Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads
Lina Khan had spent the day doing TV interviews and press conferences defending the administration’s new tough-on-mergers stance. Now the chair of the Federal Trade Commission joined a more hospitable crowd. Squeezed into the corner of a bar steps from the White House, she urged law students not much younger than her to join the growing antitrust movement.

“This is just the very, very, very, very beginning of this work, and we need all of you to be in this movement, to be coming into government, to bring all your skills and talents to bear,” said Khan to whoops and cheers.

Waiting in the wings was an eager Columbia Law School student, Sahaj Sharda. He grasped the mic from Khan.
“Antitrust is like a great lever that lets the small lift up the large, opens new space for new ideas and inventions, enterprises and energy,” he said earnestly. “And you, the lawyers of tomorrow, are the fulcrum from which that lever draws its strength.”
The 34-year-old Khan stood nearby, a smile on her face.
Critics have called it “hipster” antitrust, but make no mistake: Antitrust is hip.
It’s been decades since government regulators were seen as anything but a punch line. Derided on the right as drags on the economy and on the left as rubber stamps for business, those in the federal bureaucracy aren’t accustomed to tributes. Now, as they aim to build an antitrust movement that would transform the economy, they’re on the receiving end of the kind of hero worship on display that summer evening — especially among law students.

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
370005457_10225027648498085_3581868823124792851_n.jpg

ttyh

Legendary
Founder

Just a reminder that if you were wearing a red MAGA hat and doing what the pro-savages “protestors” were doing this weekend then you would, without a doubt, be under a full-blown FBI investigation right now and you’d likely find yourself with a decades long sentence in a gulag. FACT!

ttyh

Legendary
Founder

I agree with Queen Rania’s assertion that antisemitism is being weaponized in order to silence critics and bully people into compliance.That Charlie Kirk, Elon Musk, and Thomas Massie have recently been smeared as antisemites is proof of this charge. This is the same behavior we saw from Black Lives Matter activists when the threat of being labeled a racist or a white supremacist was being used to shut down legitimate questions about the funding and intentions of the organization, which in time proved to be fraudulent.

I have never been a person that is fearful to state the truth and to call out the people and organizations that are engaging in silencing tactics—even when the cost of doing so meant I was caricatured by my own community as a “race traitor.”

We have a right to hear any and every political debate, free from the threat of smears.

My position on this has not and will not shift, ever. More speech. Not less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom