Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bedtime

mrt

Elite
Need to get some rest tonight, going to get up and finish my Truck. I had it running and cranking really easy this morning but it got hot out there and my back and neck were killing me. Hopefully I can finish tomorrow. Thought I would just leave you with this for shits and grins.....

This one was funny ha.jpg

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Need to get some rest tonight, going to get up and finish my Truck. I had it running and cranking really easy this morning but it got hot out there and my back and neck were killing me. Hopefully I can finish tomorrow. Thought I would just leave you with this for shits and grins.....

View attachment 52402

What kind of work are you doing to your truck?

mrt

Elite
What kind of work are you doing to your truck?
Camshaft and all the valve train parts. Also had to put a new pan gasket on since I tried to replace the camshaft the old way and not remove the pan completely, the yoyo that robbed me put a cheap oil pan on and used a one piece gasket, you can't get the timing cover back on if you have that combo. An old oem pan and you can replace the timing cover all day long with out having to drop the pan, not with this new style oil pan gasket. I am keeping my fingers crossed there will be no leaks on that new pan gasket. If there is I will order a new oem pan and gasket set and take it to a good shop and have it replaced. I don't have the time or inclination to crawl under the truck again, especially in cold weather which is coming soon. It took me months to get this far due to my health and age. My knees don't bend so once down on the ground I have a very hard time getting back up. The engine is starting now without any issue and I got my vacuum back so it idles nice. Sounds like this cam is no more than an old Z-28 camshaft. It is listed as a motor home camshaft and is mid range, so was the z-28 coming in at the 2000 rpm range. I had one in my 67 Chev Truck, it ran really strong but the gas mileage was great. In 76 I could buy 5 dollars of gas and drive fast to Galveston from Houston and still have gas when I got back to Houston. I had a Holley 600 carb and it was a good combination for the freeway driving. This setup on this gmc is a straightbore 600 and the weight of the truck is a lot more than the old 67, tires are taller and much heavier. I still expect the mileage to be good because I don't drive on the freeways and the truck is low geared so it pulls low range very good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom