Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
PSA - foam insulation and termites

If you put foam insulation in your walls and have wooden studs, wood molding and/or paneling, paper on drywall and anything else cellulose and termites get into your wall be prepared to pay a lot of money to eliminate the termites.

There is no way to eliminate the termites other than removing the damaged wall, removing the foam, replacing the studs and other damage. That gets very expensive quickly. Not to mention the costs to kill the termites.

In walls with batt insulation, a pest company could poke holes in between the studs and fill the area with termite juice or termite foam. That's impossible with foam insulated walls.

One can also put termite bait stations around the structure. Those work but have limitations.

My suggestion is to treat the studs with a borate solution during construction before foaming the wall voids. Be careful if you plan on having finished concrete floors. Borates stain concrete. Also expect no warranty from the pest control company.

Another thing to consider if building a new home or adding an addition which us pest people are having to deal with of late. Builders like pouring slabs using a criss-cross waffle pattern for the beams They come back later and pour the slab on top of the beams. It does make a solid foundation. However, a new construction technique is to fill the square waffles between the beams with cardboard to support the slab.

Here's the issue. The builder just put all the food termites would ever need under the slab with no way to kill the termites living and eating under the slab. Exterior bait stations may or may not work. Liquid treatment along the exterior wall won't kill those termites under the slab. One could drill through the slab and put termite juice in each waffle square. Lots of $$ to do that and a homeowner with a nice finished slab floor will not like several hundred holes drilled in their slab. Nor would a homeowner with wooden floors.

If building new or an addition, be sure to have in depth discussions with the builder and pest person before beginning.

Thank you. Now go back to emojis and ignore buttons.
You know what I would suggest treating the studs with?

Shirtless black athletes.

U.S. billionaire Elon Musk has made a decision to sell a portion of Starlink assets to the U.S. Department of Defense, according to Walter Isaacson, Musk’s biographer. This move means that Musk will no longer have control over the geofencing restrictions for Ukraine’s access to the satellite internet service.

Isaacson described this as the “right outcome.” By selling and giving total control of certain Starlink equipment and services to the U.S. military, Musk is relinquishing his control over the geofencing and terms of use for the satellite internet service.

Rva

Founder
This is why everyone is so excited about AI. Sure the chat stuff is cool but its most important application will be almost completely eliminating the “waste” in every industry.

The only professions that are likely out of reach for the foreseeable future are highly skilled / skilled labor. Plumbers, electricians, construction, ect.

Add on that manufacturing will in large part be performed via AI & automation as well and it’s easy to see why everyone expects such big things. Labor costs could almost entirely disappear in many phases of the economy.

AI will also help us compensate for the labor shortage we will experience for the next couple of decades.
So how long until you are out of a job?

Pineapple

Legendary
Depends on who defines the destructive and tyrannical.
Many believe a government that allows mass immigration, including many criminals to cross the border free as they please destructive. Many believe a government that gives it citizens less than $1000 after a deadly wildfire, yet gives a foreign entity enough money to pay the retirement plans of a country as tyrannical. Why don’t we do the same thing when when Russia invaded Georgia or Crimean peninsula?
Set a vast majority people thought the election was fraudulent that’s OK with you? I’m sure if people had agreed with Hillary Clinton, and everybody else he was screaming at the previous direction was stolen that was ok.

Like if a majority of the people felt an election was rigged?

And I’m not worried my friend. I live in a great state of Texas, and you know what everyone of us motherfuckers, who were burnt, orange, red and black, gay, maroon, and even rapist green and gold standard Ardalan, and keep that tyrannical government from crossing our border.
And a few years, this country’s gonna Texas more than we need it
We’ll take our oil, our transportation, supports, cotton, and meat supply, and do what we always do, take care of those who needed support each other, and say “fuck you” to those who dare try and take our liberty.
Stop engaging with trolls!

jdgnole

Elite
Founder
The only way to solve this issue is we ALL have to block these fag boys. Period, the end. Then we can get back to work! As @Viking would say — SKOL!
I have had him blocked for a while, and I don’t have any issues with them at all, and people would just not respond to them, but some of them can’t help it

Bulgaria will build a military base for the placement of a multinational NATO combat group by 2025, with a cost exceeding 100 million Bulgarian levs (approximately 55 million dollars).

This was announced by the Minister of Defense of Bulgaria, Todor Tagarev

"Today's economic data confirms the path toward a soft landing, but without being so hot that the Fed thinks they might need to do a couple more rate hikes," said Ross Mayfield, Investment Strategy Analyst at Baird. "All together, it's pretty bullish."

Rva

Founder
I doubt AI will be replacing lawyers anytime soon but maybe 🤔
You did say hey, I would eliminate waste. I know lawyers are the reason everything in the world is expensive and drawn out.
And they put it bluntly unless you’re doing criminal law nobody needs you

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
This is what politicians say when they realize they don't stand a chance in Hades of being re-elected, due to their overwhelming unpopularity. Mitt's ego couldn't take the impending Liz Cheney- level landslide defeat if he were to run again.

Another one brought into the light and utterly destroyed by it.
Saw Scott Adams on Triggernometry podcast make a guess on why politicians refuse to leave... He said that the corruption is sooo bad that if a bunch left all at once and new people came in to see it that they'd be overwhelmed by it and do something. By gradually bringing in new people they get accustomed to the corruption and are already bought by the time they get to the top.

Top Bottom