Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will Tua set the record

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
100% this. One of the times I was really messed up and had to be brought back to life I was having seizures and remember as soon as I got halfway conscious I could see my arms sticking out with my hands and fingers rigid as hell with no control at all. Was wild

They call it "posturing". Scary as hell to watch. Fuck the Dolphins for letting him play this week.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
They call it "posturing". Scary as hell to watch. Fuck the Dolphins for letting him play this week.
Tonic posturing (fencing response) has been observed to precede convulsions in sports injuries at the moment of impact, where extension and flexion of opposite arms occurs despite body position or gravity. Of the 35 videos identified by an impact to the head and period of unconsciousness, 66% showed a fencing response at the moment of impact, regardless of the side of impact, without ensuing convulsion. Similarly, diffuse brain-injured rats demonstrate a fencing response upon injury at moderate (1.9 atm, 39/44 animals) but not mild severity (1.1 atm, 0/19 animals). The proximity of the lateral vestibular nucleus to the cerebellar peduncles makes it vulnerable to mechanical forces that initiate a neurochemical storm to elicit the neuromotor response, disrupt the blood-brain barrier, and alter the nuclear volume.

Conclusions: Therefore, the fencing response likely indicates neurological disturbance unique from convulsion associated with mechanical forces of moderate magnitude imparted on the midbrain and can assist in guiding medical care after injury.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Tonic posturing (fencing response) has been observed to precede convulsions in sports injuries at the moment of impact, where extension and flexion of opposite arms occurs despite body position or gravity. Of the 35 videos identified by an impact to the head and period of unconsciousness, 66% showed a fencing response at the moment of impact, regardless of the side of impact, without ensuing convulsion. Similarly, diffuse brain-injured rats demonstrate a fencing response upon injury at moderate (1.9 atm, 39/44 animals) but not mild severity (1.1 atm, 0/19 animals). The proximity of the lateral vestibular nucleus to the cerebellar peduncles makes it vulnerable to mechanical forces that initiate a neurochemical storm to elicit the neuromotor response, disrupt the blood-brain barrier, and alter the nuclear volume.

Conclusions: Therefore, the fencing response likely indicates neurological disturbance unique from convulsion associated with mechanical forces of moderate magnitude imparted on the midbrain and can assist in guiding medical care after injury.

I know about it from nurse & doctor friends at work. Like once we had a lady start profusely bleeding after delivering her baby. She lost almost 6 liters of blood. Coded twice in the OR, and she was posturing during that time. Often happens when your brain does not have enough oxygen. Again, fuck the Dolphins.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I know about it from nurse & doctor friends at work. Like once we had a lady start profusely bleeding after delivering her baby. She lost almost 6 liters of blood. Coded twice in the OR, and she was posturing during that time. Often happens when your brain does not have enough oxygen. Again, fuck the Dolphins.

By the way, sorry to quote myself...but THIS is why you don't have babies at home. That patient had 3 kids, all normal deliveries. She was not high risk...and she would have been dead before the ambulance even got to her house. Still can't believe she survived, with no brain damage even. Impressive work that night, for a 50 bed, very rural hospital.

champsballs

Elite
Founder

Can your friend @BigBucnNole confirm this. She is a dr

Rube Reaper

Elite
And people thought it was hyperbole to when people said these poor athletes are treated like slaves…

Thoughts and healing being sent to Tuanigamanuolepola!

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Holy shit! I thought this was a new thread…..only to realize it’s a year old and still relevant. 🤣🤣🤣

Tua is so Fuckin soft 🤣 and totally typical of Bama pro products. 🤣

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
So much for me yore argument that he isn’t a soft pussy , huh. That wasn’t some insanely dangerous play…..other qbs take these same shots…..yet Tua is always the injured one…..🤔🤣
Doesn't change my point that outside of the hip injury and a sprained ankle he was healthy at Bama. But their OL was better at keeping him on his feet tham Miami is.

BurntJ

Founder
Doesn't change my point that outside of the hip injury and a sprained ankle he was healthy at Bama. But their OL was better at keeping him on his feet tham Miami is.
Hey….who am I to tell you NOT to go down on Tua’s sinking ship? 🤷‍♂️

BurntJ

Founder
This is total BS. Do you even follow Bama? Or what’s going on with this?

He literally had 2 surgeries on his ankle per 👇. Why the fuck are you lying about stupid shit that is clearly provable? (I knew we hurt the pussy BUT never care to look up this BS……then this morning happens 🤣🤯🤷‍♂️

Article literally say 👇

The tightrope surgery is the same procedure quarterback Tua Tagovailoa had twice while at Alabama. It uses a high strength suture (surgical thread) instead of traditional metal screws. Technically known as the Knotless Syndesmosis TightRope Implant System, the procedure is designed to accelerate recovery for high ankle sprains, particularly in athletes, and can decrease the chances of long-term damage that can occur with high ankle sprains.

Tagavailoa had the procedure on his left ankle in 2018 after being injured in the SEC Championship Game against Georgia. He returned 28 days later to play in the College Football Playoff semifinal game against Oklahoma, passing for 318 yards and four touchdowns in a 45-34 Alabama win.

In 2019, he injured his right ankle in a game against Tennessee, underwent the procedure and came back three weeks later to play against LSU, a game in which he passed for 418 yards and four touchdowns in a 46-41 loss.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
This is total BS. Do you even follow Bama? Or what’s going on with this?

He literally had 2 surgeries on his ankle per 👇. Why the fuck are you lying about stupid shit that is clearly provable? (I knew we hurt the pussy BUT never care to look up this BS……then this morning happens 🤣🤯🤷‍♂️

Article literally say 👇

The tightrope surgery is the same procedure quarterback Tua Tagovailoa had twice while at Alabama. It uses a high strength suture (surgical thread) instead of traditional metal screws. Technically known as the Knotless Syndesmosis TightRope Implant System, the procedure is designed to accelerate recovery for high ankle sprains, particularly in athletes, and can decrease the chances of long-term damage that can occur with high ankle sprains.

Tagavailoa had the procedure on his left ankle in 2018 after being injured in the SEC Championship Game against Georgia. He returned 28 days later to play in the College Football Playoff semifinal game against Oklahoma, passing for 318 yards and four touchdowns in a 45-34 Alabama win.

In 2019, he injured his right ankle in a game against Tennessee, underwent the procedure and came back three weeks later to play against LSU, a game in which he passed for 418 yards and four touchdowns in a 46-41 loss.
obsession noted

Top Bottom