Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What’s in the new deal Manchin has tentatively agreed to

Let’s see if they can get all the Democrats on board with it. Will no doubt be a tall order in and of itself.

Other than that it’s nice to see them reducing the deficit and cutting back on red tape for domestic building projects. Giving Medicare the ability to negotiate prices on prescription drugs is long overdue as well. All in all it’s got some good stuff in there and some stuff I’m not real crazy about like the 15% minimum corporate tax rate.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Let’s see if they can get all the Democrats on board with it. Will no doubt be a tall order in and of itself.

Other than that it’s nice to see them reducing the deficit and cutting back on red tape for domestic building projects. Giving Medicare the ability to negotiate prices on prescription drugs is long overdue as well. All in all it’s got some good stuff in there and some stuff I’m not real crazy about like the 15% minimum corporate tax rate.

How much for “climate change”? Climate change is just a blank check for pork.

15% Corporate minimum tax seems like a bow to the WEF.

Calling it the inflation reduction act …. Lol 😂

How much for “climate change”? Climate change is just a blank check for pork.

15% Corporate minimum tax seems like a bow to the WEF.

Calling it the inflation reduction act …. Lol 😂
I laughed at the bill’s name as well.

369B for climate change if I remember correctly. I’m not opening it back up to find it right now because I’m hitting it well so far this morning.

Most of the discussion and narrative around “climate” is there to justify unnecessary spending if you ask me. That being said, heading into a recession with some stimulus from the building projects while slashing the deficit isn’t the worst decision DC has ever come up with.
Sure I’d rather see that money spent on missiles, ships, or steel subsidies but it isn’t being given as a blank check to Haiti or some other shit hole so consider me less upset than I could have been.

15% minimum tax is US. It does achieve what Western democracies wanted by eliminating tax havens for corporations thus incentivizing them to stay in their countries of origin.

Top Bottom