Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bloodborne and Dark Souls fans -New vidya game: Elden Ring

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Found a kick ass way to level up early and fast

You been back on? I hand the played for about a week and got back on tonight. But I already quit after playing a couple hours because I’m completely rustled by a boss I can’t beat. I’ll get on tomorrow and beat him

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Oh shit if you are already at this point you must be making progress. I just found this method not long ago
Not really I was level 9, just rode my horse as fast as I could to the portal then started killing those things. After about 30 minutes I was level 24, getting about 5k runes per farm. Gonna get everythign up then start looking for items. Hopefully not die so much.

There is a portal that puts you behind that big boss on the steps.

D

Deleted member 2886

FF7 original is my favorite game ever. I played the remake some but lost interest before I finished.

If you ever played bloodborne or souls and enjoyed them this is the game to get

If you never played those games, this is still the game to get.

We can exchange e bro tips
Same here, that FF7 remake is a major disappointment compared to the original.
Did ya get into FF8?
I got the remastered version on PS4, clocked it a few months back. Cool thing that's been added is the ability to adjust things like gameplay speed, turning off random encounters, or even straight out cheat by turning on invincibility.

What'd ya think of Days Gone?
aAfXCB.jpggiphy-34.gif2d0812_74cc3a6e6f954144a8278bb4a243f9ec~mv2.giffXqal0k.gif

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Did ya get into FF8?
I got the remastered version on PS4, clocked it a few months back. Cool thing that's been added is the ability to adjust things like gameplay speed, turning off random encounters, or even straight out cheat by turning on invincibility.

View attachment 86865View attachment 86866View attachment 86867View attachment 86868
Oh yeah I loved FF8, but…. I never actually beat it! Not because the challenge, but I would spend so much time min maxing junctions that I would be burnt out by the final disk. 8 had a really interesting dynamic way of unfolding.

I’m gonna have to take out 8.

7 is my favorite, I’ve been it about 10 times. It’s crazy how good I am at that game. My favorite thing to do is master a ton of counter attacks and magic counter +ultima. One thing hits you and you destroy them.

Never heard of days gone. I’ll have to check it out

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Did ya get into FF8?

View attachment 86865View attachment 86866View attachment 86867View attachment 86868
Days gone was a solid Last of us open world knock off, will def buy it if they make a new one.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Got up to level 45 with this farming technique now I am on the hunt for some good mage gear. Beat a couple of bosses. How do I use the summon?
You need to get the bell. I’m sure you prob picked it up somewhere. Equip the summon you want to use to one of your item slots. And then when you approach a difficult area a little white tombstone thing will pop up on the bottom of the screen. Use the summon like an item and it will come out. The gatefront ruins is a place you can summon so you can go test it out there

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You can only summon around bosses or difficult areas. Usually when you see the summon icon pop up, shit is about to get real

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Got up to level 45 with this farming technique now I am on the hunt for some good mage gear. Beat a couple of bosses. How do I use the summon?
The good mage gear is at the raya lucaria academy. It’s the next main “dungeon” after you beat stormveil castle

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
You need to get the bell. I’m sure you prob picked it up somewhere. Equip the summon you want to use to one of your item slots. And then when you approach a difficult area a little white tombstone thing will pop up on the bottom of the screen. Use the summon like an item and it will come out. The gatefront ruins is a place you can summon so you can go test it out there
Not sure i found the bell where is it at?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
More an more convinced this game is gonna go down as one of the all time best
Not sure I would go that far, I finally seem to be strong enough to take on some fights but they really need to help new players more. I had to watch several videos to find items needed and how to use stuff. Shouldn't have to spend 3 hours on youtube to learn to play a game.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Not sure I would go that far, I finally seem to be strong enough to take on some fights but they really need to help new players more. I had to watch several videos to find items needed and how to use stuff. Shouldn't have to spend 3 hours on youtube to learn to play a game.
That's just how these games are. When the original game Demon Souls came out in 2009 people were having mental breakdowns and couldn't get past the first boss.

I spent Saturday grinding out a boss. Spent an hour with no success and then I went and farmed a few levels and found some smithing stones to up my weapons too. Came back and took him down in a few tries. Since then I have been rolling pretty smooth. I can do some really good damage now

Once you get through the Academy and beat the final boss there you can respec too. Trying to get into the academy is a nightmare. Remember you can always just sprint back stuff to find the next point of grace and then slowly work your way back through (or come back later) to get items

You flat out are going to have to look up stuff online too. Upgrading weapons has the biggest impact on improved damage

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
That's just how these games are. When the original game Demon Souls came out in 2009 people were having mental breakdowns and couldn't get past the first boss.

I spent Saturday grinding out a boss. Spent an hour with no success and then I went and farmed a few levels and found some smithing stones to up my weapons too. Came back and took him down in a few tries. Since then I have been rolling pretty smooth. I can do some really good damage now

Once you get through the Academy and beat the final boss there you can respec too. Trying to get into the academy is a nightmare. Remember you can always just sprint back stuff to find the next point of grace and then slowly work your way back through (or come back later) to get items

You flat out are going to have to look up stuff online too. Upgrading weapons has the biggest impact on improved damage
I killed the first boss on horse back when you come out of the church and Godrick in the first castle not sure where to go next. Just no specific path to follow which I find maddening. At least point me in a direction or quest to follow.

Also wishing I had invested some in some in faith I found the sword of night and flame just outside the round table in the top left of the map but can't use it. Currently level 68

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I killed the first boss on horse back when you come out of the church and Godrick in the first castle not sure where to go next. Just no specific path to follow which I find maddening. At least point me in a direction or quest to follow.

Also wishing I had invested some in some in faith I found the sword of night and flame just outside the round table in the top left of the map but can't use it. Currently level 68
Well you are making pretty damn good progress now!

Head to the Academy. Once you beat that place you can respec. I was really annoyed about some stat choices I had made before then

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m basically on post Academy “side quests” if you want to call it that.

I think I’m around level 80 or something

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
These is a decent route of order of operation. I haven’t stuck to the level recs, but just kind of progresses in the order presented.

But the real next stop for you is the academy. Lots of good caster gear, a bad ass helmet and staff

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
These is a decent route of order of operation. I haven’t stuck to the level recs, but just kind of progresses in the order presented.

But the real next stop for you is the academy. Lots of good caster gear, a bad ass helmet and staff

Have to find it, they need to label the big places once you find the maps.

edit: turns out I found it but need to find the key for the blue gate to get through.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Have to find it, they need to label the big places once you find the maps.

edit: turns out I found it but need to find the key for the blue gate to get through.
It’s under a massive dragon just to the west. Don’t try and kill it, just wake it up and make it fly off

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
i would track down these spirit ashes as soon as you can:

And then figure out the process for leveling the spirit ashes up. Can make a huge difference

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
i would track down these spirit ashes as soon as you can:

And then figure out the process for leveling the spirit ashes up. Can make a huge difference
So far they've just really been useful as a distraction

D

Deleted member 2886

Have you ever played any of the souls games @CuriousFiend
Na pretty sure I haven't jammed any of them aye, but I have noted your earlier comments in that regard,... "learning curve",... acknowledged.
Also yep PS4-(the pro version).
While browsing the online store I noticed something else I'd been eagerly awaiting,... Dying Light 2.IMG_20220323_153819.jpgIMG_20220323_153825.jpgIMG_20220323_153832.jpg
Dunno what's up with the internet here at the moment, annoyingly fuckin snail pace for some reason, started DL late lastnight, check this out-IMG_20220323_131610.jpg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Na pretty sure I haven't jammed any of them aye, but I have noted your earlier comments in that regard,... "learning curve",... acknowledged.
Also yep PS4-(the pro version).
While browsing the online store I noticed something else I'd been eagerly awaiting,... Dying Light 2.View attachment 88169View attachment 88171View attachment 88172
Dunno what's up with the internet here at the moment, annoyingly fuckin snail pace for some reason, started DL late lastnight, check this out-View attachment 88168
It’s the worst when you are anticipating playing something and the DL locks up. I’ve just driven to the store to buy it before

Hope you enjoy ER. I’ve been playing for a few weeks and still itching for more. I’m prone to get burnt out on new stuff, but hasn’t happened on this one. Definitely in my top 10 already, which is really saying a lot

D

Deleted member 2886

It’s the worst when you are anticipating playing something and the DL locks up. I’ve just driven to the store to buy it before

Hope you enjoy ER. I’ve been playing for a few weeks and still itching for more. I’m prone to get burnt out on new stuff, but hasn’t happened on this one. Definitely in my top 10 already, which is really saying a lot
Yeah I hear ya, also lol, my noncompliant unvaxxed ass wouldn't even be allowed in the mall where EB Games is at.😅

Top Bottom