Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Biblical Prophecy Thread

Matt 24:37-39 Should frighten everyone. The amount of wickedness during this time, not to mention other things that existed at that time, was horrendous. This verse is exactly what I think about when I see so much pandering and power being given to trans, gays, etc.
agreed, but this time it will not be by water, it will be by fire.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Jesus plus works is a tough position to hold for salvation's sake. It takes the complete work of salvation out of Jesus's hands and puts it back in our hands. Either the work on the cross was sufficient for salvation for those who accept it by faith, or it isn't, and we're all left to wonder if what we've done is enough to merit salvation.
Jesus + works minimizes Jesus.

If you are minimizing Jesus, you are minimizing God.

Densel

Poster
There is no such thing as luck. There is the word of God. Which couldn't be more clear on the subject.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.
I am a man of God but I still think many Christian sources just arent trustworthy. We really need to keep church and state seperated along with logic and faith too otherwise we get another Inquisition. We're already experiencing one today just not a religious one but a woke one.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I am a man of God but I still think many Christian sources just arent trustworthy. We really need to keep church and state seperated along with logic and faith too otherwise we get another Inquisition. We're already experiencing one today just not a religious one but a woke one.

What Christian source is untrustworthy? Not sure what you're getting at.

Let's start by getting all Ohio State up in here. It's THE Revelation. We often hear it referred to as Revelations, but there is no "s" in the title.

It was originally written in Greek, and the Greek name for the book is Apocalypsis, which is a singular noun (Apocalypses would be plural... I am no Greek scholar, so you'll have to bear with the little bit that I use it).

As you might have guessed, Apocalypsis sounds a lot like our English word Apocalypse. This is an interesting point. While we view an apocalypse (or The Apocalypse) as a catastrophic event, the Greek word actually means something to the effect of "to unveil" or "to take away a cover." That is why the book is called Revelation. Something that was hidden is being revealed.

So, the book is a single revelation. Even though it contains a LOT of information, it's peeling the cover back on one big topic. What is it?

The book starts out and lets us know right away what we're dealing with in the first verse of the first chapter (FYI, if you're new to this, you will see a lot of chapter and verse shorthand notation. Rev 1:4 means Revelation chapter 1, verse 4, for instance).

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, everything that he saw." (Rev 1:1-2)

OK, according to this, everything that comes from here on after is an unveiling of information by Jesus Christ Himself. God the Father gave it to Him to share with His followers. Jesus communicated this revelation to His follower John by way of an angel sent to John.

What is being revealed by Jesus? It's "the things which must soon take place." In other words, we're going to learn about the future.

Who, by the way, is John? John is not the guy you may have heard of named John the Baptist; rather, this is John the Apostle, one of Jesus's 12 disciples. John wrote the Gospel of John, three short letters in the New Testament (1, 2 and 3 John), and this book of The Revelation.

John's situation when he received this vision and wrote the book were pretty bad. It was around the year 95 AD, and John was an old man. He had been a follower of Jesus back in the early 30's AD. Over 60 years had passed, and all his fellow Apostles had died by this time. Things didn't look to great for him. He had been banished to the small Greek island of Patmos in the Aegean Sea. He was sent there due to his Christian faith.

patmos.jpg

Frankly, Patmos looks pretty awesome today, but it was not so in John's time.

180913173939-view-of-skala-the-port-of-patmos-from-chora-the-capital-full-169.jpg

He tells us plainly in verse 9 that his banishment was due to his faith. Details beyond that are found in extra-biblical sources, which may or may not be true. They aren't Scripture and shouldn't be treated as such. We can learn from them, but should not base our theology on them. In this case, Tertullian, writing in 200 AD, claimed that the Romans had tried to boil John to death in hot oil, but he was not hurt. Since they couldn't kill him, they banished him.

While on Patmos, John received a vision that he recorded and that would come down to us intact nearly 2,000 years later.
1663810874755.png

Is this a representation of your thinking?

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
View attachment 135747

Is this a representation of your thinking?

That's about how I see it. That said, so much of what we all think we know about how the end will play out is up in the air. The pastor who led me to Jesus did not believe that there would ever be a literal millennium on earth. My sister-in-law believes in a "mid-Tribulation" rapture, as she thinks that's what Scripture shows. I know post-Tribulation folks who don't believe there is a rapture.

We have differences, and yet -

We all love Jesus and love His people. We all know that salvation comes from faith in Jesus alone, and that the works that we do are the naturally-occurring fruit that comes as the result of salvation and the regenerating and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in us. And with that, we have beautiful fellowship together under the unity that comes from the redemption at the cross and the hope of the resurrection.

That's about how I see it. That said, so much of what we all think we know about how the end will play out is up in the air. The pastor who led me to Jesus did not believe that there would ever be a literal millennium on earth. My sister-in-law believes in a "mid-Tribulation" rapture, as she thinks that's what Scripture shows. I know post-Tribulation folks who don't believe there is a rapture.

We have differences, and yet -

We all love Jesus and love His people. We all know that salvation comes from faith in Jesus alone, and that the works that we do are the naturally-occurring fruit that comes as the result of salvation and the regenerating and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in us. And with that, we have beautiful fellowship together under the unity that comes from the redemption at the cross and the hope of the resurrection.
1663837276209.png

OK..................it is said in many different terms, that we should not be looking for signs of the end times because they are here now............it also says that no one but God will know the time of Christ's return.

Assuming the above is true written is true how is the above graphic possible? Why should it even be argued over? If there is a rapture, and a 7 year tribulation, then we do know when Christ returns, (seemingly for the 3rd time), when the bible says that no one knows the time. The above structure denotes a day, which no one is supposed to know. And we arent even supposed to be looking.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
What about the Bible? Is that a trustworthy source for you?

IU/NDFAN

Elite
Founder
I found this thread 3 days ago. I didn't want to comment until I was fully caught up. Absolutely excellent teachings from @catfishpunter and excellent commentary from a few others.

This is the most excellent source I have found on the end times. Unfortunately, it costs $100. It is well worth it. I'm getting ready to watch it for the 4th time. I believe it's about 7 hours in length, but when broken down it's easy to absorb.
1663861608526.png

This can be purchased on Amazon and is completely Christian based.

The next thing I would recommend is this movie. It is also produced by a Christian producer is makes revelation so much clearer.

1663861706583.png

I have posted these in all of the threads that began 3 years ago on the main board and I know some people have enjoyed them as they have emailed me and said so, but I hope more will enjoy them this time.

My favorite Christian website to learn from is prophecywatcher.com on youtube. They produce a new video or two every day and have an online store where most of my Christian purchases are made. I hope some of you take advantage of these suggestions.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I think you know exactly what im getting at. You're just trying to discredit me.

No, I have no idea what you're referring to. "Lost gospels" that some here seem to love, or as someone suggested above, other than KJV translations. Your post made no sense to me at all. How could removing God from government improve government, and where did that notion and "untrustworthy sources" come from within the context of what we were discussing at the time you made that post?

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
View attachment 135885

OK..................it is said in many different terms, that we should not be looking for signs of the end times because they are here now............it also says that no one but God will know the time of Christ's return.

Scripture does not really say that. Most of us misread and misinterpret it to say that, including me for most of my life.

What Christ said was, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." In context of what Christ was talking about, he was referring to the Tribulation, and the 2nd Coming. He was not referring to the rapture. The whole discourse was about the Tribulation and 2nd coming, it would make no sense for him to pivot and then discuss the Rapture. He was talking to Jews about Jewish events, and the rapture is a Church event, which signals the beginning of the time when God will once again begin dealing with the Jews and the scattered house of Israel. I do not believe the Bible mentions a single sign for the rapture, other than a much-debated falling away/apostasy, which it could certainly be argued we've already seen.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man is not talking about timing or time, and God's word proves it. No man at the time Christ said this could have known it, but someone with a calendar and a bible alive during the Tribulation will be able to say exactly when Christ is coming back, at least 42 months before he actually does. Christ told us the Abomination will take place at exactly the mid-point, anyone paying attention and having not taken the mark would know there were 42 30-day months remaining.

"Of" in the bolded above does not refer to time. Consider it in this context, "But of brain surgery, ETNVol knows nothing" would not relay to you that I don't know when a brain surgery will take place, but rather that I - having no medical training or experience - know nothing about the specifics of a brain surgery. It's referring to knowledge and/or experience. The words are translated from the Greek to something like "concerning", nothing to do with timing. Christ said that because he, in his humanity, had not seen anything like that, and since there has been no time like that in history, neither has any other man. Only God, seeing the events through time, has seen the Tribulation and 2nd coming and all the horror that is involved.

I believe it is in God's word exactly the day he will return. Like much of prophecy, it's hidden in plain sight, as the end of the book of Daniel was.

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Densel

Poster
No, I have no idea what you're referring to. "Lost gospels" that some here seem to love, or as someone suggested above, other than KJV translations. Your post made no sense to me at all. How could removing God from government improve government, and where did that notion and "untrustworthy sources" come from within the context of what we were discussing at the time you made that post?
I know you can understand me, you're just using troll Tactics to discredit me and make me look like the bad guy.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I never said that, though I don't consider it 100 percent trustworthy.

What makes you think the Bible isn't trustworthy?

If God's word isn't "100 percent trustworthy", then no one can have a relationship with him. We wouldn't know for certain who he is, what his plans for man are, any of it. No one could truly claim to be a follower of Jesus, they wouldn't have any idea which Jesus is the right one.

I really don't follow where you're going, or how you got started on that road. I can't read between whatever lines you've drawn.

I would ask you to explain yourself in response to this from Ephesians 2: 8-9

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Done it already....................faith without works is dead.......................meaning both.....................you can have all the faith you want, but if the book dont match its cover, its being burned.

Densel

Poster
What makes you think the Bible isn't trustworthy?

If God's word isn't "100 percent trustworthy", then no one can have a relationship with him. We wouldn't know for certain who he is, what his plans for man are, any of it. No one could truly claim to be a follower of Jesus, they wouldn't have any idea which Jesus is the right one.

I really don't follow where you're going, or how you got started on that road. I can't read between whatever lines you've drawn.
Again, that makes no sense, im simply willing to question a book written by man not God himself.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Again, that makes no sense, im simply willing to question a book written by man not God himself.

We don't have that option.

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

No, you make zero sense, and don't even realize it. All we truly know of God is what he revealed to us in his word. You've said that you don't trust God's word. If you don't trust God's word, then you're trusting a version of God that you created for yourself. There is no other revelation of God for you to rely on, so logic dictates the one you trust is one forged from your own opinions.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
This is an interesting thought on the subject

On the subject of works, I've never known a Christian who had no works. Never helped anyone, never gave money, never prayed for others. Tying "faith without works" to salvation is absurd. How many works? How would you know you'd done enough? Once you add anything to Christ, you add ambiguity, which means there can never be peace, never be assurance. All of which contradicts scripture.

OTOH, there are carnal Christians who sadly, do not follow Christ, they follow the flesh. Paul scolded the church at Corinth for many things. Paul tells the Church he wants them to be of one mind, he wants them to grow in Christ, he even says "ye are in Christ" and calls them Brethren many times. None of which he would do if he were speaking to non-Christians. Yet we find out from reading Paul's letter that the Corinthians are allowing a man who is shacked up with his mother in law to remain in the congregation, the church is divided into factions, and some in the church are visiting prostitutes at pagan temples, among other sins.

Does Paul question their salvation? Does he add the concept of them losing their salvation? No, he tells them they'll lose their reward.

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

I
f any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So here we have men living carnally, and not once does Paul tell them they'll lose their salvation. He tells them they'll lose their reward. He even specifically says in 2:15 that such a person's works, not being godly, will be burned up (at the Judgment Seat of Christ), yet specifically says that person will be saved. Other epistles express the same sentiment.

I don't say all that to encourage people to sin, quite the contrary. Rewards in heaven will be great and important, and a brother living wantonly as the Corinthians did will cost him those rewards. It also needs to be said because it, once again, totally refutes the notion that works has any part of salvation (not that you're the one who needed to hear this, but your post seemed a good place to start again).

Densel

Poster
We don't have that option.

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

No, you make zero sense, and don't even realize it. All we truly know of God is what he revealed to us in his word. You've said that you don't trust God's word. If you don't trust God's word, then you're trusting a version of God that you created for yourself. There is no other revelation of God for you to rely on, so logic dictates the one you trust is one forged from your own opinions.
Again, you're making no Sense. How can you blindly trust something Made by Man? It dosent matter if they were considered Holy, they couldve faked it. I don't think the Bible Is all lies but one must be willing to question it just like one must question all things to see real truth.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Again, you're making no Sense. How can you blindly trust something Made by Man? It dosent matter if they were considered Holy, they couldve faked it. I don't think the Bible Is all lies but one must be willing to question it just like one must question all things to see real truth.
What part of the Bible should be questioned in your opinion?

And was it written by Man or God?

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

Why? Because the Bible is an anvil that has repeatedly worn out the skeptics hammer. The Bible we have today was almost entirely determined by the early church by the end of the 1st century. The early church fathers believed it, they knew the apostles, they staked their lives on it. Secular history tells us the apolstles all died for their faith. That's pretty strong evidence just on its own. That 4 men wrote 4 separate books on Christ's life/ministry and did not contradict each other is yet more powerful evidence. I would recommend the series by Chuck Missler, How we got our BIble, I believe it's on youtube, or at least part of it is. Not sure if you're one of those or not, but if so, no, the Catholic Church did not determine what is in the bible in the 4th century, it was determined long before that.

I'm making no sense? No, my God is specifically the God of the Bible. Your God is one you made up, or found in some other random book. Because the only revelation we have of Jesus Christ is from the Bible. If the Bible is untrustworthy, we have nowhere else to find him. So if you're a "man of God", you're blindly trusting a god that you made up, if you don't trust the Bible.

Last edited:

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Yep that is the point, I suppose it will help those fucking morons who need a TiKTok video crammed up their ass to comprehend such a complicated position. Thanks, I now consider you a friend.............WOLVERINES! hahaha

1 Cor. 3:15 totally destroys any notion that works are a necessary part of salvation. Nor is a lack of them necessarily a proof of a lack of salvation. The man described in that verse has had his works burned up, destroyed, because they were not righteous. And yet he himself was saved. The 2, works and faith, are eternally severed, and cannot be joined in the context of salvation.

Further, you have not argued them as evidence of salvation. You've argued they are a necessity. Assurance of salvation, the topic of the video, and salvation are not the same thing. And please exit the thread if you're going to use that kind of language.

1 Cor. 3:15 totally destroys any notion that works are a necessary part of salvation. Nor is a lack of them necessarily a proof of a lack of salvation. The man described in that verse has had his works burned up, destroyed, because they were not righteous. And yet he himself was saved. The 2, works and faith, are eternally severed, and cannot be joined in the context of salvation.

Further, you have not argued them as evidence of salvation. You've argued they are a necessity. Assurance of salvation, the topic of the video, and salvation are not the same thing. And please exit the thread if you're going to use that kind of language.
What are you talking about? Evidence of salvation? HAHA. Understand, the only evidence of ones salvation will be at the end. People hide a bunch of demons fella, trust me.

Tell you what.......you think what you want to.....thinking that a scumbag pedophile that has accepted Jesus as his savior..........is saved.

Accept Jesus, and be a scumbag, cheater, thief, pedophile, and see if you are saved. Good luck.

And as to your comment of dont use that language or leave this thread..........no problem gone, but first..............FUCK YOU

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
What are you talking about? Evidence of salvation? HAHA. Understand, the only evidence of ones salvation will be at the end. People hide a bunch of demons fella, trust me.

Tell you what.......you think what you want to.....thinking that a scumbag pedophile that has accepted Jesus as his savior..........is saved.

Accept Jesus, and be a scumbag, cheater, thief, pedophile, and see if you are saved. Good luck.

And as to your comment of dont use that language or leave this thread..........no problem gone, but first..............FUCK YOU

Have I suggested that it be desirable in any way for someone to be any of those things? No. I'm simply saying that salvation is a one-time event, that comes without any strings. It is a gift. A gift you must work for is not a gift, it is wages. You can't get saved more than once. One time, and it's settled for eternity. Anything that person does after that event, good or bad, cannot change or undo what God has done. God puts a seal upon that person. The King's seal means that person belongs to him, and nothing in the universe can change that.

A pedophile, a rapist, a murderer, anyone can be saved.

What happens to someone who is truly saved but then attempts to continue to live a wicked lifestyle? "There is a sin unto death". God gives that person a space to repent, then he eventually kills them if they refuse. Annanias and Saphira committed this sin. They crossed a line they didn't know was there. God will punish those who live sinfully after he saves them, his word promises that.

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

A great OT example of what you think doesn't exist is Solomon. Solomon eventually decided to partake of every sin he could imagine. Including, perhaps the sin God hates most, the practice of idolatry. And since Solomon belonged to God, God punished him, harshly. Solomon died at only ~58, dying much younger than his father, and worse, the kingdom was taken from his family soon after his death.

OK, so you have just affirmed that there is a line that you can cross.

I never said no one could be saved.

EVERYONE SINS PROBABLY 10 TIMES A DAY, I am sure this does not include you.

Solomon has many many followers today..........are you one of those?

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
OK, this has gotten out of hand. Let's make this abundantly clear. The path to salvation is in Jesus, through Jesus, and only Jesus. We all have incurred an unpayable debt of death (here and in eternity) by choosing rebellion against God. We are children of rebels who are themselves children of rebels, going all the way back to our earliest parents. Adam and Eve defied God and preferred to be "like God," as they were promised by Satan, rather than to serve and obey God. Ever since that time, we have been at unrelenting war against God.

That war continues to this day and plays out in every single new generation. Every person that is born chooses evil and war against God. Even the people in our society who look to be our moral best, those who behave according to the highest standards of morality, are still at war against God. Scripture says that nobody is righteous [Romans 3:10]. Under that veneer of morality lies a rebellious heart that refuses to submit to God.

We are a race at war against our own Creator.

Enter Jesus.

Jesus, who is God Himself, took on human flesh and lived a life in perfect submission to God the Father in Heaven. He lived the life that was designed for all of us, one of harmony with and obedience to our Heavenly Father. Because of this, His life did not merit the death penalty due all of us who have rebelled against God. Thus, His life was worthy of being a suitable sacrifice on our behalf. He was perfect; therefore, He could pay the debt.

He lays out clearly that what is required of salvation is to look to Him in faith. "...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" [Romans 10:9].

Salvation comes when we do just that. Nothing we do can add to that salvation. We have new life in Jesus.

Now, the major mistake that is made is when we accept that beautiful gift, ending our personal war with God, and then go out and continue to live like we are still His enemy. God promises us many things to help us live according to His desires, including a changed heart and mind. He also promises us the power to withstand any temptation that comes our way, should we choose to submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit, who He sends to live within us and guide us.

And yet, we still sin, daily. While we live on this earth, we still inhabit a body of sin, with all of the rebellious desires it has always had. We have a choice, whether to submit to God, to whom we have surrendered, or to continue the way of the rebel.

Some choose the way of the rebel.

When we do that, we take God's message of beautiful grace, humility, mercy and forgiveness, and walk all over it. We thank Him for the grace He gives and the blood He shed, and we stick it in our back pocket like a "get out of jail free" card. Our lives look no different from the outside, and if someone was able to look inside, they'd find that we submit more often to our rebellious desires than to the leading of God's Holy Spirit.

Anyone who shows this pattern of behavior ought to be concerned. Jesus said that we will know a tree by its fruit [Matthew 7]. When you look at a tree with a bunch of pears on it, you can be assured that it is a pear tree. Similarly, when you see a life that looks like the life Jesus calls us to live, and the person living that life is confessing "that Jesus is Lord," we can be fairly assured that they truly believe in their heart "that God raised him from the dead," and therefore, that person is likely saved.

We cannot know this for certain, as only God knows the heart, but Jesus told us to look at the fruit to understand the nature of the tree.

Likewise, if we see a life that bears no fruit of the Spirit, no love, no joy, no peace, no patience, no kindness, no goodness, no faithfulness, no gentleness, no self-control, and yet we hear that person proclaiming "that Jesus is Lord," it should give us pause, because the fruit does not match the type of tree we're expecting. We cannot know for certain, but it is critical for such a person to stop and truly consider whether or not they are in the faith, whether or not they actually believe "that God raised him from the dead."

Such a person, showing no outward fruit, is one of two things:

1. A person who proclaims a Jesus he doesn't actually know
2. A person who knows Jesus yet is walking far from Him

The first person is not saved, and the proper response is the same response it is for all unbelievers. Repent, believe, and call out to Jesus, asking Him to save him.

The second person is saved, but there are dire warnings given to such a person. Paul talks about this in his first letter to the church in Corinth. He uses a metaphor to help us understand. We're all to see ourselves as a building under construction, a temple to hold the glory of God and share it outwardly as a beacon of hope and repentance to the entire world.

The foundation for the building is salvation. Once saved, the call for each of us is to faithfully build upon that foundation, submitting to God so that our lives continue to be shaped more and more into the image of Jesus.

Yet, Paul recognizes that we may also choose to build in an unworthy way, following the pattern described above where we continue to live as rebels, building an ugly building on top of God's perfect foundation of salvation.

What happens to such a builder? Paul tells us:

"You are God's field, God's building.

According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?" [1 Corinthians 3:9b-16]

If we choose to build poorly by not submitting, we will be saved, but all that we will have done with our lives will be worthless and will burn up. All that will survive the judgment of Jesus will be the foundation itself. Paul says that we will be saved, but only as though we just escaped a burning building.

And that will matter to us in eternity. God is so generous to us. Not only does He offer us free salvation, He promises us rewards for all eternity for following Him. This is not a bribery program; rather, it is a generous God pouring out His love on us.

If we choose to build a life of selfish pursuit rather than submission to the Lord, we bring nothing with us, and our reward will be small.

Now, that's a losing gamble, isn't it? If my life looks unimproved, if there are no fruits that reflect a changed heart, I'm either unsaved or a Christian who is truly wasting his entire life.

Both things are bad. One is obviously far worse, and only you and God know which one you are. If your life looks like you're still at war with God, if you are not living in submission to Him, I would encourage you to repent, throw yourself at Jesus and ask for mercy, submit to Him as Lord, and follow Him.

Densel

Poster
Why? Because the Bible is an anvil that has repeatedly worn out the skeptics hammer. The Bible we have today was almost entirely determined by the early church by the end of the 1st century. The early church fathers believed it, they knew the apostles, they staked their lives on it. Secular history tells us the apolstles all died for their faith. That's pretty strong evidence just on its own. That 4 men wrote 4 separate books on Christ's life/ministry and did not contradict each other is yet more powerful evidence. I would recommend the series by Chuck Missler, How we got our BIble, I believe it's on youtube, or at least part of it is. Not sure if you're one of those or not, but if so, no, the Catholic Church did not determine what is in the bible in the 4th century, it was determined long before that.

I'm making no sense? No, my God is specifically the God of the Bible. Your God is one you made up, or found in some other random book. Because the only revelation we have of Jesus Christ is from the Bible. If the Bible is untrustworthy, we have nowhere else to find him. So if you're a "man of God", you're blindly trusting a god that you made up, if you don't trust the Bible.
You're repeating the same dysfunctional argument. Just cuise people died for it doesn't make it true and you can call me a fool but you're blindly following something made by man not by God.

Densel

Poster
So which parts then?
Oh God no! You know which parts I mean. I've had enough of people on the internet demanding I do hours of research just to prove my statements to them, im not going to add more to my busy schedule by opening up the Bible and spending hours researching to find all the parts I considered untrustworthy just for you. If the fact that you know what I mean isn't enough for you then im just gonna ignore you.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Going back to the red heifers, is it possible that because the AC has read the Bible and knows exactly what will happen that is he making these events happen as if it were the end times so that he will “come back” as Jesus, become the ultimate false god and lead people astray and deceive them?

Top Bottom