Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
I got into a discussion with a African American coworker, and what they say is the great migration of AA from south to north in the 40s, 50s, and 60s forced the racism out of the Democratic Party and ended up in the Republican Party.
Example is most of the Georgia Republican Party leaders like kemp, newt, and others were once democrats.
Not saying this is factual, but there’s no trying to convince a AA democrat of this false belief. Even the video you referenced.
You tried to present facts to a liberal. So…

Powell realizes that there is no reason to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. All indications suggest we will see new highs by the end of the year.

Last edited:
More people need to understand this:

“They would rather step over Trump’s dead political body than save the republic. In so doing, they will never have power again, even if they regain it. They will be vassals of the state apparatus, nothing more …”

No shit.

If Trump doesn’t find a way to win this election then the GOP is going to need a decade of image rehab and even that might not be enough. The limiting reagent is how long do boomers tie the GOP to the failed policies of old.

Desantis is a complete idiot. You can’t invade Mexico just because they have criminals in their country.

No wonder he doesn’t support Ukraine! He thinks just like a communist Russian.

Phillip McKraken

Legendary
Founder
I got into a discussion with a African American coworker, and what they say is the great migration of AA from south to north in the 40s, 50s, and 60s forced the racism out of the Democratic Party and ended up in the Republican Party.
Example is most of the Georgia Republican Party leaders like kemp, newt, and others were once democrats.
Not saying this is factual, but there’s no trying to convince a AA democrat of this false belief. Even the video you referenced.
That was 60-80 years ago. Things change. I think that is adequate time to reevaluate that position.

That was 60-80 years ago. Things change. I think that is adequate time to reevaluate that position.
Nothing has changed though. Democrats still look down on black Americans and the GOP can’t be bothered with them because they are too busy crying about communists dying in Ukraine or a particular state’s abortion laws.

Both parties appeal to special interest groups / grievance because when they work together (bipartisan infrastructure law, Inflation Reduction Act, CHIPS Act) too much gets done for them to be able to maintain their narratives about the “other side”. Therefore, they only work when they are forced to by their own interests in the national success.

Latest posts

Top Bottom