Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

American airlines lost my luggage

JerBearr

I got back from my business trip at 1am (was supposed to arrive 10 hours before that but I had 15 different flight cancelations and/or flight delays). When I got home American airlines lost my luggage. I received it today.

IMG_20210815_171503.jpgIMG_20210815_171511.jpgIMG_20210815_184815.jpgIMG_20210815_184824.jpg

Last edited:

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
They're going to find a very angry customer when they finally answer the phone. I had to hang up after 3.5 hours of on hold today. I'll be calling again tomorrow
In all honesty you should ask them to replace everything and give you a free flight cuz that’s some bullshit.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
I got back from my business trip at 1am (was supposed to arrive 10 hours before that but I had 15 different flight cancelations and/or flight delays). When I got home American airlines lost my luggage. I received it today.

View attachment 39899View attachment 39900View attachment 39901View attachment 39902View attachment 39903

I feel like we know you better now, @JerBearr. You buy vacation groceries, like Froot of the Loom, "fun" socks, and Dyson, and you have a collection of what appears to be color-sorted jars of jelly beans in an otherwise spotless living room.

Do you own a clear plastic raincoat and listen to Huey Lewis and the News?

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Was flying American yesterday also. They kept claiming “bad weather” in dallas yet everyone on the plane was looking at the radar in Dallas and it didn’t look that bad

Anyway, we sat on the Tarmac for one hour, they make an announcement that it’s going to be another hour. The second hour passes and they state they are ready to go but the temperature has risen so the need volunteers to get off the plane to reduce weight. No volunteers.
As we are waiting for volunteers the pilot comes on and says it’s going to be another 1 hour and 50 minutes to get going. I immediately ask the attendant if she still needs volunteers and she says yes, so I told her me and my family are off.
To compensate, she gave me (6) $1200 flight credits and two hotel rooms for the night..
Then, no less than 5 minutes later, the whole flight gets cancelled and everyone got off the plane. She still honored my 6 vouchers.
One of my better trades this year.

suck it @JerBearr

Last edited:

JerBearr

Was flying American yesterday also. They kept claiming “bad weather” in dallas yet everyone on the plane was looking at the radar in Dallas and it didn’t look that bad

Anyway, we sat on the Tarmac for one hour, they make an announcement that it’s going to be another hour. The second hour passes and they state they are ready to go but the temperature has risen so the need volunteers to get off the plane to reduce weight. No volunteers.
As we are waiting for volunteers the pilot comes on and says it’s going to be another 1 hour and 50 minutes to get going. I immediately ask the attendant if she still needs volunteers and she says yes, so I told her me and my family are off.
To compensate, she gave me (6) $1200 flight credits and two hotel rooms for the night..
Then, no less than 5 minutes later, the whole flight gets cancelled and everyone got off the plane. She still honored my 6 vouchers.
One of my better trades this year.

suck it @JerBearr
Omfg that's amazing!

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
I feel like we know you better now, @JerBearr. You buy vacation groceries, like Froot of the Loom, "fun" socks, and Dyson, and you have a collection of what appears to be color-sorted jars of jelly beans in an otherwise spotless living room.

Do you own a clear plastic raincoat and listen to Huey Lewis and the News?

wY27w.gif

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I hope they go out of business soon 2021 soon.

My FIL is a big delta guy and is always complaining we don't fly delta (I just fly whoever has the flights at the time i need).

Anyway, his response when my wife told him about the flight credits was "use them before AA goes bankrupt". I told him not to worry, the government doesn't let airlines go bankrupt anymore.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
In all honesty you should ask them to replace everything and give you a free flight cuz that’s some bullshit.
Your photos are worth 10,000 words. I have never seen such an f'ing mess in my life. But you might want to check their rules on liquids in glass inside a suitcase - that is probably a banned activity and you won't get any reimbursement for interior. Now the smashed suitcase is another story! First, find out the name of the gorilla that works baggage transfer from moving belt to belly of aircraft!

Astragalus

Poster
Founder

View attachment 39899View attachment 39901View attachment 39902View attachment 39903
Looks like they didn’t even bother to land. Just chucked it out at 30,000 feet. Shame about the BBQ sauce. A little Palmolive and Oxiclean should do the trick.

Better get all the glass out of the underdrawers though…

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Looks like they didn’t even bother to land. Just chucked it out at 30,000 feet. Shame about the BBQ sauce. A little Palmolive and Oxiclean should do the trick.

Better get all the glass out of the underdrawers though…
Glass splinters in the arse doesn't sound like it would feel good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom