Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
He has some interesting things to say that are not directly about the war in Ukraine, like how some countries are interested in de-dollarizing trade. But on the subject of Ukraine itself, he says some things that are clearly not true. Do you believe that there are massive numbers of Russian T80 tanks rolling through western Ukraine right now from Belarus? Really? Don't you think this would be something you would hear about in other media, especially Polish media? Also, it is the Russians who are having trouble replacing equipment, not Ukraine. Ukraine is being supplied with equipment from most of the West. It is Ukraine who has greater use of precision weapons, like HIMARS. Even the Russian media have admitted this. On the topic of the Russians falling back to more defensible terrain, getting ready to slaughter Ukrainians, I guess we'll see. From my vantage point, I don't see anything to make me think the Russian retreat will end anytime soon, and I also believe that the winter fighting will favor the Ukrainians, who have better equipment now.

Overall, I like this guy you posted because I like to get a variety of information. He does have lots of interesting things to say. Just on the topic of what is currently happening in Ukraine, I think he is delusional. Saying that Russian T80 tanks are in western Ukraine destroys his credibility.
I've heard that we only have 16 himars systems in Ukraine at the moment. The rest are still being trained up or en route. One thing that makes me think he might be more right is how many stories and YT videos are coming out about how bad it is for Russia and how the knives are out in Russia for Putin. It comes off as propaganda to make sure we keep supporting this thing because if the truth came out nobody would want to carry on with status quo.

I try to watch europe media on this and they contradict themselves constantly in their reporting. They did a story about the iran drones saying that it showed Russia couldn't produce missiles but then said that they only cost $20000 and the anti aircraft systems Ukraine were using to shoot them down were around $400000 to shoot one down. They didn't even want to entertain that Russia was just launching a bunch of cheap drones at electric targets to weaken Ukraines air defense as well... it was just because Russia couldn't produce any drones themselves. I do know that one Nato guy was calling for Germany to supply 100's more tanks like it was a done deal but Germany is facing a huge energy inflation. They had to shutdown several manufacturing plants. I'm not sure Germany could produce 100 tanks by spring with what is going on there. The US had to shut down production of the f35 because china stopped shipping an alloy used to make the frame.

I think he's being more forward looking than what is happening right this second. We know Ukraine made tons of gains the last month but I think Col Mac is saying they took heavy losses to achieve those gains and Russia hasn't even put their new units into war in masse yet. I think he's saying there is no stomach for war in Europe and Russia wouldn't just roll over and then we are stuck there with a bunch of countries that don't want to be involved anymore during a global recession.

It sucks the media is so bad that we just don't know though. All we can do is watch different takes and try to find a middle truth. But I can't believe that Russia has lost 100,000 dead, 300,000 wounded and 25% of their aircraft and 1000 tanks and Ukraine has lost 8657 dead and 15000 wounded. When a media outlet puts that out it's comical. If that were anywhere close to true than Russia would have already imploded. Putin would be dead and a coup would of occurred.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

😡

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I beg to differ
cjfbc6upusv51.png

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
It's that time of year again for us Medicare folks. Mailbox is overflowing with literature about "join us", telephone ringing off the hook and Joe Namath and William Devane hawking Medicare on TV. You call a provider seeking info about their products and you have to talk with a licensed agent who wants to enroll you in their program. No, I just want some information. I'll decide what program is best for me but I don't want to give you my email address or any phone number. Send the book with the plans and I will decide what is best. Deal killer is any question about Wuhan Charlie or its death jab. End rant.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
I've heard that we only have 16 himars systems in Ukraine at the moment. The rest are still being trained up or en route. One thing that makes me think he might be more right is how many stories and YT videos are coming out about how bad it is for Russia and how the knives are out in Russia for Putin. It comes off as propaganda to make sure we keep supporting this thing because if the truth came out nobody would want to carry on with status quo.

I try to watch europe media on this and they contradict themselves constantly in their reporting. They did a story about the iran drones saying that it showed Russia couldn't produce missiles but then said that they only cost $20000 and the anti aircraft systems Ukraine were using to shoot them down were around $400000 to shoot one down. They didn't even want to entertain that Russia was just launching a bunch of cheap drones at electric targets to weaken Ukraines air defense as well... it was just because Russia couldn't produce any drones themselves. I do know that one Nato guy was calling for Germany to supply 100's more tanks like it was a done deal but Germany is facing a huge energy inflation. They had to shutdown several manufacturing plants. I'm not sure Germany could produce 100 tanks by spring with what is going on there. The US had to shut down production of the f35 because china stopped shipping an alloy used to make the frame.

I think he's being more forward looking than what is happening right this second. We know Ukraine made tons of gains the last month but I think Col Mac is saying they took heavy losses to achieve those gains and Russia hasn't even put their new units into war in masse yet. I think he's saying there is no stomach for war in Europe and Russia wouldn't just roll over and then we are stuck there with a bunch of countries that don't want to be involved anymore during a global recession.

It sucks the media is so bad that we just don't know though. All we can do is watch different takes and try to find a middle truth. But I can't believe that Russia has lost 100,000 dead, 300,000 wounded and 25% of their aircraft and 1000 tanks and Ukraine has lost 8657 dead and 15000 wounded. When a media outlet puts that out it's comical. If that were anywhere close to true than Russia would have already imploded. Putin would be dead and a coup would of occurred.
Oh, I'm completely with you on the skepticism of many western media. I try to avoid Leftist American media altogether. I think we're all very attuned to detect propaganda since we've seen it used against our side so many times.

On the topic of Iranian drones, I think there is some truth to both sides. I know Russia is having some manufacturing supply issues across their economy. It would make sense that this would impact their ability to rebuild their stocks. The economic argument for buying cheap drones makes a lot of sense too, especially if my first point is correct.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Top Bottom