Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My mother died.

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
She was perfectly healthy and got checked for skin cancer twice a year having grown up in Key West in the 50’s before the bridge was built, and spending the last decade on the Texas Gulf coast.
Her last check up was in January and came back all clear. In February a lump was detected in her arm that was determined to be breast cancer that had spread to the lymph nodes. Afterwards it moved to her bones and spine. 2 months ago she was put into ICU at MD Anderson and 2 weeks later a nursing home in Rockport (TX). After that she went home and was there for 2 weeks before Saturday night when she died.
Apparently the cancer or the chemo (doctors weren’t sure which one) caused dementia to set in. The doctor in Rockport said up until 2 years ago he had only heard of this happening, but now has seen it several times in the small town where my parents live.
The last weeks of her life were spent in a daze not knowing who anyone was or where she was. She lost 30 pounds, and looked like she was 89 instead of 69 and died weighting around 80 pounds.
Sure maybe she got the cancer from her genes because supposedly her grand mother died of breast cancer, maybe she was just unlucky, or maybe it was the second jab her and my father got.

OPD77

Elite
She was perfectly healthy and got checked for skin cancer twice a year having grown up in Key West in the 50’s before the bridge was built, and spending the last decade on the Texas Gulf coast.
Her last check up was in January and came back all clear. In February a lump was detected in her arm that was determined to be breast cancer that had spread to the lymph nodes. Afterwards it moved to her bones and spine. 2 months ago she was put into ICU at MD Anderson and 2 weeks later a nursing home in Rockport (TX). After that she went home and was there for 2 weeks before Saturday night when she died.
Apparently the cancer or the chemo (doctors weren’t sure which one) caused dementia to set in. The doctor in Rockport said up until 2 years ago he had only heard of this happening, but now has seen it several times in the small town where my parents live.
The last weeks of her life were spent in a daze not knowing who anyone was or where she was. She lost 30 pounds, and looked like she was 89 instead of 69 and died weighting around 80 pounds.
Sure maybe she got the cancer from her genes because supposedly her grand mother died of breast cancer, maybe she was just unlucky, or maybe it was the second jab her and my father got.
Very sorry for you loss. Stay strong brother ! Prayers to you and the family.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

I’m so sorry to hear that. May Yahweh be with you and your family through this difficult time.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder

I am very sorry to hear about this. I'll pray for you and your family right now. I hope you and your family are able to mourn and also find comfort and peace in God.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Sorry man. Prayers to you and your family

Viking

Legendary
Founder
You and your family are in my prayers. Peace brother.

Dolphincock

Elite
Peace Brother! Prayers with you and your family

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder
Very sorry for your loss

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
I'm sorry for your loss @Rva

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
Sorry to hear that bro, thoughts and prayers.

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
@Rva sorry man. I wish I had something profound to say to you. Holler if we can help in any way.
Thanks.
I’m still in the “thankful she’s not suffering” phase. Not sure when the “she is gone” phase will hit. The hardest thing is watching my dad. They had been married for 48 years.
It’s been a rough 5 years. The eye of Harvey passed over my parents house in 2017. My brother died in 2020, and know this.
I’m just fortunate that she lived a long life and did not die when I was a child, or when I was younger. My mother was at events and with my through my life. My brother’s daughter will say to herself “I wish my dad was here” at everything from school events to graduations, weddings, and other life events. I weep for her because of that (and the fact her mom is a fucking bitch who cheated on my brother and he found out she was doing it again the day he died (but that’s another story)

Rube Reaper

Elite
Thanks.
I’m still in the “thankful she’s not suffering” phase. Not sure when the “she is gone” phase will hit. The hardest thing is watching my dad. They had been married for 48 years.
It’s been a rough 5 years. The eye of Harvey passed over my parents house in 2017. My brother died in 2020, and know this.
I’m just fortunate that she lived a long life and did not die when I was a child, or when I was younger. My mother was at events and with my through my life. My brother’s daughter will say to herself “I wish my dad was here” at everything from school events to graduations, weddings, and other life events. I weep for her because of that (and the fact her mom is a fucking bitch who cheated on my brother and he found out she was doing it again the day he died (but that’s another story)
Sorry for your loss!

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Thanks.
Keep the faith Bruddah. We ain't far off either.

9Mounties07

Elite
Sorry RVA. Prayers to you

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Bro Hug! Prayers up!!!

Sorry for your loss!

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Thanks.
Fuck man, that was a brutal read.☹️

On a day where I have wanted to punch my Globalist brother in the dick (he made a huge deal about coming to town to take mom for eye surgery…..only to call her this am and tell her he can’t make it…..some bullshit about his fucking Tesla BATTERY).🤣 So I took her as I planned….but she is upset BC that fucker bailed on her (she realized today how little anyone outside his immediate purview means to him)🤬🤬🤬

Then I read this……..🤯

And NOW IM THE FUCKIN ASSHOE..😳

Such is my…..FML! 🤷‍♂️

Densel

Poster
I'm sorry, my condolences but what do you mean by jab?

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Key-west-sunset.jpg

RIP.

Top Bottom