Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brats, the correct way

Nape

Elite
Founder
Nape, while I’m interested in the sauce... tell me more about these gummies
100% super chill. Very relaxing. I only get indica. I don’t need any energy from sativa. It makes my heart race. I’m energetic enough.

Quatch$

Elite
100% super chill. Very relaxing. I only get indica. I don’t need any energy from sativa. It makes my heart race. I’m energetic enough.
Wonder if I can get the hookup on those here in the great shit commonwealth?

Quatch$

Elite
Where is that?

These are the dispensaries in Naperville (click each for link):
Zen Leaf
Rise
Sunnyside

They are all awesome and within 10 minutes of Casa de Nape.
Pennsylvania... where we hand out Narcan to fucking junkies but weed is illegal.

Pennsylvania... Where you can’t buy liquor in grocery stores and have only been able to buy beer in gas stations for the last couple years.

Pennsylvania... where we have an obese cross dresser as the head of the health department telling us to follow science.

Pennsylvania... where our cuck governor got Covid somehow, even though he forced crippling shut downs, mask polices, and social distancing.

Pennsylvania... fuck this place.

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
Hard to cook them any other way......
I usually cook them and they burst on me, now I also like them that way because that’s what we grew up on in ottawa, the hotdog vendors would cook them then score them right before bumming them so they would sit straight

Nape

Elite
Founder
Ok I’m giving this one a try today. Just started.

View attachment 10916

Found Narragansett Tall Boys at the Harris Teeter. This is the New England version of Old Style- it’s what Quint was drinking while he was hunting Jaws

View attachment 10917
Looks awesome. Can you get good fresh brats down your way?

There is a small butcher shop in WI that makes veal brats and they’ll send them anywhere. I’ll try to find the link. They are the top of the heap good.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Looks awesome. Can you get good fresh brats down your way?

There is a small butcher shop in WI that makes veal brats and they’ll send them anywhere. I’ll try to find the link. They are the top of the heap good.

My local butcher shop has them occasionally but not this time. We have a grocery store that also has a sausage display somewhat similar to what you posted but they also didn’t have any so I’m going with Johnsonville, unless Dad can find some fresh ones at the aforementioned grocery store when he and mom come out this afternoon.

I’m also gonna cook these on a gas grill, because I don’t have any way to do indirect heat on my little 18” Webber. Open to suggestions as to how to work around that if anyone has any pointers.

Just turned off the onion garlic beer brine and letting it sit now for a bit

F62A0650-F3FA-4BD7-B44D-A0F377E893D6.jpeg

Nape

Elite
Founder
My local butcher shop has them occasionally but not this time. We have a grocery store that also has a sausage display somewhat similar to what you posted but they also didn’t have any so I’m going with Johnsonville, unless Dad can find some fresh ones at the aforementioned grocery store when he and mom come out this afternoon.

I’m also gonna cook these on a gas grill, because I don’t have any way to do indirect heat on my little 18” Webber. Open to suggestions as to how to work around that if anyone has any pointers.

Just turned off the onion garlic beer brine and letting it sit now for a bit

View attachment 10918
Johnsonville are good.

Looks like you boiled that. Are the onions melting away?

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Looks good. You didn’t fuck it up. That first pic looked like it but the one above looks awesome. Golden and delicious.

giphy.gif

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Bonus pic- we don’t have dispensaries in NC but my weed guy makes his own edibles. I would put them up against any commercially available product and they cost about half as much

C4221B87-2FAE-44DB-A823-3AFF6DE8B229.jpeg

that little guy right there is about 30mg for $10. Does the trick all day every day. I usually cut into 3rds

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I might have fucked it up at the end. When I put the bratwurst on the grill, I turned the burner on very low for the beer. However I had it covered and I hope that didn’t ruin the brine. Oh well.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Lowe's Foods?

Top Bottom