office if over 70.

Wait What

Elite
Founder
giphy.gif

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Funny as a white male I am ashamed to have him too.... Who knew we would have something in common
View attachment 9363
Excellent gif placement.

After this story about the Paralympian getting cancelled for his "racist disinformation" I'm ready to move into the mountains, find a nice holler, sell firewood for a living, and only come down to vote.

I'm litter Ali at a loss tonight.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
Excellent gif placement.

After this story about the Paralympian getting cancelled for his "racist disinformation" I'm ready to move into the mountains, find a nice holler, sell firewood for a living, and only come down to vote.

I'm litter Ali at a loss tonight.

the article says several times that he made racist comments. What exactly were the racist comments? I legit don’t see anything I would call racist.

GatorHeffalump

Poster
Founder
what are your thoughts on how the vax was created so quickly, i read animal testing was omitted so we're basically the animal testing stage

and how the manufacturers are shielded with blanket immunity regarding lawsuits in the event of adverse affects

i also read that its not a guarantee one will not contract covid even when the vax was taken

similar to other childhood vaccinations, i received the mmr vaccine and i got both the measles and the mumps

It is a bit of a mixed bag on how quickly the vaccines were created. On one hand, these next generation platforms are "next generation" because they enable more efficient vaccine development, especially for mRNA. You can shave off a ton of time using the mRNA platform (compared to more traditional vaccines) without cutting any required studies/corners. All of the vaccines were tested on animals (e.g. Moderna tested on mice, hamsters and non-human primates), but its more about the extent of those studies and the data that is considered "acceptable". Not nearly as robust as normally would be required and you can get away with a less favorable safety profile from what you do study. Also, the long term data is really an unknown at this point so you could say we are the test subjects on that front.

The immunity for vax companies is probably a necessary evil. In the 1980s law suits were leading to potential vaccine shortages, so a no fault system was set-up where you can still file claims and be compensated for adverse rxns but the manufacturer isn't on the hook. When you push to have every kid vaccinated, there are going to be rare but serious complications unfortunately. It comes down to public health vs personal health and its why i would never fault someone for choosing not to vaccinate.

There is a time lag on all of the vaccines. For the mRNA vaccines it looks like 21 days post-first dose (right around the time of second dose) is when major protection starts to kick in. J&J's looks to be around the same and most of their data was looking at cases 28-days post vaccination. The mRNA studies only looked at symptomatic cases so there is a chance more people got CV-19 and just had no symptoms... its unclear. Its also not fully clear if getting the vaccine prevents you from spreading CV-19, but some of the more recent data seems to say yes, at least for the mRNA platforms. One of the big kickers for the mRNA vaccines is we don't know how effective they are in the people that really need them (65+). Generally vaccines are less effective in older age groups.... the real world data will be interesting.

Top Bottom