Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Viking

Legendary
Founder
So basically as was stated here. They know pubs are going to get both chambers of congress. Time to let the inflation take off and blame republicans. Is that right?
Seems like they are fooling and fucking people. The smoke and mirrors continues I guess. They have already been caught suppressing the precious metals market where gold has been getting hammered and silver has long been bitch slapped. I think the end is near but who really knows? One clue is if the mainstream economic shows are all giddy as the dude says. If they are that should send alarm bells to anyone in here. All the outside market guys are screaming the end is near. We will see. SKOL!

Scrouch2434

Elite
Founder
I’m behind so if this has already been answered… sorry.
Each country in Western Europe has a different power generation stack. Netherlands - gas, Germany- coal, France -nuclear, Switzerland -hydro. As they all moved towards more renewable policies they switched their profiles to go green.
Switzerland literally shut down hydroelectric plants for wind and solar.
Why, because it’s subsidized by the taxpayer.
The USA is doing the same thing. Coal and natural gas plants are retiring ahead of schedule. An example would be looking at MISO North and MISO South capacity prices (it’s public and you can google) intermittent resources are replacing base load units
Why? Because wind, solar, renewable identification numbers, RECs are all being subsidized by the American taxpayer.
It makes sense for a utility to mothball or retire certain plants early and receive the subsidies- while passing the actual cost to their rate base.
So while we are taking coal plants offline and saying we are saving the world- it gets sent to China and India
We lose a cheap resource of electricity and then replace it with a subsidized resource at a more expensive price.
This raises our cost of production, decreases wages and limits exports and manufacturing.
Eliminating fossil fuels completely from the USA power generation stack would be the nail in the coffin.
Feel free to send me a message if you have further questions @tiderollsonu

I’ll add one more thing- all four of the countries were net exporters before changing regulation. Now they have plants offline and no natural gas. Germany and the UK are bad Italy is worse

Last edited:

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Top Bottom