Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bloodborne and Dark Souls fans -New vidya game: Elden Ring

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Cleared Leyndell Royal Capital the other night in just one night. Went back to pick up most of the items I missed, but I was trying to rush to get this sword

It's pretty good and I'm gonna go pick up another katana to dual wield

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Cleared Leyndell Royal Capital the other night in just one night. Went back to pick up most of the items I missed, but I was trying to rush to get this sword

It's pretty good and I'm gonna go pick up another katana to dual wield
Just got the moonveil katana but cannot figure out how to use magic with it. I see people shooting blue magic from it but mine just cuts

doing teh Blaidd quest right now

sipsey37

Poster
Founder
First souls game and I’m enjoying it. I’m so afraid I’m missing stuff and spending too much upgrading the wrong stats and weapons but otherwise it’s been a lot of fun. I wanted to rock dual daggers because I have two “named weapons” of those and I love the animation you get with the dual wield. Seems way harder than using the big slow weapons though.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
First souls game and I’m enjoying it. I’m so afraid I’m missing stuff and spending too much upgrading the wrong stats and weapons but otherwise it’s been a lot of fun. I wanted to rock dual daggers because I have two “named weapons” of those and I love the animation you get with the dual wield. Seems way harder than using the big slow weapons though.
What daggers are you using? Don’t worry too much about stats. You can respec later.

Early on, upgrading your weapons will have a much bigger impact than stat points.

You can’t ever go wrong pumping points into vigor. (I think that it is the HP one)

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Just got the moonveil katana but cannot figure out how to use magic with it. I see people shooting blue magic from it but mine just cuts

doing teh Blaidd quest right now
I think I killed blaidd in another quest before I did his actual quest. So many ways things can play out.

How is the moonviel? I want to finish the game on the build I made, but would like to play an int build on new game+

Think I’m level 98 right now

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I think I killed blaidd in another quest before I did his actual quest. So many ways things can play out.

How is the moonviel? I want to finish the game on the build I made, but would like to play an int build on new game+

Think I’m level 98 right now
Really good and don't need a lot to use it just like 12 str and 18 dex. I use the meteorite staff most of the time with the rock sling and Lorettas bow they do massive damage and rock sling is homing so hard to miss. Think I'm level 70 something went mage build

muchandmore

Elite
Founder
You just got to learn to work the system (kind of cheat around thing in a way) until you get strong or good enough like @tiderollsonu says. Payoff is worth it
I almost murdered the next person I saw after I grinded my way to that point. I am literal lee the first person to send in the strategy for Zelda II Adventures of Link to make it through the caves with the slimes and then defeat shadow link and the weird angelic monster.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I almost murdered the next person I saw after I grinded my way to that point. I am literal lee the first person to send in the strategy for Zelda II Adventures of Link to make it through the caves with the slimes and then defeat shadow link and the weird angelic monster.
One of the most underrated games ever

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Gonna try and finish this off this weekend. I’ve been trying to run around and grab useful stuff before I finish and move to NG plus.

I just got the second half of the secret medallion to unlock the consecrated snowfield secret area at the very north part.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
My build to finish the game which has worked out very well for me:

My stats are something like this:
30 vigor
25 mind
30 Dex
50 Arcane
18 Int (to cast rock throw and glintstone pebble)
Enough faith to use Rotten breath encant (maybe 18?)
Base level stamina/endurance/strength
18 Int

Rivers of Blood katana. The corpse piler weapon skill just does a ridiculous amount of damage. Physical, fire and bleed damage so it’s basically effective against anything. Main weapon damage scales with Dex and bleed damage scales with ARC

Albinauric Staff - this staff changes your sorceries from scaling with INT to scale with ARC instead of INT. Incredible useful with the arcane build because you don’t lose out on dealing good damage with some of the workhorse sorceries. Rock throw or whatever it’s called is my bread and butter range attack

Dragon communion seal. Boosts dragon spell damage, but also changes it so your incantations scale with arcane rather than faith. Rotten breath is the main spell of choice here and it’s by far been my most effective damage attack for bosses. Slow cast, but it deals big damage and inflicts scarlet rot.

Rivers of blood in the right hand and then switch between the staff and seal in the left depending on what I’m doing.

Spells are: rock throw, glintstone pebble, rotten breath, dragon fire, cure poison and heal.

For talismans right now I just use the health, stamina and magic plus ones and switch out a 4th depending on what’s going on (like the one that reduces flame damage it in fighting a fire enemy)

I use the helm that gives +3 DEX (can’t remember the name but you get it from the same guy you get rivers off blood from). The rest of my armor I just change out to what I think looks coolest while maintaining a medium equipment burden.

Summons are Banished Knight Oleg +10 and the shield skellies +10. Mainly Oleg has been my guy, but I just got the skellies to +10 and they were real helpful in the last boss fight.

Playstyle is just switch between the Rivers of blood weapon skill, rock throw spell and rotten breath. My guy is pretty effective at killing shit. Rotten breath is just devastating to bosses as long as you can get them distracted by the summons a few times to cast it

Gonna spend the next levels I have trying to get vigor and mind to 40 each because that is there the soft cap hits, and then go back to pumping dex

Last edited:

sipsey37

Poster
Founder
What daggers are you using? Don’t worry too much about stats. You can respec later.

Early on, upgrading your weapons will have a much bigger impact than stat points.

You can’t ever go wrong pumping points into vigor. (I think that it is the HP one)
I used the erdsteel dagger and reduvia. That’s how I learned about the blood loss mechanic and beat margit. Then I rocked the blood uchigatana and the meteoric or blade to defeat everything on the weeping peninsula. Now I kinda feel like I should switch to this bloodhounds fang greatsword. The bloodhounds finesse skill is really helpful to keep and close distance. Especially since I still don’t have a staff that can run any of the magic I have.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I used the erdsteel dagger and reduvia. That’s how I learned about the blood loss mechanic and beat margit. Then I rocked the blood uchigatana and the meteoric or blade to defeat everything on the weeping peninsula. Now I kinda feel like I should switch to this bloodhounds fang greatsword. The bloodhounds finesse skill is really helpful to keep and close distance. Especially since I still don’t have a staff that can run any of the magic I have.
I rode the reduvia and it’s weapon skill the first 1/3 of the game. Those blood projectiles are so good

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
This seems significant

Well From was good while it lasted. Elden Ring was a great note to end on before a big corporation ruins the product

Can’t wait for the transgendered tarnished

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m Pretty close to the end as far as the main story line goes and I thought I would beat this weekend, but I’ve spent a ton of time just rounding stuff up for new game+ and wrapping up quest lines. Haven’t made any more progress.

Tip: make sure you have a strike damage type weapon upgraded along with your main weapon. There are a couple crystal bosses and some other heavy armor bosses that take way more damage from strike. I’ve got a morning star that I like and equip when I need to

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I’m Pretty close to the end as far as the main story line goes and I thought I would beat this weekend, but I’ve spent a ton of time just rounding stuff up for new game+ and wrapping up quest lines. Haven’t made any more progress.

Tip: make sure you have a strike damage type weapon upgraded along with your main weapon. There are a couple crystal bosses and some other heavy armor bosses that take way more damage from strike. I’ve got a morning star that I like and equip when I need to
Sorry I don't speak that version of nerd

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary

I’m looking at buying it and it says you have to be 17. Is this game appropriate for a 12 year old? I don’t mind some violence or scary stuff but I’m not trying to buy him grand theft auto.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m basically at the last stretch of the game but I’ve still been spending a ton of time grabbing gear before NG+

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
Just got this sword on my main character.

I don't do too much googling and reading forums or watching videos so I really have no idea how close I am. I do have 5 toons, 5 different builds and have no regrets about any of them but really starting to feel my sorcerer come into his own a bit. Strength build pretty well wrecks stuff too but sorc is getting undeniable.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Just got this sword on my main character.

I don't do too much googling and reading forums or watching videos so I really have no idea how close I am. I do have 5 toons, 5 different builds and have no regrets about any of them but really starting to feel my sorcerer come into his own a bit. Strength build pretty well wrecks stuff too but sorc is getting undeniable.
It’s really easy to respec a little bit later so I wouldn’t worry to much of advancing all your characters. Once you beat the raya Lucria academy you can respec (mostly) whenever you want. Original base stats don’t really matter and you can find all the starting gear of the other starting classes

What are the main spells you are using? And where are you in that character?

Here’s what I’ve been switching between since switching to strength. They are all pretty fun

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ghiza's+Wheel

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
It’s really easy to respec a little bit later so I wouldn’t worry to much of advancing all your characters. Once you beat the raya Lucria academy you can respec (mostly) whenever you want. Original base stats don’t really matter and you can find all the starting gear of the other starting classes

What are the main spells you are using? And where are you in that character?

Here’s what I’ve been switching between since switching to strength. They are all pretty fun

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ghiza's+Wheel
That witch in the academy if giving me fits, she's easy to beat the first time but teh second one is a bear.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
That witch in the academy if giving me fits, she's easy to beat the first time but teh second one is a bear.
I remember using the wolf summon. Level it up a few times with the grave glowwort and it should help. I just remember running circles trying to get around her to get in a few swings. When she summoned something I would just run away because it wouldn’t last long.

It might work pretty well if you used the rock sling spell on her. It actually does physical damage and I’m sure she’s magic resistant

Top Bottom