Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

$52,000,000,000 in aid to Ukraine

TJHall1

Legendary
I don’t see anyone laughing.

It seems like most of them are bitching about the money portion of it, which while a serious grievance, shouldn’t ever be used as an excuse to not do something in our geopolitical interest and morally right.

WW2 was started by having just one country invaded.

Moreover, it’s not like it should matter how many country are being invaded when I country invades another with no justification for hostilities.

It’s not like supporting aid for a Ukraine is some sort of crazy position. 3/4 Americans support such aid.
Did you miss the laughing gifs?? Or the people saying how stupid it is that you think we're somehow putting Russia in it's place by wasting money on Ukraine? You're actually pretty entertaining in this thread so I appreciate the laughs.

😂

racernhra

Elite
Founder
I should have known better than to respond to a known troll.

I’m looking for a good reason to get angry. Please explain why I should be upset with what Russia is doing and why I should support sending (now) $56 billion there to be laundered. Perhaps you can convince me that Nazi’s are better so I can feel good about where my tax dollars are going.

Again, looking for a good ole’ fashioned fit of rage so let’s hear it.

I’m looking for a good reason to get angry. Please explain why I should be upset with what Russia is doing and why I should support sending (now) $56 billion there to be laundered. Perhaps you can convince me that Nazi’s are better so I can feel good about where my tax dollars are going.

Again, looking for a good ole’ fashioned fit of rage so let’s hear it.
If you don’t think communists are drastically worse than Nazis then I’d guess we aren’t going to find much we agree on.

TJHall1

Legendary
If you don’t think communists are drastically worse than Nazis then I’d guess we aren’t going to find much we agree on.
Neither are trying to invade our country so the fact that you think sending billions and billions of dollars to one of them(the one our dirty cia runs and makes the bidens rich) somehow "brings the other one down a peg" is embarrassing.

TJHall1

Legendary
ZtZuZT.gif

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Macron is doing what the US should be doing. Tell them to make a deal because we are cutting off the weapons supply. They would be using bb guns in two weeks.

Neither are trying to invade our country so the fact that you think sending billions and billions of dollars to one of them(the one our dirty cia runs and makes the bidens rich) somehow "brings the other one down a peg" is embarrassing.
If you don’t see Finland and Sweden joining NATO & Europe quitting Russian energy as body blows to Russia then I was a fool to ever expect on discussion an this topic.

Last edited:

TJHall1

Legendary
If you don’t see Finland and Sweden joining NATO & Europe quitting Russian energy as body blows to Russia then I was a fool to ever expect on discussion on this topic.
Oh I thought we were talking about the billions of dollars we sent to the dirty cia Ukrainian government and the bidens!!

And no, the Russians are not deterred. Finland and Sweden won't ever do shit and Russian energy will be just fine. Body blows hahahahahaha.

Do you have a Ukraine flag flying high in your yard to bring Russia down a peg?

Oh I thought we were talking about the billions of dollars we sent to the dirty cia Ukrainian government and the bidens!!

And no, the Russians are not deterred. Finland and Sweden won't ever do shit and Russian energy will be just fine. Body blows hahahahahaha.

Do you have a Ukraine flag flying high in your yard to bring Russia down a peg?
Yeah, 40B is nothing in America. If it means bad media for the Russians it’s worth it.

With Sweden and Finland joining NATO we’re at the 10’s of Trillions of dollars value.

TJHall1

Legendary
Yeah, 40B is nothing in America. If it means bad media for the Russians it’s worth it.

With Sweden and Finland joining NATO we’re at the 10’s of Trillions of dollars value.
It's not bad media for the Russians, that's where you're falling for the propaganda. Somehow it's nothing in America but it's bringing Russia to it's knees?
You're lost guy. You're definitely on the take down evil train, which is good, you just don't realize they're both evil and our money is being wasted.

Also, can you provide a link for the 3/4 of Americans claim you made earlier?

It's not bad media for the Russians, that's where you're falling for the propaganda. Somehow it's nothing in America but it's bringing Russia to it's knees?
You're lost guy. You're definitely on the take down evil train, which is good, you just don't realize they're both evil and our money is being wasted.

Also, can you provide a link for the 3/4 of Americans claim you made earlier?
It’s definitely bad media for the Russians.

Do you think Finland and Sweden are joining NATO because they have warmed to Russia?

Do you think Russia going bankrupt over the next decade because demand for their resources has plummeted is good media?

Let’s be intellectually honest and acknowledge Russia took a couple squares miles of Ukraine at the price of political and economic suicide.

What Russia has done would be the equivalent of The US borrowing 100T dollars, quitting trade with Mexico, and alienating Canada to invade the Polynesian Islands.

Jtrain80

Legendary
We do have Russian funded bio labs on our northern border though via Alaska & Russia.

Does that mean the US should go invade Russia since we don’t like their government policies that are producing zero hot hostilities like Russia did Ukraine?

I’m having a tough time even understanding what people’s position is. Is it that we should support Russia invading Ukraine simply because Ukraine is corrupt and has neo-nazi elements?

Well, we could start there. I would also bring up the fact that Ukraine is the largest recipient of US foreign aid since 1999 and the largest donor by nationality to the Clinton Foundation.

Then I might just mention its one of the largest human trafficking hubs in the World.

I went to school with a Ukrainian immigrant and called him during the 2014 civil war to find out what was going on. He said "Ukrainians are the laziest people on Earth and thought electing corrupt politicians would get them free shit. Then it blew up in their faces." That is a small data sample, but my only one.

It’s exactly the same situation in that a European country invaded another European country.

Could easily be compared to Japan’s invasion of China too.

I am ready to turn Japan loose on China to be quite honest.

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder

QuanChi

Elite
too bad Rand won’t be able to stop it. WTF man. Giving away 40 billion dollars received strong bipartisan support?

Rand is just mad they didn’t send the money to Israel

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I laugh at anyone supporting Ukraine these days. Is Russia more in the wrong here? Yes. Is Ukraine the good guys? No. Are both countries as corrupt and dirty as they come? Yes.

A friend of mine said it perfectly to me the other day. His dad was asking him about his thoughts on buying a Ukraine flag...he said flying a Ukraine flag now would be like flying an Iraqi flag back in the 80s, to support their fight against Iran.

Incorrect. I definitely have enemies in Russia. They would be bombing the shit out of America if they didn’t think we would turn them into ash.

That doesn’t mean I don’t also recognize the enemies in Washington as well.

Russia’s hubris provided an opportunity to hit them and take them down a peg the same way the Democrats hubris is going to allow us to take them down a few pegs in November.

Let’s not act like Putin and Russia are lovers of freedom or in the moral right with any of this.

Take a win where you can get it, like they’re doing with Russia, especially when it comes to national defense and geopolitics.

The old “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” schtick comes to mind as well.

Hell I’d be ok with The US paying 55B to get Finland and Sweden into NATO and nothing else. Yet, we got thousand of Russian casualties, my equipment destruction, a unified Europe spending and focused on defense, a unified Europe committed to ending Russian energy, an end to the “go green” rhetoric stateside, and massively increased demand for American energy… ALL for a MERE 55B dollars.

Biden was going to give away that 55B no matter what. Might as well be for all the useful things above as opposed to crack pipes for the East coast or tranny bathrooms in every library.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Incorrect. I definitely have enemies in Russia. They would be bombing the shit out of America if they didn’t think we would turn them into ash.

Russia’s hubris provided an opportunity to hit them and take them down a peg the same way the Democrats hubris is going to allow us to take them down a few pegs in November.

Let’s not act like Putin and Russia are lovers of freedom or in the moral right with any of this.

Take a win where you can get it, like they’re doing with Russia, especially when it comes to national defense and geopolitics.

Hell I’d be ok with The US paying 55B to get Finland and Sweden into NATO and nothing else. Yet, we got thousand of Russian casualties, my equipment destruction, a unified Europe spending and focused on defense, a unified Europe committed to ending Russian energy, an end to the “go green” rhetoric stateside, and massively increased demand for American energy… ALL for a MERE 55B dollars.

Biden was going to give away that 55B no matter what. Might as well be for all the useful things above as opposed to crack pipes for the East coast or tranny bathrooms in every library.
this is your brain on MSM

PleasureMoose

Legendary
I laugh at anyone supporting Ukraine these days. Is Russia more in the wrong here? Yes. Is Ukraine the good guys? No. Are both countries as corrupt and dirty as they come? Yes.

A friend of mine said it perfectly to me the other day. His dad was asking him about his thoughts on buying a Ukraine flag...he said flying a Ukraine flag now would be like flying an Iraqi flag back in the 80s, to support their fight against Iran.
wait was your friends dad actually considering buying a Ukrainian flag?

Last edited:

Hoppo

Elite
Founder

Explain in empirical terms what objective out intervention is serving? Depleting our own armaments to what end? To extend the inevitable while piling up a much larger body count?

The time to act was over a year ago, to prevent Putin from amassing sugh power. Instead western nations let Greta write their energy policies for them, and Biden in his incompetent glory gave them full energy hegemony by kneecapping our own production and repealing sanctions on Russia.

Explain in empirical terms what objective out intervention is serving? Depleting our own armaments to what end? To extend the inevitable while piling up a much larger body count?

The time to act was over a year ago, to prevent Putin from amassing sugh power. Instead western nations let Greta write their energy policies for them, and Biden in his incompetent glory gave them full energy hegemony by kneecapping our own production and repealing sanctions on Russia.
Depleting our own armaments? Are you suggesting that the small amount of arms we are sending them can’t be replaced?

I’m confused what you’re even suggesting / asking?

Empirically speaking US munitions are killing Russians and destabilizing public support in Russia. Add on top of that the US aid will likely keep all of Ukraine from collapsing to Russian forces while producing yet another ‘Afghanistan’ for Russia.

It easy to see how 55B is nothing for a nation that already spends trillions especially once you consider US workers and companies will make tons of money off of that aid.

That 55B was getting spent either way. At least now it went towards something productive instead of more crack pipes.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Depleting our own armaments? Are you suggesting that the small amount of arms we are sending them can’t be replaced?

Empirically speaking US munitions are killing Russians and destabilizing public support in Russia. Add on top of that the US aid will likely keep all of Ukraine from collapsing to Russian forces while producing yet another ‘Afghanistan’ for Russia.

It easy to see how 55B is nothing for a nation that already spends trillions especially once you consider US workers and companies will make tons of money off of that aid.

That 55B was getting spent either way. At least now it went towards something productive instead of more crack pipes.
You have any idea how many stingers we’ve sent? And they’re at least 18 months from being replenished.

That $55 billion is propping up a conflict that is a major factor in energy shortages and causing a worldwide famine. “Oh we were just going to spend it anyway” is about the stupidest fucking argument I have ever seen for picking a side in a war. Good God.

racernhra

Elite
Founder

I would argue they’re equally a waste of money. No difference.

You have any idea how many stingers we’ve sent? And they’re at least 18 months from being replenished.

That $55 billion is propping up a conflict that is a major factor in energy shortages and causing a worldwide famine. “Oh we were just going to spend it anyway” is about the stupidest fucking argument I have ever seen for picking a side in a war. Good God.
Worldwide famine?

I don’t see a famine here in The US.

Moreover, whether you like it or not that money was getting spent either way so at least we got some real positives out of it.

Top Bottom