Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
I sometimes wonder what if @FreeMiner and I knew each other when we were young. We both came from hard, hard times in our young years we both worked hard as kids. We both became machinists working and learning from older tougher guys that didn't give a fuck about anything or anyone.
Then I get scared of the West/South duo that we would have been.
MAGA

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
That was Rolly. He was a natural. Me and Rolly alone could handle 3-400 cows ourselves changing pastures. All I had to do was open the gate where I wanted them, and then tell Rolly put them up there and point. Then slowly follow him and close the gate.
I was calving one spring, and had a heifer who looked like it would be this night. Checked at 11pm, went to bed got back up at 3pm, and went out to see how she was. She had her calf, stuffed into the end of a round bale, I had been worried because the temp dipped down to -25F and a wind coming out of the north. I checked the little guy, stuck my finger in his mouth, it was nice and warm, he had got his first suck of claustrum. Suddenly momma lost her shit on me. And started running my ass around that bale 2-3 times then I saw Rolly in my flashlight, he was running beside me, and Momma was after him. The SOB had brought down the heat.
She saw him as a predator, and was trying to kill him meanwhile he was trying to protect me, sticking right beside me in the dark....
I took him over to the gate and scolded his ass. But the next night it was the same. He was always by my side.
Only thing he loved more than me was kids. He would lick a kid's face like a pop sickle. Ha Ha Ha

Same here. Just give the command and point. Amazing dogs

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
I watched a video where a guy predicted that the Earth would do the wobble like you see a Top do. It spins perfectly fine then it does something funky before straightening back up. He said that you'd have 200' waves globally in the direction of the shift. Then you'd get 100' waves on the slosh back. Then it'd do it again when it goes back to normal. Dude had me googling elevation charts of KY.
That’s funny crazy and not going to happen. The earth rotational axis already wobbles. It referred to as Precision of the earth‘s axis.

Edit: Want to know the largest gyroscope on Earth? It is Earth.

Last edited:

OM JD

Poster

Being from Mississippi, I can say that Bennie Thompson represents the poorest district in the poorest state in the US. He hasn’t done one, single positive thing for that District in the 30 years he’s been in DC. He’s a shitstain on the drawers of America and MS, and the fact he is chairing anything just goes to show what a crock of shit this entire thing really is. That guy is a complete and total buffoon.

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
Being from Mississippi, I can say that Bennie Thompson represents the poorest district in the poorest state in the US. He hasn’t done one, single positive thing for that District in the 30 years he’s been in DC. He’s a shitstain on the drawers of America and MS, and the fact he is chairing anything just goes to show what a crock of shit this entire thing really is. That guy is a complete and total buffoon.
Got a good friend over there in Coldwater who I visit from time to time. I texted him the other day and told him that Bennie was one stupid M'fer and he should do something. He said we have a lot of them over here. :rolleyes:

OM JD

Poster
View attachment 125362
View attachment 125363
This was my Red Heeler part Dingo. He was incredible. He would fight anything that came in his space that he deemed a threat. Total Loyalty. I loved that dog. The whole family loved that dog. He ruined 3 perfectly good front driver side tires on my farm truck, trying to herd my damn pick up. Finally I had to carry my fencing hammer on the front seat. He always ran beside my drivers door, and when I would see him disappear, that meant he was biting my damn tire trying to heel me. So I would lean out the window and threaten him with the old claw hammer. Rolly You SOB, then he would look at me and back off.
I was loading out 300 cows one day through my corral. And a 2000 lb bull would not go up the ramp. Me and the trucker had a sure shot on each ass cheek, and he just stood there and grunted, eating it up. I put old Rolly in the chute and said put em up Rolly. Rolly run in and nipped his heels and started under his balls. And that big SOB went up that ramp like he was going to take the shit apart.

The owner a very wealthy rancher was standing there watching us load. He walked over and pulled out a wad of Benjamin's and peeled out 2k. And tried to buy my dog right there.
Told him you ain't got enough money to buy my dog ever. He was better than having 2-3 cowboys working for you.
Still miss you Rolly, still remember you boy.
We had 10 chicken houses (broilers) and 350 head of cattle when I was growing up. We had a heeler named Sparky that your story reminds me of. When I was in middle school, Sparky and I could move those 350 cows all around creation with no problem. Now I realize it was all him and very little me.

We had an old neighbor named Mr. Gene who was a WW2 vet and always hung around our place. He was half blind, 3/4 deaf, and 100% grumpy all the time. He ran over Sparky one day in our driveway. Sparky then ran under our house. I had to climb under there and drag him out. He was trying to bite me the whole time due to the pain he was in. Once I got him out, my dad put him down. I remember it like yesterday even though that about 25 years ago. Such was life growing up on a farm.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

1659874124790.png

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

1659874265901.png
1659874286512.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom