Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gsheets96

Poster
Over the past few years we noticed that the US government is corrupted and some people talk about the system as an evil thing. Tom McDonald’s latest video the system on YouTube talks about it. But then after thinking a question over money came to my head. Do we actually need money? At the moment we absolutely do, so we can afford the house we live in, to pay bills that we are given, to go to school for knowledge, transportation etc, but when I thought about it more another question quickly answered came up. Did we have money at the beginning? That answer is no we just grouped together as a tribe and traded food or goods not money so then why do we have money now? Can we possibly run a test to see what would occur when we stop using money? Well here’s some things I think would happen if you get rid of money. I think there would be less crime because there would be no poverty due to not needing money so that’s a plus. I’m not so sure what else though but let’s talk about it if you’re interested. What is your opinion?

Sikness23245

Elite
Money isn't the cause of poverty. It's the lack of resources. Food, clean water, energy, etc. Money is just a means to obtain resources. Some having resources in abundance and others lacking resources would still be an issue without money, thus poverty would still exist.

Gsheets96

Poster
Money is a store of value that represents work you have done.

If you got rid of money the world would be much less efficient and thus there would not be peace.

Money is a necessary tool. What that money looks like is up for debate.
How do you know that no one would do anything without money? There are people who have a large sum of money where they can retire and do as they please but they don’t. And just because nothing would be efficient doesn’t mean that there would not be piece. Think about the Indians before we became America they lived off the land and the only violence was with any tribes that were violent and I don’t think they had any form of currency.

Gsheets96

Poster
Sometimes your flush and sometimes your bust. When your up it’s never good as it seems and when you’re down you, think you’ll never be up again, but life goes on, remember that. Money isn’t real. It doesn’t matter, you only think that it does.
Actually in today’s society it definitely matters. If you can’t pay the mortgage on a house the bank takes it. You have to pay a doctor to give birth and pay to have a plot in a graveyard

Gsheets96

Poster
Money isn't the cause of poverty. It's the lack of resources. Food, clean water, energy, etc. Money is just a means to obtain resources. Some having resources in abundance and others lacking resources would still be an issue without money, thus poverty would still exist.
Your not entirely wrong but it’s more like the lack of money helps create poverty as well though. If you can’t afford to feed your family your in poverty. And yes your right there would still be poverty with out it but there are crimes committed because of the lack of money not saying that it is all the crime but without any currency there’s no financial based crimes

TJHall1

Legendary
How do you know that no one would do anything without money? There are people who have a large sum of money where they can retire and do as they please but they don’t. And just because nothing would be efficient doesn’t mean that there would not be piece. Think about the Indians before we became America they lived off the land and the only violence was with any tribes that were violent and I don’t think they had any form of currency.
I understand what you're saying, but Indians murdered the shit out of each other to steal furs, women, weapons, food, land.

D

Deleted member 2886

Well shit, after reading each of the posts til this point.
I can admit I actually agree with all of ya'z in certain respects & to various degrees.

#For example, as @ChicagoFats has explained exceptionally well....
Money is a store of value that represents work you have done.

If you got rid of money the world would be much less efficient and thus there would not be peace.

Money is a necessary tool. What that money looks like is up for debate.
#Accurate AF! Almost totally agree.👍

-"Money": is merely the physical representation of accumulated effort/energy/value.
*(A relatively safe/secure, versatile store, and proof of such.)

#In reality "Money" is simply a...
magicut_1649579376928.png
...and it is only necessary, to the runaway extent to which it currently is, resulting by this "Tools" inherent compounding affects,...if not responsibly utilized/managed.

It is a shame that, in this current day, our "Money" is not backed by a 🤔proper storage reservoir such as Gold aye?

It just seems to me that we're all overlooking the
fundamental--inherently compounding--core aspects of which subsequently has manifest as the above mentioned complications & thus also questions we seek answers.

Not sure if I will be able to adequately articulate what I'm meaning in such a way so it's clear to all.
(Extremely blazed rn😁)

Maybe an analogy will do the trick?

#Long ago mankind was but a tiny seed planted in a tiny pot.

#The seed germinated, and he grew.

#Mankind thrived, extending his roots through the soil, his branches stretching just as far.

#Eventually his roots could extend no further, restricted by the tiny pot.

#Roots becoming bound, pressure building as they bind & twist, until finally a crack, then a sudden explosion of growth bursts forth.

#Mankind just invented "Money".

#Now the entire planet Earth is his pot.
His roots have again begun to bind & twist.
Pressure is building once more.

😂Hope that makes sense.

Cheers👍

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Your not entirely wrong but it’s more like the lack of money helps create poverty as well though. If you can’t afford to feed your family your in poverty. And yes your right there would still be poverty with out it but there are crimes committed because of the lack of money not saying that it is all the crime but without any currency there’s no financial based crimes

No one said they wouldn’t do anything, I just said it would be much less efficient. It would cost you too much time to trade your goods.

Yes less edficiency means less happiness and less happiness means less peace. Happy people are less desperate and less violent.

The Indians lived in the freaking Stone Age. Think of all the things that money has allowed us to accomplish since the Indians have been around. We have cell phones, space satellites etc. none of that happens without money.

money is necessary, what it should look like
Is debatable. BTC solves a lot of these problems.

Lack of money may cause crimes but too much money will cause crime also. See Weimar Republic. If you print so much money that it’s worthless, people are then desperate again.

A question I have is why should a government decide what money is and how much it’s worth?

Emma tenywa

Elite
Do away with money, another form of currency will arise. Transactions are what drive the world forward because it's our human nature to have different needs,hence the desire to exchange what we need for what what we don't necessarily need but needed by others. Money is a lubricant to this transactions and overtime as we move through the different "levels" of civilization, a more efficient form of money is required to ease transactions. From coins, to paper money, to e-money and now we are moving towards cryptocurrencies. Therefore, It is indeed the root cause of all evil since we all need it to be able to transact

Jtrain80

Legendary

Nomadic lifestyles do not generate taxes, therefore had to be eliminated.

Now if you wanted to discuss the fiat system vs gold backed, the banking act of 1871, the 16th amendment, the Titanic VIPs, etc... then you have come to the right place.

Gsheets96

Poster
I understand what you're saying, but Indians murdered the shit out of each other to steal furs, women, weapons, food,
Do away with money, another form of currency will arise. Transactions are what drive the world forward because it's our human nature to have different needs,hence the desire to exchange what we need for what what we don't necessarily need but needed by others. Money is a lubricant to this transactions and overtime as we move through the different "levels" of civilization, a more efficient form of money is required to ease transactions. From coins, to paper money, to e-money and now we are moving towards cryptocurrencies. Therefore, It is indeed the root cause of all evil since we all need it to be able to transact
I wouldn’t say it’s the root of all evil but it does help create it. We already have people who run operations that are shady non the less just to get more of it. For example addictive drugs cause people to want more and those drugs are eather made by big pharma or your local drug dealer. there’s allways a new phone coming out around the time your phone starts to supposedly get worse so you’ll have a need for a new phone.in general money more influences greed than anything else. Look at weed in the state of Illinois it is taxed by the percentage of THC where as alcohol is not but I guess that could be caused by something else. What do you think

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
Over the past few years we noticed that the US government is corrupted and some people talk about the system as an evil thing. Tom McDonald’s latest video the system on YouTube talks about it. But then after thinking a question over money came to my head. Do we actually need money? At the moment we absolutely do, so we can afford the house we live in, to pay bills that we are given, to go to school for knowledge, transportation etc, but when I thought about it more another question quickly answered came up. Did we have money at the beginning? That answer is no we just grouped together as a tribe and traded food or goods not money so then why do we have money now? Can we possibly run a test to see what would occur when we stop using money? Well here’s some things I think would happen if you get rid of money. I think there would be less crime because there would be no poverty due to not needing money so that’s a plus. I’m not so sure what else though but let’s talk about it if you’re interested. What is your opinion?
Only works if people are self motivated. Too many lips on the hind tit for that in a modern world. Now if we were to move the model to survival of the fittest…

TJHall1

Legendary
This makes no sense. With money people commit crimes to get money, so they can use that money to get things they want. Without money, people are just going to commit crimes to get whatever it is they want or need. Your argument that violence and crime would go down because there would be no "financial based crimes" just doesn't jibe.
People will commit crimes to get what they want, money or not.

TJHall1

Legendary
Maybe trolling isn’t the best word, more like hazing
freaking-weak-thats-weak.gif

Emma tenywa

Elite
I wouldn’t say it’s the root of all evil but it does help create it. We already have people who run operations that are shady non the less just to get more of it. For example addictive drugs cause people to want more and those drugs are eather made by big pharma or your local drug dealer. there’s allways a new phone coming out around the time your phone starts to supposedly get worse so you’ll have a need for a new phone.in general money more influences greed than anything else. Look at weed in the state of Illinois it is taxed by the percentage of THC where as alcohol is not but I guess that could be caused by something else. What do you think
Your right, however I'd say that one of the side effects of money is greed.most times the more you have it, the more you need it. Your needs grow bigger,.if you can get $10000, you begin to get get problems or needs that require $15000. Such cases are the root of shady operations IMO

Gsheets96

Poster
Ugh it’s one of those things I’d hate to see a new guy trying to participate trolled off the site, but if they can’t handle it, it’s just a matter of time until they do.

Hold strong @Gsheets96
Thank you but I didn’t leave I’m not on the internet 24/7 unlike certain people who think they can get to me.

Gsheets96

Poster
Only works if people are self motivated. Too many lips on the hind tit for that in a modern world. Now if we were to move the model to survival of the fittest…
I can’t argue with that. never heard that phrase before could you explain it? Even if money motivates you that motivation can only go so far say if you were in a job you hate your not gonna work hard regardless. I currently work at a recycling plant and you don’t know how many people come through and are just shit workers. All you do is stand on the line work 12 hrs a day picking metal and wire for a pretty decent pay plus by the 4th day you’re working over time witch means more money.

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
I can’t argue with that. never heard that phrase before could you explain it? Even if money motivates you that motivation can only go so far say if you were in a job you hate your not gonna work hard regardless. I currently work at a recycling plant and you don’t know how many people come through and are just shit workers. All you do is stand on the line work 12 hrs a day picking metal and wire for a pretty decent pay plus by the 4th day you’re working over time witch means more money.
Basically refers to feeding of young animals. Too many feeding and not enough weaned.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Its not money that motivates you, its what you can buy with that money that motivates you. Is is a piece of paper that you want, or is it that vacation you can get with the piece of paper you want?

Also, do you agree that if there is too much money in the world that would be a problem also?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
1652211068058.gif

Gsheets96

Poster
Its not money that motivates you, its what you can buy with that money that motivates you. Is is a piece of paper that you want, or is it that vacation you can get with the piece of paper you want?

Also, do you agree that if there is too much money in the world that would be a problem also?
I would think that when you add more money to the system it decreases its value or at least I think it would. But what about the fact we can’t live the way we want without having to spend something in general. Let’s say you have everything set up so that you homeschool your kids, you have your own cattle and crops to feed the family. You still have to pay taxes on the land you supposedly own and unless you make your own pluming and electricity you gotta pay for that too. Then there’s gas. Actually I remember learning about how farmers had there land taken from them by the government and the government paulyed them what the government thought it was worth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom