Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

CJB1950

Elite
Founder
I know this was posted earlier, but I am officially out on DeSantis. He's taken very disappointing positions the last 2 weeks. He won't regain my trust.

So I know cycles, ebbs and flows. But I grew up on the beach where we could fit 4 volleyball courts from our house across the beach. Now normal high tides are touching the backyard. I've come a long way to changing my views on "global warming". But have to ask - is the issue that throwing money at it won't solve anything and the earth will continue to do what it does? Or are we denying rising sea levels?

TheRealJohnCooper

💎
Founder
So I know cycles, ebbs and flows. But I grew up on the beach where we could fit 4 volleyball courts from our house across the beach. Now normal high tides are touching the backyard. I've come a long way to changing my views on "global warming". But have to ask - is the issue that throwing money at it won't solve anything and the earth will continue to do what it does? Or are we denying rising sea levels?
If the sea levels were rising like you claim, most beach houses would be underwater already.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I know this was posted earlier, but I am officially out on DeSantis. He's taken very disappointing positions the last 2 weeks. He won't regain my trust.

Nonsensical on his part, but those are 5 year old comments, not the last few weeks. Certainly no worse than Trump hosting a homosexual gala at Mara Lago, nor still pushing his killshot.

IMO, DeSantis is trying to stake out a not-Trump campaign, and is listening to all the wrong people. Just as Trump surrounded himself with the deep state from the beginning and continues to do so. Fact is, there is no decent candidate, nor will their be. The Indian guy says all the right things, but ultimately, no one is voting for a Hindu who appeared from nowhere 15 minutes ago.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

CJB1950

Elite
Founder
If the sea levels were rising like you claim, most beach houses would be underwater already.

Like I claim? You saying I'm not seeing what I see? Or it's just specific to coastal San Diego?

I have video of 4 volleyball courts across in the mid 70s.

yPRTtrk.jpeg

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I see picture after picture from the past with water levels exactly where they are now. I go to the beach - Isle of Palms near Charleston - and stayed in the same place almost every year for ~25 years. If the high tide is closer to the house now than 25 years ago, it's not much. Pictures of the ocean now look just like the ocean in the 1990s.

If there had been several feet of ocean rising, it would happen everywhere, not just one place. It ain't happening. The scientists John Stossel had on his global warming debate (it wasn't a debate, because no one would show up to defend "climate change") said the ocean is rising slightly and has been doing so for hundreds of years.

Pineapple

Legendary
Like I claim? You saying I'm not seeing what I see? Or it's just specific to coastal San Diego?

I have video of 4 volleyball courts across in the mid 70s.

yPRTtrk.jpeg
What are your thoughts? Let’s say they are rising? Then what?

What’s interesting is that in some areas they show it rising and in others the water level is the same.

Whatever one wants to believe, either side, there is data to support it.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Key donors considering backing Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ rumored run for the presidency in 2024 are already second-guessing his chances against former President Donald Trump, according to a new report.

NBC News reported last week that DeSantis may be “missing his moment” as tensions rise with Trump, citing a luncheon event in Palm Beach, Florida, that featured 16 prominent Republican donors who “liked him,” but have deep concerns surrounding his recent attacks on Trump and doubts about whether he can handle the reigning GOP heavyweight in a primary fist fight.

FreeMiner

Legendary

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

FreeMiner

Legendary
How the US Petro Dollar Dies. And huge US Deficit spending will whither.
Huge Saudi/China Deal to be settled in Yuan. Saudi will build huge Chinese Refinery and take a 10% stake in Chinese Oil Company. They had agreed just weeks ago to China buying 25% of all oil Saudi produces annually.
Bottom dropping out fast.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder

That's called erosion not rising sea levels.

Same shit happens up and down every beach in the world.

The coastlines made of rock like parts of Western Mexico or parts of Hawaii that I've visited don't show that erosion becasue it takes a lot longer to erode rock versus the sand/dirt along the gulf coast and coast of Florida.

In fact many lenders will not lend on properties close to these areas of erosion becasue anything below the vegetation line is publicly owned land by the state and they effectively lose their collateral.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
How the US Petro Dollar Dies. And huge US Deficit spending will whither.
Huge Saudi/China Deal to be settled in Yuan. Saudi will build huge Chinese Refinery and take a 10% stake in Chinese Oil Company. They had agreed just weeks ago to China buying 25% of all oil Saudi produces annually.
Bottom dropping out fast.

The entire economy is collapsing right now. Banking system on fire, commercial real estate is falling, and several countries are actively leaving the petrodollar. Slash spending in DC right now or it's over.

Top Bottom